Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Four putters in my bag at present. They have different jobs, depending...
    The Corporate Empire is NOT a Constitutional Republic...
    ...but it plays one on TV.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott View Post
      The flow is made by Latitude 64
      And it's a mega-speed understable driver.
      Oregon disc golf map

Comment

Originally posted by emmarose View Post
        ... i love me my aviar, that's what i would recommend...

...anyway... sort of thread drift here a little since you were asking about the putters themselves and this is re: your whole grip thing... i know i myself have a different style grip for putting than for driving also it is different for upshots and approaches... i curl all my fingers under for a drive and for shorter shots and putts i have my index finger along the edge... i s'pose i believe it helps with my accuracy...

... also, you might just need to practice practice practice...

good luck!

i am the exact same way with my drives/putts and i was told a long,long time ago "1998" that the index finger acts like a brake and takes spin off the disc..thus making it easier to control or make go str8...not that i am any1 to be giving out advice...

"In Discatarianism We Trust"

:cheers:

:cool:sigpic

Comment

Finding a comfortable putter does make a world of difference. However, also knowing what type of putter you are and building the proper fundamentals can be even more helpful. Are you a push putter or a spin putter? Are you already pretty solid in the circle and looking to expand that, or are you missing a lot of puts within 25 feet? I would say if youíre not solid inside 25 ft. work there, and only there first. Know how to stand, how to grip the disc, and overall build a consistent putting style that will help you be successful time and time again.

I started with the Avair and liked it a lot. As I developed my putting style (mostly push putting) I found it to float on me too much. I then switched to the Pro D Challenger which was like putting a brick compared to the Avair. After a year or more of nose down, low putts, someone put a Pro D Banger in my hands. For me it worked and I still throw it today. With the putters before I was finding my thumb placement to be extremely inconsistent. The groove on top of the Banger solved that problem and helped me become more consistent. The funny thing is that Iíve heard the Banger is the last putter a push putter should ever use because it impedes a clean push release. However it works for me.

Here are two of the best putters in the world talking about putting. Some good information here; two different styles of putting, also info on stance and grip. No one way is the best. Play around, see whatís comfortable and most of all practice, practice, practice.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FtO3pwFesZ0

Comment

Get yourself a Supreme JuJu or a Blow Fly kid !

Comment

Find out if you putter is fading to fast or not fast enough. If it is going pretty straight but you seem to be hitting too high or too low then adjust on the weight of the putter. I agree with the other post in reference to the grip. When i have a driver i do curl all my fingers (except the pinky.......recently i found out it works a little better for me) and throw. For a midrange i curl just my first two fingers under the rim and fan the rest out for better control. Then for putting i put the index finger on the outside of the rim and fan the rest underneath.

Try different putters to find out if you like stiff or soft. Or if you like max weight or a little lighter. Or if you like more overstable compared to more understable. Or if you like to tuck the index finger underneath the rim or have it on the outside.

It is one the most detailed aspects of the game........its money!
              WHEN I GROW UP I WANT TO BE A SPIDER BITE.

Comment

Originally posted by SPIDER-DAN View Post
                Find out if you putter is fading to fast or not fast enough. If it is going pretty straight but you seem to be hitting too high or too low then adjust on the weight of the putter. I agree with the other post in reference to the grip. When i have a driver i do curl all my fingers (except the pinky.......recently i found out it works a little better for me) and throw. For a midrange i curl just my first two fingers under the rim and fan the rest out for better control. Then for putting i put the index finger on the outside of the rim and fan the rest underneath.
                Thanks for the awesome advice!
                One generation plants the trees while another gets the shade.

Comment

Go with it...

Find something you love and then throw it till it stops working for you. I started with Candy Rhinos of all things. I got stronger and got a lot of bounce outs and rolls when I missed so I switched up to Warlocks for the past 2 years. Just pulled the last warlock out of my bag to make room for the Organic Wizard... I now carry the super stiff super grip Organic Wizard, a medium wear Super soft Wizard, and my "wet towel" Super Stupid Soft 4 year old wizard. During the same time I switched from strattle putting with lots of hyzer and float to squared up straight line putting with a one finger pinch and a finger on the rim. Odd.

Find a friend (or come out to lunchtime and I'll show you about 6 different putters) with a bunch and stick with the one that Feels best.
                  FORE! Youth 2011 http://www.discgolfscene.com/tournam...RE_Youth_2011/

Comment

Andy probably meant the Focus, which is indeed, quite stable.
                    Team DISCRAFT
                    NW Sign Up
                    Gorilla Boy
                    Paragon Disc Golf
                    Odwalla

Comment

Bingo

Comment

P.S. I banged a bunch more sweet putts with the Pure today... you all should check this disc out...

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                        Collapse
                        No announcement yet.
                        Working...
                        X