Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow, that really makes this suck. Someone should complain about shickenchit reporters poking around in their neighborhoods.

That one is ready to move up to that Fair and Balanced news outlet.
    The Corporate Empire is NOT a Constitutional Republic...
    ...but it plays one on TV.

Comment

Facts, not Fox!
      Ratings-based divisions: disc golf's inevitable future.
      Disc Golf Calendar: www.NWDiscGolf.info, or click CALENDAR at top of page
      Submit Event to Calendar: treelove@nwdiscgolf.info
      Team Disc Golf: http://www.teamdiscgolf.com
      Bitchin' URL: http://www.nwdiscgolf.com

Comment

Another follow up:

I met this morning with the parks manager, the head of maintenance, the head of facility rentals and the head of the restoration project along the creek this morning and they stated they are very happy with how disc golfers are treating the park. The restoration guy was also a little upset at the article in the paper because his comment that 80% of the planting survived was cast in a negative light. He was ecstatic to have that good of a survival rate.

I also met Mr. Calhoun at the park. I thanked him for bringing to light the need for all disc golfers to be responsible and do their best to keep the park clean and not damage the natural vegetation. Unfortunately, he wasn't happy to meet me and basically asked me to leave so he could meet alone with the parks manager.

Comment

Originally posted by Wog View Post
          Another follow up:

I met this morning with the parks manager, the head of maintenance, the head of facility rentals and the head of the restoration project along the creek this morning and they stated they are very happy with how disc golfers are treating the park. The restoration guy was also a little upset at the article in the paper because his comment that 80% of the planting survived was cast in a negative light. He was ecstatic to have that good of a survival rate.

I also met Mr. Calhoun at the park. I thanked him for bringing to light the need for all disc golfers to be responsible and do their best to keep the park clean and not damage the natural vegetation. Unfortunately, he wasn't happy to meet me and basically asked me to leave so he could meet alone with the parks manager.

That is all good news.
          Keep it up Steve and just let Mr. Calhoun..... well let him have a nice day, it seems that the people that need to be HAPPY are just that.
          "In Discatarianism We Trust"

:cheers:

:cool:sigpic

Comment

Steve

Keep up the good work. Thanks Steve

Comment

Unfortunately, he wasn't happy to meet me and basically asked me to leave so he could meet alone with the parks manager.
              Did you offer him a hanky before you left? Friggin' crybaby should shut the hell up or maybe we should start a program to give the homeless people a ride over to his house so they can do their business on his front lawn...
              “I believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know — Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, that’s in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, I’ll know I’m a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? I’m not sure, but it’s possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.”
              ~Annika Sörenstam

Comment

Thanks for all you do Mr. Carson.; it is all greatly appreciated.
                another work party or two would be great for the beginning of the season. It would possibly even quell some of calhoun's finer concerns.

Comment

Here's a copy of an e-mail I got this morning from the Parks Manager sent to the people that met her at Leverich on Friday. VERY encouraging!

I do appreciate this group taking the time to walk through the park this morning to inspect the park and options for improvements. I think our walk through did identify some opportunities to make some adjustments and modifications to the course to minimize impact to the park. I had a lengthy conversation with Mr. Calhoun after you left. As I expressed to Marvin, we are striving to strike a balance in an urban park to meet the park goals for safety and usability with environmental stewardship and improvements to the watershed.

Some areas that can be pulled together with volunteer work parties could include:

* some strategic locations for split rail fencing to help direct foot traffic,

* creation of soft surface paths in key locations,

* replanting of certain slopes once we redirect traffic,

* relocation of a few baskets to reduce the “errant” discs that then lead to folks trampling sensitive areas.

* ensuring that baskets are moved monthly and the bare areas receive seed mix to allow the area to heal

* add some information at the strategic locations to reinforce out of bound areas, protection of sensitive areas and not disturbing plants

It has been a huge team effort to revitalize this park with many partners. As I sat at a table talking to Mr. Calhoun and saw about 40 groups playing disc golf, including numerous families with kids down to the age of one, it reaffirmed that we are headed in the right direction. There are improvements that can be made but I saw lots of great wildlife, women out for a run on the path and families having fun in the park (and all but 1 dog on leashes). The park looked good.

Thanks again guys and let’s keep in touch about how to move some of the volunteer projects forward.

Jane

Jane Tesner Kleiner, RLA
                  Parks Manager
                  Vancouver-Clark Parks & Recreation Department (VCPRD)

Comment

when is wa parks and rec gonna step up and help shoulder the load of disc golfers anyway??! oregon courses within 30 min 6, within 60 min 14 or more? washinton courses within 120 min 2.5 if you count wsu as half a course.

Comment

Here's a copy of an e-mail I got this morning from the Parks Manager sent to the people that met her at Leverich on Friday. VERY encouraging!
                      It sounds like some course changes are eminent, but at least she recognizes the benefits of disc golf. Nice work, it looks like you handled the situation as good as it could have been done.
                      A bad day on the golf course is better than a good day at work!

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                      Collapse
                      No announcement yet.
                      Working...
                      X