Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Disc golf family advantage.

Originally posted by Sean Johnson View Post
    If I could have anyone's form, it would be Dave's without a doubt. The power that he generates with almost no effort is simply amazing. Guys like Nikko Locastro have a reputation for being big arms, but I've seen Dave outdrive him on tourney footage on many occasions. (Sure seems like they duked it out a lot last season; made for some great vids.) I'm not saying that Nikko doesn't have good form, but he seems to put substantially more effort in to his drives than Dave.
    I gotta say, some of those pics of Brody Miller really show 110% technique.

Comment

Originally posted by Sean Johnson View Post
      If I could have anyone's form, it would be Dave's without a doubt. The power that he generates with almost no effort is simply amazing. Guys like Nikko Locastro have a reputation for being big arms, but I've seen Dave outdrive him on tourney footage on many occasions. (Sure seems like they duked it out a lot last season; made for some great vids.) I'm not saying that Nikko doesn't have good form, but he seems to put substantially more effort in to his drives than Dave.
      I'd say the effort is comparable. Nikko simply is a more dynamic thrower. The top guys all have distance, the real difference is having the guts to use it on the course and pull it off. Nikko takes more risks on the course, and often times finds himself in better position. Also, he can find himself in worse position. Dave is solid, throws some big shots for sure, but all together isn't bombing on holes where you might see Nikko, Uli, McBeth and Will going for it. If you want to see smooth form and distance, watch Will Shusterick. He is pure silk off the tee, and still hitting 500 with no problem.

*Just to clarify - Dave can throw really far. But so can most of the pros. Not trying to diss Dave and his stellar technique.
      Last edited by RonTheWhip; April 2nd, 2011, 02:34 PM. Reason: Clarification.
      Team DISCRAFT
      NW Sign Up
      Gorilla Boy
      Paragon Disc Golf
      Odwalla

Comment

Originally posted by RonTheWhip View Post
        I'd say the effort is comparable. Nikko simply is a more dynamic thrower. The top guys all have distance, the real difference is having the guts to use it on the course and pull it off. Nikko takes more risks on the course, and often times finds himself in better position. Also, he can find himself in worse position. Dave is solid, throws some big shots for sure, but all together isn't bombing on holes where you might see Nikko, Uli, McBeth and Will going for it. If you want to see smooth form and distance, watch Will Shusterick. He is pure silk off the tee, and still hitting 500 with no problem.

*Just to clarify - Dave can throw really far. But so can most of the pros. Not trying to diss Dave and his stellar technique.
        So that begs the question, "Is it technique that helps these guys throw far? Or is it freakish genetic lottery winners? Or both?" just curious. If it is the technique, then can't that be taught and hopefully learned by mooks like me?
        Training to be a bagger

Comment

Thanks Eric you always seem to nail the feel of the day in your work.
          rewindb.com

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
          Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X