X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by snap7times View Post
    Then update the pdga directory yourselves....
    Why do that if there is already a more well-designed resource available?? dgcoursereview for the win.
    PDGA: #32726 rating: 930 StumptownDG: #31, Trojan Nation: Tag# 06
    dgcoursereview.com profile: http://www.dgcoursereview.com/profile.php?id=376

Comment

Using the PDGA directory now a days is like still using AOL for your Internet Provider.
      Sometimes my mind boggles. It's so deep my mind actually boggles.

~ Cyndi Lauper ~

Comment

Then don't complain about something that is supposed to be updated by the locals

Comment

What's new in the Seattle area these days?

I visit my brother in Tacoma every few years and will be returning later this month for about a week. I am wondering if any new courses have gone in lately that are worth checking out. I've played Lakewood, Seatac, Dalaiwood, NAD Park, Fort Steilacoom, & Riverside Park in the past. I'd definitely go back to Seatac and NAD Park, but due to the completely assinine multiple layout system used at Steilacoom and Riverside, I won't return there unless my brother has a spare football helmet lying around in his garage which I could wear while playing the courses.

I definitely plan to get up to Crystal Mountain, and there is apparently a new course over in Kitsap County (Bud Pell @ Ross Farm) that is really good. Shelton Springs DGC looks worth the drive, would you agree?
          sigpic

Comment

Riverside has been pared down to 1 18 hole layout. Steilly is still Steilly but it's my home so i guess i"m good at ducking(though the main focus and of any maintenance has been pretty much dedicated to the NW and SE layouts). As for shelton do what ever you can to play that course! 2 great layouts(reds a bit shorter than black)

Comment

Originally posted by cefire View Post
              West Sound near Bremerton also has a nice pair of courses in NAD/Fairgrounds. Otherwise, the above picks look like solid choices.
              If you happen to be in the West Sound area don't miss the Bud Pell @ Ross Farm course just recently installed. 1st 2 holes have you throwing over 1700', so there is a good mix of technical and bomber holes.Plus the Kitsap Fairgrounds course is only 5 minutes away and NAD park about 20. All courses high on the fun factor! Hit Dalaiwood on your way out. You will go right by these if you are taking the Coho ferry from Victoria to Port Angeles. Yes, many other solid choices listed.
              Basket thieves

Comment

Lakewood has undergone a recent makeover which now includes water hazards, as well as really nice new tees.
                Park at the lower lot now, not the upper one, and stop into the kiosk right next to the playground for a map of the new layout.
                It's really quite enjoyable.

Comment

Originally posted by JR Stengele View Post
                  SeaTac, Lakewood, Shelton Springs, Hornings Gold (if time all three + there is camping on site), Dexter, Milo, Pier, Whistlers (camping on site).
                  That's my list pretty much.

Emphasis on Pier Park. It's a special course. Both Horning's and Milo are great as well. Dabney is fun but has been in pretty rough shape lately.

Comment

Thanks for the updates on Lakewood and Riverside. I would be up for revisiting Lakewood, which had some holes that I really liked, and then some holes which I thought were fairly egregious safety hazards.

I'll probably spend most of my time though out in Kitsap County at the new courses there. The last time I visited my brother, there was only one Tacoma Narrows bridge, it's been that long!
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by the_lung View Post
                      some holes which I thought were fairly egregious safety hazards.
                      Originally posted by the_lung View Post
                      I won't return there unless my brother has a spare football helmet lying around in his garage which I could wear while playing the courses.
                      Based on these two comments, you should definitely stop by North Park in Seattle on a nice warm weekend afternoon. A safe peaceful experience to say the least.

P.S. Go Steelers!

Muhahahahahahahahaha
                      Read this ^

Comment

Don't forget LL Stubb Stewart state park if your going to head towards Horning's off Hwy 26. It's more West, but well worth the trip.
                        PDGA# 49616
                        Stumptown# 353
                        OTDG: Young Guns - SAT

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                        Collapse
                        No announcement yet.
                        Working...
                        X