X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What kind of disc?
    Sometimes my mind boggles. It's so deep my mind actually boggles.

~ Cyndi Lauper ~

Comment

Originally posted by runnaman View Post
      World Record. Congrats Dion.
      Hear, hear!
      The Corporate Empire is NOT a Constitutional Republic...
      ...but it plays one on TV.

Comment

Cool...

I think it's funny that people always ask 2 questions about such things:

1) Really?

and

2) What disc?
        FORE! Youth 2011 http://www.discgolfscene.com/tournam...RE_Youth_2011/

Comment

Lol I wonder what Innova is going to do about the 10,000 dollar bounty on the distance record since it was broken by a Discraft player! Go Dion!
          "Honest work is for the downtrodden and the Polish"
          Cleveland Brown

Comment

Z Nuke and he hit a building.
            Support Disc Golf Tournament Solutions on Facebook

DG Tournament Solutions Webpage

Comment

I threw a Discraft Flash like 1500 ft once... kinda:

It was on the OR coast... through it out into a huge wind on a firm sandy beach. 300 ft hyzer shot that a 50 mph wind picked up and rolled down the beach several hundred yards. I chased after it with sand stinging my legs. Every time it almost tipped over the wind picked it back up and kept it rolling.
              Don't just walk past that candy wrapper on the fairway-- I know you saw it!

Comment

From his Facebook: "Super winds and slightly downhill, it hit a building, lol. McBeth threw 840."

How flat does it have to be to be a world record? I know the lake beds are pretty flat, so does this actually count as a new world record?

Elaine King has hit chains on a hole over 800' with a midrange before.
                We're at our best when it's from our hips

Comment

Originally posted by Parks View Post
                  From his Facebook: "Super winds and slightly downhill, it hit a building, lol. McBeth threw 840."

How flat does it have to be to be a world record? I know the lake beds are pretty flat, so does this actually count as a new world record?

Elaine King has hit chains on a hole over 800' with a midrange before.

No it wont count as a "Official World Record". But DAMN that is a HUGE throw.

Im feeling a bit too lazy to look up the exact info BUT I think it is something like MAX of 4" of deviation from throwing to landing area. (up hill is fine)
                  This is another reason WHY they do "Big D' on a dry lake bed. There is a natural leveling of the throwing surface.

Also the $10,000 bounty by Innova was ONLY at Big D AND only if set throwing an Innova Disc.
                  I believe Discraft ALSO has a bounty for the World Record throw...not sure of the criteria.

Comment

Originally posted by Ol' Bob View Post
                    Anyone care to discuss how difficult it is to get the technique right for a distance throw in a big tailwind? You must have a big arm, and more.
                    From http://www.discgolfreview.com/resour...html#checklist

"By Chris Max Voigt Sunday, April 08, 2001 - 08:21 pm:
                    Another thing that you can ask anybody who has practiced distance for a longer time is the fact that the best wind for a righty is over his left shoulder (and over the right shoulder for lefties). only then the wind can really get under the disc. for ideal conditions you don't want a wind from 90 degrees from the left side or directly from behind.
                    The stronger the wind gets the further you can throw a disc, but it is getting harder to get that perfect throw out there. my experience is that the "hit or miss situation" in high winds is double ! ... One tip i would like to give for those of you who go out there to practice distance throws: try to have the wind blowing over your left shoulder and then throw slightly out of it to the left with your anhyzer, so the disc will only get into the "wind-channel" after one third to half of the estimated flight distance, because only then when the disc slows down and starts gliding you need the winds help and only then the wind really affects the disc's flight !--otherwise your anhyzer sails out of the wind and you are loosing a lot !"
                    We're at our best when it's from our hips

Comment

dang that building....

Comment

Originally posted by Rakoz View Post
                        I think it's funny that people always ask 2 questions about such things:

1) Really?

and

2) What disc?
                        What else matters?

I suppose we could ask what Dion had for breakfast, or if he avoided masturbation for a week beforehand.

What brand of undies were you wearing, Mr. The Whip?
                        The only thing miraculous about ICP is the fact that their children look like them...

Comment

Originally posted by ChUcK View Post
                          What else matters?

I suppose we could ask what Dion had for breakfast, or if he avoided masturbation for a week beforehand.

What brand of undies were you wearing, Mr. The Whip?
                          I think you're missing the point Chuck- we need to know his religious affiliation so we can begin worshiping the One True god that would grant such a boon. Sheesh.

Comment

Does the Innova God pay better?
                            The Corporate Empire is NOT a Constitutional Republic...
                            ...but it plays one on TV.

Comment

Interesting to read this after being away all weekend... on the same day that a guy would have set the world record in the marathon if not for the wind at his back negating the record.
                              ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
                              ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

Hey Y'all

Finally back with my computor after a week in Emporia.

To clear up any rumors in the air and fill y'all in on the details of the event let me first start by saying that while yes, it was a huge throw, it in no way counts as an official world record nor will I be recieving compensation for the throw in any way. Its just a fun story to tell people and I suppose I could start saying my longest recorded throw is 843'. I threw a Z Nuke on a bit of a hyzer, it flipped pretty quick, got pushed a few hundred feet and as it flexed out it got picked up again and drifted into a shed. Pretty wacky throw. Perhaps even more impressive was the accuracy contest that was happening simultaneously. They had a string running down the field in line with the teepad, the rules were to throw as far as possible and be nearest the line (they would subtract how far away you were from the line to get your accuracy distance). I threw two X step flat hyzers with the Force and got pretty far and pretty near the line. My third and final throw I decided to go for it. 360'd a Force about 700' and was about two feet from the line. Sadly, as I was the first competitor to throw, no one else tried after me and they didnt actually measure my shot. But it was a smash

I won the distance competition with a throw of 228 yds on a ball golf course on a elevated tee. Beat McBeth, Ulibari and Bratten, three of the biggest arms in the game today. $250 extra for the whip, and already qualified for the distance finals next year.

Good times,
                                D
                                Team DISCRAFT
                                NW Sign Up
                                Gorilla Boy
                                Paragon Disc Golf
                                Odwalla

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...