Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I really like capping... It makes for more evenly distributed fields(nice when everyone has a good number of people to play against) , encourages players to try pro (usually the last division to fill), and makes course distribution make sense. I have been especially impressed with the recent lottery systems employed by the 3PO and the Fling... seems like the best solution to the sign up races that we had last year.
    The truth is that more is not better... I've played in a few events with too many ghost groups and stuff like that and slow golf can suck the fun right out of an event. I would love to see more 3 per tee pad events and more pro only and am only events on the schedule...

Comment

There are pros and cons to capping.

There are probably about 150 advanced players that didn't get into the BSF who aren't really big on the idea.

On the other hand, there's a ton of women and crusties who are pretty damn thankful.

Comment

You could also cap a female trophy only division at two players and call it 2girls1cup.
        We're at our best when it's from our hips

Comment

Originally posted by Parks View Post
          You could also cap a female trophy only division at two players and call it 2girls1cup.
          Yeah but would the cup be filled with chocolate ice cream?
          "Honest work is for the downtrodden and the Polish"
          Cleveland Brown

Comment

That would be a nice touch.

My alternate name for a tournament with only two female players or maybe a women's only doubles tournament would be 2girls1flinger.
            We're at our best when it's from our hips

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
            Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X