Glow Golf Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Originally posted by Sam View Post
    6:30 game start. 9pm tee. Eat it, Scott. I will get to see the Lakers' win and then golf at night.
    That game will barely be over. Plus, a Lakers game is a TERRIBLE reason not to disc golf in Portland.Almost inexcusable

    Comment


    • #17
      This is Portland? Shit... I thought that this was Los Angeles North...

      Oh wait... that's just Beaverton.
      ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
      ~Annika SŲrenstam

      Comment


      • #18
        Then again... chance of rain at 8pm is 92% at wunderground.com. weather.com is calling for 15%.

        We'll see.
        ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
        ~Annika SŲrenstam

        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by Sam View Post
          6:30 game start. 9pm tee. Eat it, Scott. I will get to see the Lakers' win and then golf at night.
          Like I said - there's always golf.

          Comment


          • #20
            Originally posted by Scott View Post
            Like I said - there's always golf.
            Lol
            Proud member #20 of STUMPTOWN Disc Golf and the PDGA #30488
            Damn The Weak Side!!!!!!

            Comment


            • #21
              http://www.amazon.com/Disc-Golf-Nite.../dp/B002WKN4J0 (red works the best)

              http://extremeglow.com/Merchant4/mer...egory_Code=112 (1.5 inch sticks, the green ones work the best)
              ccovington4169@aol.com

              Comment


              • #22
                Thank you!!!

                Comment


                • #23
                  I run a GLOW series twice a month following the lunar cycle. Its a LONE WOLF format so you can even get home at a decent hour since LONE WOLF is such a fast pace game. I call the series "G.L.W" for GLOW LONE WOLF. Find out more on capitalcitydiscgolf.com or discgolfscene.com

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    FORE! 2011

                    Originally posted by "BEAST" View Post
                    I run a GLOW series twice a month following the lunar cycle. Its a LONE WOLF format so you can even get home at a decent hour since LONE WOLF is such a fast pace game. I call the series "G.L.W" for GLOW LONE WOLF. Find out more on capitalcitydiscgolf.com or discgolfscene.com
                    We have Glow Wraiths as players pack discs this year for our tournament... and the champion Makos we also have make fine discs for Glowing!
                    FORE! Youth 2011 http://www.discgolfscene.com/tournam...RE_Youth_2011/

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Originally posted by COV45 View Post
                      yes i have found while running a weekly glo tourny green AND yellow 1.5 glow sticks work the best and the cheapest to work with ..also the 6 inch glow sticks with the hooks built-in are also the best for the baskets..this after 3 years trying everything else.. leds and the GLO disc are all good but if you dont find the glow disc SOON enough it goes out plus gotta have a UV light to get the best glo. leds have the problem of "batttires" meaning always got to buy them and make sure you know which ones work.. go to a dollar store pay 2 dollars get 15 glow sticks AND a roll of clear packing tape .. problem solved !

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Yeah Joe, but you know that LEDs are WAAAAAAAYYYY freakin' cool

                        Sure, I keep a Glo Z Buzzz and a Superglow Warlock in the bag on glow night, but when you've got these babies in the bag, glowsticks dim in comparison. Granted, some of these setups are spendy to construct, but the 12V A23 batteries are surprisingly cheap.

                        This Stalker is now the NightStalker...12V flex LED strip facing into the rim


                        ...looks great from the edge


                        This is the UFO...a CryZtal Buzzz SS with a 12V flex edge-lit LED strip facing down


                        ...it lights up the ground as it flies towards the chains


                        This is a much simpler design to execute (provided you have a Dremel with a flex shaft). The holes are tapered so that the Thill lights are a press fit--tight enough to be able to turn them on and off without pulling them out. This design also adds the least amount of additional weight to this Nuke SS. Unfortunately, the lights are 3-4 bucks each so it costs $12 to light the disc, but with frugal use, they'll last for 2-3 glow nights


                        The lights are even bright enough to light up this dark red Champion APE


                        Lest we not forget the one that started it all...the tie-dye Z Avenger SS with the salvaged 6V rechargeable blinky LEDs. Still the best setup: one charge lasts for 3-4 glow nights of continuous use, super bright, durable, waterproof and sweet to watch sail towards #17


                        ...snapshots don't do it justice because it's so hard to catch the blinking colors (R, B, G, not just red and blue)...should shoot a video
                        "When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace." -- Jimi Hendrix

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Originally posted by Burge View Post
                          Yeah Joe, but you know that LEDs are WAAAAAAAYYYY freakin' cool

                          Sure, I keep a Glo Z Buzzz and a Superglow Warlock in the bag on glow night, but when you've got these babies in the bag, glowsticks dim in comparison. Granted, some of these setups are spendy to construct, but the 12V A23 batteries are surprisingly cheap.

