X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Washington State Series History Info?

For big multi-year trophy purposes, I’m trying to figure out the divisional winners in the Washington State Series from its beginning thru 2005.

I started playing in the series in 2006, so my knowledge of which events where in the series during these early years is cloudy. I hear about events that were in the series, but I’m personally not sure about any of them right now. If I know the events and if these events were sanctioned, I can start putting the pieces together, as long as, someone out there knows what the qualifying requirements were for those years.

Anyway, here is what I’m looking for:

What year did the Washington State Series begin? I know it started as part of the Northwest Series, but then as the sport grew, it became independent.

Who coordinated the series and what years did they coordinate? I know Scott Papa & Jason Coke worked on it. I know Ray Antoon coordinated it until early 2009, but I’m not sure what year he started. I know Paul Wright finished up 2009. I want to say Ed Munoz may have also been part of it.

Who were the divisional winners for the series?

What events were in the series each year?

Mike Rideout
    WSS Coordinator 2010 & 2011
    Last edited by Rideout; April 14th, 2011, 05:36 PM.
    WA ST Approved PDGA Schedule

4DiscGolf - a tournament directors best friend!!!

Tournament Directors - register your event HERE

Hey Mike,

You started playing in the Wa series in 2005. That was the year that we battled it out in Intermediate. I moved up to Advanced after that and haven't won a trophy since.

Sam

Comment

Man, I need more help with this than I thought. sheesh

Thanks Sam

Comment

WSS Series

I am going by memory but I think I am correct. The Washington State Series started in 2001, it was not part of the Northwest series, it spawned from it. The events have varied over the years but the traditional ones circa 2001-2005 were The Windy River Open, The Riverside Open, The Steily Summer Classic which I think changed to the Spring classic at some point, the Terrace Creek Open, and The Lakewood Open. The Downriver Open came in around 2002. I have more info somewhere at least on what events were included I will try to drum it up. I think Ray cooridnated the series most of the years he was running tourneys

~Chris

Comment

Thanks Chris, this a great start and I look forward to reading what other info you might be able to drum up.

Mike

Comment

WSS Series

Hey Mike, I attached some photos I have of the series discs I have for 2001-2004. As far as division champions go the only one I remember with distinctly was Scott Papa in open for 2001.

Hope that helps a little.

Chris

Comment

Very nice, that actually helps a lot. Seeing all the events that were in the series for those years allows me to look up all those events and see who has won.

Do you happen to remember how many events were needed to qualify in those years?

I was talking to BMOB yesturday and he was saying that there was a Washington State Series before there was a Northwest Series. Sometime in the mid-90's the WSS grew to become the Northwest series and then in 2001 Scott Papa brought back the WSS. Does this sound familiar to anyone?

Mike

Comment

Hey Ed (Double Dees), BMOB was saying that it might have been your dad that was running a Washington State Series before the Northwest Series developed. Does this sound right to you?

Mike

Comment

I remember playing in the NW Series(early 90's through mid 90's). Not sure about the WSS.

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                  Collapse
                  No announcement yet.
                  Working...
                  X