R.I.P.: a thread to lament the loss of the best disc you ever had in your bag Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• R.I.P.: a thread to lament the loss of the best disc you ever had in your bag

I've lost some great discs in my time but nothing hurts more than my trusty first run super soft wizard. (If anybody has one of these I would pay good money for it). No single disc (although a comet I once had came close) has done more for my game than that red wizard. The really annoying thing was how I lost it. I had just finished a nice round at De La Veaga and went to the beach with my girlfriend, who, on exiting the car grabbed the putter to play catch with. And somewhere on that beach is the final resting place. Damn, damn, damn...............

Dump her. She has no respect for great plastic.
    We're at our best when it's from our hips

Comment

For me, my harshest lost was certainly my first tournament disc ever, my yellow dx orc. I got it at the 2005 Hab/Rec, where I proudly took DFL with roughly bogey golf for the weekend. After throwing it until there were chunks hanging off it I finally took it out of the bag in 2007 when I began to save my discs with sentimental value. Then, about a year later I was about to go and throw Horning's for the very first time I and realized that I didn't have a single understable disc in my bag that day, so I grabbed my orc off the wall telling myself that I'd go buy another flippy disc the next day. I lost it on the second hole, playing a solo round, after a good 20 minutes of searching. Sad, sad, day.
      PDGA: #32726 rating: 930 StumptownDG: #31, Trojan Nation: Tag# 06
      dgcoursereview.com profile: http://www.dgcoursereview.com/profile.php?id=376

Comment

There are two that I think back on...

My first firebird ever... had a buck dye job of flames on it... I lost it for about 3 years and then got it back when a guy I was playing with in a casual round pulled it out of his bag. After that I had a real nice renaissance period with that beauty... can't remember where I lost it...

The other was the first mid-range I ever learned how to throw well... It was a Champ Cobra, green with trees dyed on it... I was playing by my self one day at Dexter and realized after a few hours that I didn't have it anymore... I dropped my bag off at the car and searched for probably an hour... no luck... I still watch when strangers throw at Dexter to see if it's my old Cobra...

Comment

I was pretty bummed when I lost my first disc that I ever bought. It was a dyed champion sidewinder. We were playing doubles and my partner aced the hole but I wanted to throw it for fun anyways. Of course I lost it. It wasn't my favorite, best flying or most expensive disc ever but it would be cool to still have my first disc ever.
          A par is not a bogey.

Comment

hmmm the most memorable losses came at Dabney alway's at Thurs. Dub's..... a 1999 Super Eagle from Stilly Open that was an early CE blend and had my 1st dye job. Drive on #1 it vanished into the blackberries below the #2 tee.

The next loss was a Battle Roc that hit a tree right off the #2 box and appeared to float back to the walkout going down the left side....multiple witnesses to both losses and neither was found....after many hrs of searching both days and after the fact....i spent over 8 hrs looking for that BR over the next 2 days with machetes...always marked and yet never to come back....

and two 2nd run Yellow EL's on #10 over the edge.....
            "In Discatarianism We Trust"

:cheers:

:cool:sigpic

Comment

oh yea the 10 year old Putter that i lost at Trojan in TDG this past year......
              "In Discatarianism We Trust"

:cheers:

:cool:sigpic

Comment

I let the mower slip under the edge of a sword fern and out shot the DX Wraith that was the disc I had gotten the longest drive of my life with. (The tailwind drive I just told about in the WR thread.) It fired out of the mower chute with a hole chopped in the plate. I had tried a back door turnover second drive on Hole Two and spaced out picking it up. I didn't remember it was there until I killed it.
                The Corporate Empire is NOT a Constitutional Republic...
                ...but it plays one on TV.

Comment

Recently I have lost 4 of the most precious discs to me.. Only 2 were really tough to deal with. First Run Echo Xcaliber. and 11x KC Pro ROC. Both lost/left behind at Seatac
                  "Remember boys this ain't therapy"-Jub.
                  PDGA # 42821
                  Push-ups owed to: thebakedone 1,856.

Comment

My worst loss is a draw between two First Run Forces. Both died the same death on the same hole one week apart from each other.

They were perfectly beat to the point that if I wanted them to stay right, they would. Unfortunately, Downriver hole 9 is not the hole you want to stay right on. One of them hit a branch by old 6's pin position and shot to the right never to be seen again. The other was hanging over the river off a branch. My stupid friend went to step out and get, knocked it into the river and it floated away.

Now I've not had a beat Force like either one of those two. Makes me sad still.
                    "Honest work is for the downtrodden and the Polish"
                    Cleveland Brown

Comment

The two I miss the most are

a) Star Destroyer with a Pink Floyd Darkside of the moon dye. It was honestly one of the best Floyd dyes I had seen. Lost it over a fence and likely someone has it and will never return it.

b) FLX Surge lost in the brush and never to be found. It was awesome and treated me well.

I have the worst luck with returned discs. I think some are likely in the bags of people I know. I know there are probably more people who know to call a number that don't than people would like to admit. Sad but such is human nature and that almighty sense of entitlement.
                      "Love is not primarily a relationship to a specific person. Love is an attitude, an ordination of character which determines the relatedness of the person to the whole world as a whole, not toward one object of love.

Comment

This loss hurt bad.
                        Click here

Challenge disc golf

Comment

fountain hills has a few of my babies... damn that doo doo pond...

Comment

An XL at hole 7 @ Pier Park, 1 of 2 discs a friend gave me that started me playing this sport. Beat to hell but I knew how it would fly...

Comment

I lost my 'money' CE Valk in some tall grass at Champoeg DGC several years ago. My buddies helped me look for about 20-30 minutes, as it was my favorite disc. After that, I looked for it another hour and a half or so while they finished out the round... it was one of the first few holes.

While there have been several others along the way, my blue CE Leopard is definitely the other one that sticks out... I've never been able to truly replace it.
                              Don't just walk past that candy wrapper on the fairway-- I know you saw it!

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X