                          This Stalker is now the NightStalker...12V flex LED strip facing into the rim


                          ...looks great from the edge


                          This is the UFO...a CryZtal Buzzz SS with a 12V flex edge-lit LED strip facing down


                          ...it lights up the ground as it flies towards the chains


                          This is a much simpler design to execute (provided you have a Dremel with a flex shaft). The holes are tapered so that the Thill lights are a press fit--tight enough to be able to turn them on and off without pulling them out. This design also adds the least amount of additional weight to this Nuke SS. Unfortunately, the lights are 3-4 bucks each so it costs $12 to light the disc, but with frugal use, they'll last for 2-3 glow nights


                          The lights are even bright enough to light up this dark red Champion APE


                          Lest we not forget the one that started it all...the tie-dye Z Avenger SS with the salvaged 6V rechargeable blinky LEDs. Still the best setup: one charge lasts for 3-4 glow nights of continuous use, super bright, durable, waterproof and sweet to watch sail towards #17


                          ...snapshots don't do it justice because it's so hard to catch the blinking colors (R, B, G, not just red and blue)...should shoot a video
                          Have you not noticed how understable your discs become with all that noise? I can adjust to a watch battery and LED, but the weight of a AA battery attached to a disc is unacceptable! C'mon now, how bright do you need it!!??!?

                          **EDIT***

                          I just got trolled, didn't I? I sure hope so...

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Actually, they become more stable as they get heavier. The Stalker goes straight as a bullet now and the Buzzz SS holds a nice line, but with less fade at the end--before they became part of the night stack, both of these were easy to turn over. Take note...that's not an AA battery...that would be way too heavy...that's a 12V A23 battery--about 2/3 the length of a AAA and the same diameter. Also, these discs are a dedicated glow night setup. Daytime rounds get a completely different stack in the bag. ...with a bunch of heavy mids, meaty drivers, and a putter that's the exact same weight and feel of the Superglow, so there's really no difference.
                            "When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace." -- Jimi Hendrix

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Originally posted by Burge View Post
                              Yeah Joe, but you know that LEDs are WAAAAAAAYYYY freakin' cool

                              Sure, I keep a Glo Z Buzzz and a Superglow Warlock in the bag on glow night, but when you've got these babies in the bag, glowsticks dim in comparison. Granted, some of these setups are spendy to construct, but the 12V A23 batteries are surprisingly cheap.

                              This Stalker is now the NightStalker...12V flex LED strip facing into the rim


                              ...looks great from the edge


                              This is the UFO...a CryZtal Buzzz SS with a 12V flex edge-lit LED strip facing down


                              ...it lights up the ground as it flies towards the chains


                              This is a much simpler design to execute (provided you have a Dremel with a flex shaft). The holes are tapered so that the Thill lights are a press fit--tight enough to be able to turn them on and off without pulling them out. This design also adds the least amount of additional weight to this Nuke SS. Unfortunately, the lights are 3-4 bucks each so it costs $12 to light the disc, but with frugal use, they'll last for 2-3 glow nights


                              The lights are even bright enough to light up this dark red Champion APE


                              Lest we not forget the one that started it all...the tie-dye Z Avenger SS with the salvaged 6V rechargeable blinky LEDs. Still the best setup: one charge lasts for 3-4 glow nights of continuous use, super bright, durable, waterproof and sweet to watch sail towards #17


                              ...snapshots don't do it justice because it's so hard to catch the blinking colors (R, B, G, not just red and blue)...should shoot a video
                              I'd like to see a video, maybee a brief how-to on how you made them too. Can we get some day shots with the lights off?

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                ok burge ... you can put BLINKY away ..besides arent you grounded ? (by the DOCTOR) STILL THE CHEAPEST WAY IS GLO STICKS ... but if you happen to have a DR FRANKINSTIEN(BURGE ) who can take a disc and make it look like ANYTHING burge has made THEN you dont need glow sticks .. just a blinky !!!

                                ALL OF THE ABOVE PICS are masterpiece`s of burge`s warped and twisted mind. BUT after a 30 day vacation BLINKY and his friends WILL be back at DOWNRIVER disc golf course playing in the weekly FRIDAY NIGHT GLOW FLIGHTS at downriver disc golf course .....

                                Comment

                                Announcement Announcement Module
                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X