Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I recently played several courses in Florida and saw many gators on the courses and in the ponds. So I agree~keep it...

Comment

I got to live around a friend's "pet" alligator, from the time Grits Gator was 28 inches, until he was 54 inches. The amount of girth he put on with that 24 inches of length was considerable. I'd seen him jump from his plastic kiddie pool to the back of the couch, looking more like a lightning bolt. During that time, he'd bitten a couple of drunks who thought they'd give him a little pat on the head. Oh, snap! (I think that's the word.)

When he'd reached four and a half feet, it was clear my friend had to give him up, saying, "Alligators don't need, or want, friends. They know that someday they are going to be big enough to eat you, and they are very patient."

It took two people to tie up Grits for his move to the Woodland Park Zoo. That was over forty years ago. I think about Grits from time to time. Anyone know if the boy's still there, and how big he is now? He'd be in the prime of his life by now.
      Last edited by Ol' Bob; April 16th, 2011, 08:46 AM.
      The Corporate Empire is NOT a Constitutional Republic...
      ...but it plays one on TV.

Comment

Ol' Bob I live about a mile from Woodland and I will find out about Ol' Grits for you next time I go...

Comment

I'd have to know that Team America would come through. Thank you.
          The Corporate Empire is NOT a Constitutional Republic...
          ...but it plays one on TV.

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
          Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X