Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Milo West Baskets pulled for restoration.

FYI
    Haven't seen anything mentioned yet so wanted to let everyone know that all of the baskets on Milo West Course have been pulled and are in the process of restoration. I don't know the timeline for getting them back in but maybe someone else will.

Bob

Originally posted by "Over the Hill" Bob View Post
    FYI
    Haven't seen anything mentioned yet so wanted to let everyone know that all of the baskets on Milo West Course have been pulled and are in the process of restoration. I don't know the timeline for getting them back in but maybe someone else will.

Bob
    I did make a post in the Milo Sub-Forum.

In any case, the west side will be closed for the next month while we refurbish the baskets. We currently have 18 of the tops being sandblasted and powder-coated. That process will take approximately 2 weeks. Once they are completed, we will reinstall the completed tops on the east course and take those out to be refurbished as well.

I know its annoying, but by removing the west side we can refinish 18 baskets at a time and only disrupt 18 holes out on the course.

Jeff Hagerty
    Last edited by Bullseye; May 9th, 2011, 12:33 PM. Reason: Details
    "You won't like me when I am angry, because I always back up my rage with facts and documented sources". - The Credible Hulk

Comment

Originally posted by Bullseye View Post
      I did make a post in the Milo Sub-Forum.

In any case, the west side will be closed for the next month while we refurbish the baskets. We currently have 18 of the tops being sandblasted and powder-coated. That process will take approximately 2 weeks. Once they are completed, we will reinstall the completed tops on the east course and take those out to be refurbished as well.

I know its annoying, but by removing the west side we can refinish 18 baskets at a time and only disrupt 18 holes out on the course.

Jeff Hagerty
      Sounds like a GOOD plan to me!

Bob

Comment

This is TOTAL BS!! I cannot believe that in addition to the money being taken out of the AM payout at the Fling to pay for this work that us AMs also have to suffer without these baskets for this long.

ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
        ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

Originally posted by Sam View Post
          This is TOTAL BS!! I cannot believe that in addition to the money being taken out of the AM payout at the Fling to pay for this work that us AMs also have to suffer without these baskets for this long.

How many times do you have to be told to MOVE UP!? Now look what happened!!

Comment

ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
            ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

Hey Jeff, not sure if this has been brought up but it was one thing I was taking a look at when out at Milo on Saturday. Is it possible to do some of the west holes and remove a few of the east. I was thinking 12-15 east in particular. With everything being as wet as it has been, errosion as really started taking its tole in the spiral. Just a though!

Comment

Oh sure... a PRO player trying to take more AM opportunities away...

Thanks, Bruce!
                ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

Originally posted by Bruce View Post
                  Hey Jeff, not sure if this has been brought up but it was one thing I was taking a look at when out at Milo on Saturday. Is it possible to do some of the west holes and remove a few of the east. I was thinking 12-15 east in particular. With everything being as wet as it has been, erosion as really started taking its toll in the spiral. Just a though!
                  We thought about that briefly, but it was just a bit too logical to simply remove the west course. We're planning on getting out there for a number of work parties, large and small, over the next couple of months. One of which I'm sure will include cleaning up and tossing chips down in the spiral.
                  "You won't like me when I am angry, because I always back up my rage with facts and documented sources". - The Credible Hulk

Comment

do you guys have free wood chip connections? I might have one if needed...

Comment

well sam if u moved up. u would have the honor of lining a really good pro's pocket with ur green backs....u can take pride in knowing that pro there...may actually be spending ur money to buy that beer

Comment

Originally posted by snap7times View Post
                        do you guys have free wood chip connections? I might have one if needed...
                        The parks guys usually can supply us with chips. If we have trouble lining them up I might call on you though.

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                        Collapse
                        No announcement yet.
                        Working...
                        X