X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Yoduh View Post
    Having large purses obviously makes players happy but it also legitimizes our sport imho.
    Having standardized and good lucking targets (or at least the same across a course) also legitimizes our sport.
    We're at our best when it's from our hips

Comment

Not to mention the fact the majority of the CFR's will be sold to amateur players...
      I bought 2 Archons, and was glad to see the profits go to something productive, instead of donating to the pro purse.
      Don't just walk past that candy wrapper on the fairway-- I know you saw it!

Comment

Originally posted by Ol' Bob View Post
        But no tilde in "Piņata" is unforgivable. It's bad for the disc golfer image.
        Oh Bob, you're so diacritical
        Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man. - The Dude, 1998.

Comment

Originally posted by Yoduh View Post
          Ok so its obvious that I read the article wrong. If 36 baskets were fixed/replaced it would have been a large chunk of change. My bad. I don't believe that it said anywhere in the article that you had no choice but to give money back to the course or Innova wouldn't have let you use the Archons. It said you decided that's what you wanted to do hence the article's name paying it forward. Thinking that you decided to donate a $10,000 to your course instead of putting it into the tourney maybe you could see why I was so miffed. Buying tourney discs that support a course that much does seem crazy right?
          Having large purses obviously makes players happy but it also legitimizes our sport imho. Anywho I apologize for any slight that volunteers and organizers may have felt from my comments. I didn't have the crusty's completely wiped from my eyes.
          I have played in every Fling except for the first one which I drove from Spokane and volunteered at. I also played in the riverbend open, the precursor to the Fling. I LOVE disc golf. The tourney you guys run is top notch. Usually you have $6-8K worth of cash added which is an astounding amount!! Many thanks to the wanderer, one of my favorite disc golfers. He has helped a bit with funds. I'm pretty familiar with the 9+ months spent organizing that event being friends with C-Bell and quite a few other staff. Please don't let my misguided comments stun everybody's efforts! Still hoping I get in.
          Right on. Glad we cleared all of this up! And yes, we're still aiming to have a sweet payout, for both Pros AND Ams.
          "You won't like me when I am angry, because I always back up my rage with facts and documented sources". - The Credible Hulk

Comment

Originally posted by D.L. View Post
            Oh Bob, you're so diacritical
            I feel more palandromic.
            The Corporate Empire is NOT a Constitutional Republic...
            ...but it plays one on TV.

Comment

Since Jeremy is kinda slow in apologizing, for misunderstanding a fund-raising tactic and ranting about it, I'll offer up one in his behalf.
              As a former Team Stimp member, I've known Jeremy to act rashly, often, before understanding the facts of a situation, which ultimately led to his removal from the team.
              Right now, he seems to be unhappy with disc golf in general, as our local club can seem to do nothing right in his opinion, and rarely has anything positive to say about local goings on, in general. His displeasure has spilled over to the PDGA, your event, and pretty much everything he comments on.
              Anyway, few, if any of us in Spokane, will agree with his assessment of your use of your fundraising efforts and I'm sorry this even came up.
              Jeremy, step up and apologize, would you?

Comment

Originally posted by Stimpi View Post
                Since Jeremy is kinda slow in apologizing, for misunderstanding a fund-raising tactic and ranting about it, I'll offer up one in his behalf.
                As a former Team Stimp member, I've known Jeremy to act rashly, often, before understanding the facts of a situation, which ultimately led to his removal from the team.
                Right now, he seems to be unhappy with disc golf in general, as our local club can seem to do nothing right in his opinion, and rarely has anything positive to say about local goings on, in general. His displeasure has spilled over to the PDGA, your event, and pretty much everything he comments on.
                Anyway, few, if any of us in Spokane, will agree with his assessment of your use of your fundraising efforts and I'm sorry this even came up.
                Steve, I understand completely.

Still, I considered his last post to be just that, an apology... of sorts. Personally, I consider this issue to be over and done with, and I won't be harboring any grudges regarding it.
                "You won't like me when I am angry, because I always back up my rage with facts and documented sources". - The Credible Hulk

Comment

Please check the remainder of the thread. I thought his last post was an excellent appology.

Comment

Skimpi has said it all here. The facts about a Skimpi ridge sponsor was that there was no real sponsorship. If apologizing the same day you wrote your post is late, I apologize again. Some people have to work. Stimp read the posts before you post, and try to find a way to take out your passive aggressiveness on some one else.
                    Relax and enjoy your hair
                    TNT Yardworks.com

Comment

Whoops. Remedial reading skills hampered.

Originally posted by Bullseye View Post
                      Steve, I understand completely.

Still, I considered his last post to be just that, an apology... of sorts. Personally, I consider this issue to be over and done with, and I won't be harboring any grudges regarding it.
                      Somehow in reading this thread, I missed his post of apology. Sorry Jeremy. He did step up and apologize without my prompting.
                      My turn to put my foot in my mouth.
                      Apparently everyone gets it now so I'll shut up.

Comment

this is where we need a foot in mouth smile face

Comment

Any more of those Archons available in PDX?
                          FORE! Youth 2011 http://www.discgolfscene.com/tournam...RE_Youth_2011/

Comment

Originally posted by Rakoz View Post
                            Any more of those Archons available in PDX?
                            I have four yellow ones left. If that's not the last of them it's very close. I'll have them at Orchard Park before and after Tuesday Twos this week.

I'll also have some Champ glow fundraiser discs, incolor Rocs, and patches.

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                            Collapse
                            No announcement yet.
                            Working...
                            X