X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JMan View Post
    Jub has said time and time again that his tournements and their finances are conducted in the open, so why don't you just ask him. I'm sure he'd be more than happy to put those figures right here in this tread...jub? And come on, stop trying to stir up an old whorenets nest. We are not impressed or amused by your obvious dislike for Jub, but we are tired of it, from any quarter. Please, take it up with jub, and realize that the majority here believe it OK for a TD to be compensated for their time and effort...for god sakes man catch up or wait for the next bus to the corner of beata and dead horse...really, this is pathetic...
    jman your saying its ok for a td to make more than the event winner? I'm sorry i should of call you and got permission to voice my opinion on this disc golf site. There is a reason these TD's don't post this info before an event we would not play if we knew they were taking more money then the winner
    as far as pathetic, hope you are not allergic to hornets!
    Just because you think its ok does not mean i have to.
    We all should take better care in our courses

Comment

before any of you question why marks pissed why dont you go to the CSI forum and read the formula ive posted. It shows that 356% extra money was taken into the TDs pocket than allowed by PDGA standards. If i was stealing a disc out of everyones bag i played with would you let me play tournaments?

Comment

Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man. - The Dude, 1998.

Comment

Originally posted by DoubleDees View Post
          before any of you question why marks pissed why dont you go to the CSI forum and read the formula ive posted. It shows that 356% extra money was taken into the TDs pocket than allowed by PDGA standards. If i was stealing a disc out of everyones bag i played with would you let me play tournaments?
          That's a different discussion than most people's rebuttal on this thread. He said he doesn't believe TD's should get paid period, this is what I and most people on this thread disagree with. I don't know anything about Jub taking more money than he was supposed to but that is a different reason why people are upset in this thread.
          Sometimes my mind boggles. It's so deep my mind actually boggles.

~ Cyndi Lauper ~

Comment

If it was a PDGA event, his TD report will have to show the finances in regard to this and it should get flagged if it's out of line.

Comment

Not saying that, and jub and controversy go together like peas and carrots. I don't play many tourneys at all because I really hate the idea of paying 100 bucks to play a park I can play for free...I don't play DG to rate myself against my fellow golfers so why would I pay to play any tourney that promotes the idea that I am better than you because I shot better on that day...please. But should a TD get $ for their hard work...fuck yes...should it be more than the winner, I don't know, but isn't that between Jub and DF, unless you won then it would concern you. DF didn't look too pissed in the vid I saw. How is it you think TDs should not be compensated for all the work they put in, or is this really just your dislike of jub? Is this dislike new? If it's old then why the hell would you be playing in one of his events...that would be "two, shame on you." You are welcome to think that TDs should do this for free, that old hippy and DG thing, but I'll let you in on an old truth about the game, us old hippies who remember the beginning, and have been playing disc sports years before Steady Ed typing up the rules of this game would never have run a tourney without some type of compensation. Although it warms this old hippies heart to see some of the ideals still alive, it still speaks to a reality that likely will never been realized. Keep the faith my young hippy wanna-be, keep our drug affected dreams alive. But note, we would have done it without all the hate directed at jub...
              Peace
              educate your thinking

Comment

Originally posted by JMan View Post
                Not saying that, and jub and controversy go together like peas and carrots. I don't play many tourneys at all because I really hate the idea of paying 100 bucks to play a park I can play for free...I don't play DG to rate myself against my fellow golfers so why would I pay to play any tourney that promotes the idea that I am better than you because I shot better on that day...please. But should a TD get $ for their hard work...fuck yes...should it be more than the winner, I don't know, but isn't that between Jub and DF, unless you won then it would concern you. DF didn't look too pissed in the vid I saw. How is it you think TDs should not be compensated for all the work they put in, or is this really just your dislike of jub? Is this dislike new? If it's old then why the hell would you be playing in one of his events...that would be "two, shame on you." You are welcome to think that TDs should do this for free, that old hippy and DG thing, but I'll let you in on an old truth about the game, us old hippies who remember the beginning, and have been playing disc sports years before Steady Ed typing up the rules of this game would never have run a tourney without some type of compensation. Although it warms this old hippies heart to see some of the ideals still alive, it still speaks to a reality that likely will never been realized. Keep the faith my young hippy wanna-be, keep our drug affected dreams alive. But note, we would have done it without all the hate directed at jub...
                Peace
                this thread is for players that compete so take your non competing ass to another thread hippy

Comment

Originally posted by sillybizz View Post
                  That's a different discussion than most people's rebuttal on this thread. He said he doesn't believe TD's should get paid period, this is what I and most people on this thread disagree with. I don't know anything about Jub taking more money than he was supposed to but that is a different reason why people are upset in this thread.
                  no silly just stated the thread that way to get everyone in

Comment

Potential Sponsor: "You mean you are running this tournament without any compensation except for a few attaboys? You say the players demand that you break even? Gee, sounds like a real financial whizz-bang of an opportunity for my company. Here's a fistful of money for you."

yeah right.

