X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where to find leagues? For a newbie

Hello all! I am hoping you can help me out. I am looking for a league for me and 3 others to join but I am having a hard time finding a localized list of them. I know there is a section on here for leagues but it seems to be more for leagues that are already going. Is there a site that has a list of the leagues in the area (Portland/Vancouver) and when they start? Also are there team leagues? I see that there are doubles but it looks like they are all random. Any advice would be appreciated. 3 of us are pretty new while my sister has been playing for quite a while but not active for a while.

Thank you,
    Donovan
    Last edited by DonovanJM; April 22nd, 2011, 01:22 PM. Reason: submitted in error

Originally posted by DonovanJM View Post
    Hello all! I am hoping you can help me out. I am looking for a league for me and 3 others to join but I am having a hard time finding a localized list of them. I know there is a section on here for leagues but it seems to be more for leagues that are already going. Is there a site that has a list of the leagues in the area (Portland/Vancouver) and when they start? Also are there team leagues? I see that there are doubles but it looks like they are all random. Any advice would be appreciated. 3 of us are pretty new while my sister has been playing for quite a while but not active for a while.

Thank you,
    Donovan
    You'll find all event information, inluding weeklies, on the calendar.

Comment

I agree. We need a place for this information. I nominate Gawain...
      ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
      ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

Wow, it seems like this entire week has just been exciting calendar cameos, perhaps we should change the link up there to feature bright shiny colors and big bold arrows so that no one could miss it.
        PDGA: #32726 rating: 930 StumptownDG: #31, Trojan Nation: Tag# 06
        dgcoursereview.com profile: http://www.dgcoursereview.com/profile.php?id=376

Comment

Originally posted by Joshua Olmsted View Post
          Wow, it seems like this entire week has just been exciting calendar cameos, perhaps we should change the link up there to feature bright shiny colors and big bold arrows so that no one could miss it.
          Yes, because the large fonted word "CALENDAR" is just too damn subtle.

Comment

talk about subtle

Originally posted by Scott View Post
            Yes, because the large fonted word "CALENDAR" is just too damn subtle.
            At least you're not being too damn subtle about welcoming the newcomers bud.
            Might as well let them know early that there are a bunch of smart ass peeps around here.

I can remember the days when someone would've been all over this making sure this fella found the disc golf scene.
            Sorta sad really.

Good luck Donovan!
            He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
            - Anonymous

Comment

Welcome to the forum.

There are a couple of leagues that take place in the nw. There is one in the Portland area, and I run one in western WA. Both of these leagues are fairly private, by private, i mean they are run by individuals, not like softball leagues that are ran by the parks depts. The league I run is watdg (Washington team disc golf). Watdg is currently at capacity, but I'm hoping to add two more teams next season. You can check out the watdg thread under Washington events on this forum to find more info.
              A bad day on the golf course is better than a good day at work!

Comment

I prefer Disc Golf Scene

Comment

Originally posted by Flatroc View Post
                  At least you're not being too damn subtle about welcoming the newcomers bud.
                  Might as well let them know early that there are a bunch of smart ass peeps around here.

I can remember the days when someone would've been all over this making sure this fella found the disc golf scene.
                  Sorta sad really.

Good luck Donovan!
                  Try to follow along. My response was to Josh, not the original poster. Josh mentioned somewhat sarcastically that the calendar should be more prominently displayed. In reply, I also used sarcasm to convey my message that the current link was just fine. I would think that would be apparent.

Comment

Didn't think my post would spark any feelings, tough crowd, I'm a bit grumpy working on a final paper. I apologize. Donovan, I hope you don't take it personally. Yes the team leagues are generally hard to get into, I'd always recommend going out and trying some of the random doubles series', they're all generally inexpensive and very relaxed and welcoming. Tuesday Twos at Orchard and Thursday Doubles at Dabney are two of my favorites.
                    PDGA: #32726 rating: 930 StumptownDG: #31, Trojan Nation: Tag# 06
                    dgcoursereview.com profile: http://www.dgcoursereview.com/profile.php?id=376

Comment

Thanks for pointing the calender out to me. I didn't even think about it. Most sites don't utilize them. I'll take a look. Sorry about the slow reply I thought I had my account setup for email notifications but I must have missed it.
                      Thanks,
                      Donovan

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                      Collapse
                      No announcement yet.
                      Working...
                      X