X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What are the best courses in the NW

Planning a road trip from Vancouver Island and want to play the best courses in the US Northwest.
    Like all kinds of course from tight wooded to wide open fairways...
    Any help would be greatly appreciated

You can find nice reviews of courses and find what you are looking for here: www.dgcoursereview.com

How far South are you going?

Courses I would recommend:

In and around Seattle - Lakewood King County Park, North Seatac Park, White River Disc Golf Course

In and around Portland - Pier Park, Horning's Hideout (3 courses!)
    , Dabney State Park, Milo Mciver Park

Salem, OR: Bryant Park, Keizer Rapids, Dallas City Park

More South: Adair Park, Dexter DGC, Whistler's Bend
    Sometimes my mind boggles. It's so deep my mind actually boggles.

~ Cyndi Lauper ~

Comment

There are tons of great courses around but what kind of course do you like the most? Do you prefer open fairways for long bombs or tight and technical wooded courses?
      If you're going to be crazy, you have to get paid for it or else you're going to be locked up. - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

West Sound near Bremerton also has a nice pair of courses in NAD/Fairgrounds. Otherwise, the above picks look like solid choices.
        'Weekend 4 Women':
        Saturday, June 30th - Sudoku Showdown II - FREE PDGA XC Tier
        Sunday, July 1st - Seattle SuperClassic - FREE PDGA XC Tier

Comment

Seatac and N.A.D. should be at the top of your list.

Comment

Steilly isn't a bad choice either. 2 courses on the same piece of land. Find someone to give you a tour. Sea tac for sure. Nad is rad.
            Click here

Challenge disc golf

Comment

SeaTac, Lakewood, Shelton Springs, Hornings Gold (if time all three + there is camping on site), Dexter, Milo, Pier, Whistlers (camping on site).
              "What's in the bag", pdga #37977, dgcr #356, **Team Chainbanger'z**

You are never really playing an opponent. You are playing yourself, your own highest standards, and when you reach your limits, that is real joy.
              -- Arthur Ashe

Comment

I'll throw in a hearty reccomendation for Fort Steilacoom, just make sure to find someone to show you around. As for Oregon, in the Portland area I'd recommend Milo, Pier and Horning's as the big three destinations, with a wild card of Trojan if you're feeling brave.
                PDGA: #32726 rating: 930 StumptownDG: #31, Trojan Nation: Tag# 06
                dgcoursereview.com profile: http://www.dgcoursereview.com/profile.php?id=376

Comment

In no order Milo, Whistler's, Trojan, Pier, Cougar Ridge, Mt. Shasta if we are counting the state of Jefferson. No Washington courses because I haven't played up there. I have been told about many great courses up there and will play some this summer.

Comment

NAD, Steli, Lakewood, SeaTac.

Eastern Washington: Downriver, Four Mounds and Highbridge

Oregon: All of them
                    "Honest work is for the downtrodden and the Polish"
                    Cleveland Brown

Comment

Bryant park in Albany is awesome, but will not be open till the flooding stops. Adair Village is great and allways open. Wistlers Bend is the best course in the North West. Hornings Hide Out is great too.

Comment

Thanks for the info....
                        Plan to go down the coast to the Oregon Cal border and then up the middle back to Canada
                        Camping most of the way so any sites that you know of that are worthy would also be appreciated
                        Really looking forward to playing some of them

Comment

Oh yeah, if you ever make it to Northern Idaho, play all three 18 holes at Faragut and Corbin Park before they ruin it again for the summer. Both places are epic and fun.
                          "Honest work is for the downtrodden and the Polish"
                          Cleveland Brown

Comment

Hornings????????
                            Milo Milo Milo and more Milo

Comment

Originally posted by van isle player View Post
                              Thanks for the info....
                              Plan to go down the coast to the Oregon Cal border and then up the middle back to Canada
                              Down the coast? I wouldn't recommend it if disc golf is the focus of this trip. There are only three 9-hole courses on the entire Oregon coast (two near Coos Bay, one in Astoria).
                              Oregon disc golf map

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X