Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And I thought the open ended Richter Scale was bad.
    The Corporate Empire is NOT a Constitutional Republic...
    ...but it plays one on TV.

Comment

got a 10pp on that safari hole 16 at the OSDGC at Trojan last year in the 3rd round. An 8 would have tied me for 2nd, anything better than a 8 was solid 2nd place... bah...

Comment

I was watching on TV when Na hit the skids. His big error was not taking a second unplayable and returning to the tee. Once he hit one while in the woods he was stuck there. He did get hit by one of his own shots for a penalty, and also whiffed one. He had to do some video reviewing when he got done with the round and pointed out the whiff, so the total was upped from a 15 to 16 when he clarified things. I think that hazard should have been marked differently (as a lateral hazard) which would allow for more options.

On the positive side, he's no longer known primarily for his slow play.
        Joe Wander
        Producer and Editor
        Disc Golf Live video magazine
        www.discgolflive.com
        Bringing DG to TV, one community at a time

Comment

Originally posted by Disc Golf Live View Post
          I was watching on TV when Na hit the skids. His big error was not taking a second unplayable and returning to the tee. Once he hit one while in the woods he was stuck there. He did get hit by one of his own shots for a penalty, and also whiffed one. He had to do some video reviewing when he got done with the round and pointed out the whiff, so the total was upped from a 15 to 16 when he clarified things. I think that hazard should have been marked differently (as a lateral hazard) which would allow for more options.

On the positive side, he's no longer known primarily for his slow play.
          Yeah, that hole was just ridiculous to see. I was wondering why he didn't take his second unplayable. Perhaps he was unclear of the rules. It did seem that way when he was talking to the officials. Perhaps stick golf has the same issue with pro's as disc golf with people not understanding the rules in the correct way.
          "Honest work is for the downtrodden and the Polish"
          Cleveland Brown

Comment

I went from 1st place to 6th place on hole #1 at the Ice Bowl this year on Lunchtime! Threw a star crow and watched it anhyzer out of bounds in the bushs on the right. Took my drop 30ft in front of the pad and watched my rhyno clip the curb in the parking lot and land OB again. Took my drop and watched my 4 year old SSS wizard stand up on end and roll all the way down past short tee #2 after landing directly under the basket. Went for it and the SSS wizard bounced off the basket and rolled back down again. It was horrifying. Ended up with an 8. Fight back to 4th or 5th place but I think I was 1 or 2 up on the rest of the pack at the time.

If you don't know me, by the way, I live about 200ft away from #4 long at lunchtime. I play there almost daily in the summer. I can count the number of times I went OB on #1 before that day on one hand. Since that day I need all my fingers and toes to do so...
            FORE! Youth 2011 http://www.discgolfscene.com/tournam...RE_Youth_2011/

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
            Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X