I wish there were Tournament Directors who were able to make a comfortable living by doing nothing more than producing tournaments. Then we would be getting somewhere.
                    The only thing miraculous about ICP is the fact that their children look like them...

Comment

deleted. I cannot believe I logged in to post on this thread.
                      Last edited by ChUcK; March 31st, 2011, 04:31 PM. Reason: I wised up.
                      The only thing miraculous about ICP is the fact that their children look like them...

Comment

Alright, already It's pretty clear that at least a couple of the Open players panties are in wad. I say How does it feel to be treated like an Am Player same human, but treated like a lower class. Like it? It sure does not sound like it to me.

First of All The Winner is just fine with me taking $8 per player.
                        Second I though foolishly so that if paid some expenses but did not claim them I take a standard deduction to cover there costs as well as some of my own. My mistake you ungrateful bastards. So just to screw you one last time I am expenseing everything including the only taking the joke $100 for the C tier. and realize that I will and I know you will agree but because of a few players Opens Fields are not worth the headaches. A few ass hats ruined it for all of you. I will publish the finances's page of the CSI Open weekend

For all you bistanders get a good look because (unless you run an event) you will never see this again the TD's don't have the balls to do it.
                        rewindb.com

Comment

Originally posted by DoubleDees View Post
                          Well Standards are not rules(right?) they are more like encouraged guide lines. The PDGA sanctioning agreement does not specify any thing about TD compensation. There for Jub is completly with in his rights to take what ever percentage he deems fair. That being said I would think that any deviations from PDGA Standards in a PDGA event should be front loaded.

Ok I just checked on it and my statement is only true if Jub got a waiver from the PDGA or the event is not a "tour" event(But I think at least all A,B,C tiers are tour events.) Number one item on the sanctioning agreement:

"As the Tournament Director of record, I hereby accept the terms of the PDGA Tour Sanctioning Agreement and agree to the following points listed below.
                          Agree to follow and enforce the Official Rules of Disc Golf, Competition Manual, and Tour Standards. If any provision of these documents is unacceptable I shall contact the Tour Manager and request a waiver."

I never really noticed that Tour Standards was right at the top. The Tour Standards document seem fairly clear on subject of TD compensation.

I would like, if nothing else positive comes for this dialog, to at least have an understanding of if this was done correctly, or if Jub wanted to be compensate above the standard rate for a "C" tier should it have been done another way? I know a popular production company in Oregon that puts on amazing tournament as a team and take a $500 flat fee from the sponsorship pool that they themselves go out and gather. So they don't touch entrance fees for their compensation. This method feels fair to me and based on what I think I understand from the sanctioning agreement and Tour Standards is allowed.

I know folks are riled up about this and I am truly not trying to fan the flames but I feel like there is some good that can come from this conversation despite the occasional lack of decorum.
                          Last edited by Skookum; March 31st, 2011, 05:13 PM.
                          sigpic

Comment

the odds of getting hit by lightning are 2500000 to 1
                            the odds of td getting money dont know dont care
                            am I not going to go outside no more because I could get hit by lightning no
                            am I not going to play tournaments no more because TD gets money no
                            dude this is the oldest news every so last year people know that TD's get some money and some dont who cares ,if you dont like dont play!!!! plain and simple
                            PDGA # 31451
                            2 Mini Aces
                            75 Aces
                            PEOPLE WHO HELP ME LOTS IN DISC GOLF
                            DISC GOLF OR DIE
                            BOB CABAL
                            DISCVANGO
                            JEFF ELLIOT
                            G-MAN
                            JORDAN LEWIS
                            JEFF HAGERTY
                            JAMES GARCELON
                            SAM GIBSON

And always remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by those moments that take our breath away.

George Carlin

Comment

i think your cash odds are better chris if you have me on the card...eh? and play at Hornings...
                              love ya man,
                              j
                              educate your thinking

Comment

Originally posted by Discgolfingkilmers View Post
                                this thread is for players that compete so take your non competing ass to another thread hippy
                                Flagged.
                                Sometimes my mind boggles. It's so deep my mind actually boggles.

~ Cyndi Lauper ~

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X