here's a good full body slo-mo analysis of tim lincicum
    who throws 97 mph at 5 foot 11 and 165 pounds

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lGDlw...eature=related

sorry I'm old and don't know how to do the fancy computer linky stuff

shows what you can do with bottom-up sequencing,
    and using plant leg leverage and throwing arm position
    to get large separation between hips and shoulders

I never noticed how much he LEAPS
    to his plant foot and how much his toe drags.

Be careful emulating his stride and separation.
    He doesn't pitch on slippery concrete mounds

Embedded that for you. Interesting video indeed, makes me want to record my throwing motion.
    Sometimes my mind boggles. It's so deep my mind actually boggles.

~ Cyndi Lauper ~

Comment

I pulled just about every muscle in my body watching that. At least I now know why I don't have any D. I was too stiff to do many things, even when I was a little kid. After 64 years of injuries, car and motorcycle crashes, and a blown rotator cuff, I think I'll continue to work on my short game.
      The Corporate Empire is NOT a Constitutional Republic...
      ...but it plays one on TV.

Comment

WOW indeed! Great video. now I'm gona spend the next 3 hours looking over my videos watching hip rotation and upper-body placement and rotation.
        Hukin since 1992
        DGOD #115

Comment

Kurt!! How ya doin? Haven't seen ya in a fort night. This is an awesome video! It explains to me perfectly why after taking Yoga classes 3 days a week for 4 months I gained 40-50 ft of "easy" power.. I need to bust out the camera next time I'm at the field. Hope to see ya on the course Kurt! take care
          Relax and enjoy your hair
          TNT Yardworks.com

Comment

Yes, about that Kurt guy: he's only adorned our course one time, but it was one of the funnest rounds I ever done did. It would be nice to do that again some time.
            The Corporate Empire is NOT a Constitutional Republic...
            ...but it plays one on TV.

Comment

My first Open tournament I was lucky enough to play with Kurt and Tom Embree at the 04 Windy River. I was nervous but it only lasted about 30 seconds tops. One of the most enjoyable worst rounds I ever played. Still remember and use some of the lessons I learned that day. I was lutenant Saturday but I couldn't figure out why cause I was Captain Friday the day before.. Basically I practiced so hard the day before and got so dialed that I was tired on Saturday. Also what goes right with that, its possible to make it from anywhere so all you really have to do is toss it to within 50 and make your putt It;s amazing how well you can play if you realize that you just don''t care Can't wait to play another round with you.
              How far is righty Kurt throwing compared to lefty Kurt?
              Relax and enjoy your hair
              TNT Yardworks.com

Comment

This guy has the nickname of "The Freak" for a reason...

Apparently his dad was a Boeing Engineer and helped him overcome the odds by using mechanics to refine his windup.

FYI. He grew up in Renton and played college at UW. Could have been drafted by the Mariners (and many other teams).

Comment

just checking in
                  I think I'll try to play the Battle in Seattle in June

/haven't played ONE round since States

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                  Collapse
                  No announcement yet.
                  Working...
                  X