• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1025 game

I stumbled across this while "working"

1025 game
    Click here

Challenge disc golf

I like it... might install some bricks in the ground around our practice green and keep some score cards in our kiosk to make playing easy to do while waiting for the slacker who said they'd meet you 15 minutes ago to play a round.

Paint distances on the bricks and put in three for each distance...I like it.
    sigpic

Comment

Here, I did the math:

Code:
      6x	10	+5	+5	+10=	  80
      6x	15	+5	+5	+15=	 115
      6x	20	+5	+5	+20=	 150
      6x	25	+5	+5	+25=	 185
      6x	30	+10	+10	+30=	 230
      6x	35	+10	+10	+35=	+265
      -----------------------------------------------------
      Why must my brain always do that to me? Did I not BELIEVE it would add to 1025? Arggghhhh!!!!!!
      Ratings-based divisions: disc golf's inevitable future.
      Disc Golf Calendar: www.NWDiscGolf.info, or click CALENDAR at top of page
      Submit Event to Calendar: treelove@nwdiscgolf.info
      Team Disc Golf: http://www.teamdiscgolf.com
      Bitchin' URL: http://www.nwdiscgolf.com

Comment

Here is one for you brain how could you tweak scoring to arrive at a better number i.e. 1000 or 1080 or even 1010.

I just don't understand 1025 am I missing something about that number... and why is the number so high? if we divide everything by 5 we get numbers a little easier to deal with without devaluing any of them. Now the game is called 205. Take away the inconsistent jump to 10/2 bonus points for first and last and you have 201, thats a number I can deal with. Reminds me of 301 for darts or any number of games that end with the number 1. Games to 11, 21, 101 there is an inherent familiarity there. You get a point per foot, per put, plus bonuses and with the predictable increase in total points means you could probably remember how to play this without the scorecard in front of you.

6x 2 +1 +1 +2= 16
        6x 3 +1 +1 +3= 23
        6x 4 +1 +1 +4= 30
        6x 5 +1 +1 +5= 37
        6X 6 +1 +1 +6= 44
        6x 7 +1 +1 +7= 51
        sigpic

Comment

a 1025 rating is cooler than a 205 rating. I will be playing 1025.
          Click here

Challenge disc golf

Comment

Post your high scores here?
            If for no other reason then to keep the thread going...
            After a horrendous outing at the Team Disc Golf finals, I may be playing this game nightly...
            Board Member of the West Sound Disc Golf Association
            Like us on Facebook! Facebook.com/WSDGA

Comment

Ah so is 1025 supposed to be a rating... Ok I could see that working I guess but if thats the case i'm going to need the scoring to workout to 900 rated player averaging 850 - 950 scores when they play. I am thinking though with all the emphasis on the 30 and 35 foot putts my average scores won't be anywhere near my rating. I guess the only way to know is to play and see.
              sigpic

Comment

855 for the first try. Missed one 20 footer, one 25 footer, and the last 35 footer. Did this at fenwick on lunch. Good game. Creates a bit of pressure during a putting session. Recomended for all.
                Last edited by REDFIVE; April 13th, 2011, 01:21 PM. Reason: corrected math
                Click here

Challenge disc golf

Comment

The should've made the first and last for 25' worth 10 each instead of 5 each. Then it'd be 1035, which also matches the distances played 10' to 35'

Comment

Ouch! First try was 305. Second was 545.

Comment

I think the scoring should reflect your rating better and I know Kenny is at least 100-200 rating points high than those scores. ;-)
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skookum View Post
                        Here is one for you brain how could you tweak scoring to arrive at a better number i.e. 1000 or 1080 or even 1010.

I just don't understand 1025 am I missing something about that number... and why is the number so high? if we divide everything by 5 we get numbers a little easier to deal with without devaluing any of them. Now the game is called 205. Take away the inconsistent jump to 10/2 bonus points for first and last and you have 201, thats a number I can deal with. Reminds me of 301 for darts or any number of games that end with the number 1. Games to 11, 21, 101 there is an inherent familiarity there. You get a point per foot, per put, plus bonuses and with the predictable increase in total points means you could probably remember how to play this without the scorecard in front of you.

6x 2 +1 +1 +2= 16
                        6x 3 +1 +1 +3= 23
                        6x 4 +1 +1 +4= 30
                        6x 5 +1 +1 +5= 37
                        6X 6 +1 +1 +6= 44
                        6x 7 +1 +1 +7= 51
                        I REALLY LIKE THIS!!!
                        If you were to use this scoring system and add 800 to your sub-total, the Final Score would reflect your ratings much better.
                        Scoring would start at 800, good round for a rec player.
                        Scoring would max out at 1001, Pro Level
                        I think this gives a decent range for most of our ratings...
                        If you missed any one putt your rating would drop 4-15 points... 2-15 points for each one after
                        Anyone else wiling to give this scoring a try?
                        Last edited by jshrack; April 14th, 2011, 10:47 PM.
                        When a ball dreams, it dreams it's a Frisbee.

Comment

hmmm It could be interesting to see how that works out a few times.
                          sigpic

Comment

From the couple rounds I tried (with the 800+subtotal scoring,) I think I will have to improve my putting in this game to match my PDGA rating.

I think this will push me to improve my putting to match the rating... which will improve my rating through better putting in rounds. So I will have to improve my putting more to match the better Rating and it starts again. It's like the most wonderful Catch 22 ever!
                            When a ball dreams, it dreams it's a Frisbee.

Comment

Originally posted by jshrack View Post
                              From the couple rounds I tried (with the 800+subtotal scoring,) I think I will have to improve my putting in this game to match my PDGA rating.

I think this will push me to improve my putting to match the rating... which will improve my rating through better putting in rounds. So I will have to improve my putting more to match the better Rating and it starts again. It's like the most wonderful Catch 22 ever!
                              This would also be an awesome side bet game. Get some friends out and play a round for a dollar buy in. Highest rating takes the pot.

This could be something done at weeklies even. Done before so people have a good chance of hitting putts during the actual event. Perhaps the SDGA should throw around this idea?
                              "Honest work is for the downtrodden and the Polish"
                              Cleveland Brown

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X