some video of my drives.. any pointers?? suggestions?? Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • some video of my drives.. any pointers?? suggestions??

    White River DGC,Hole 17 blue t-pad, deep pin placement
    Throwing a 2011 Asia Open C-line Discmania DD2 Frenzy, 171g
    Distance thrown=400ft

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m8aOv6qxiWQ

    White River, Hole 8 red t-pad, deep pin placement
    Throwing a Champion Groove, 171g
    Disctance thrown=330ft?
    Ya I got lucky with this shot...

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ct-VCqAC60I
    Last edited by Mikk; March 23rd, 2011, 10:48 PM. Reason: better video quality from youtube?
    Hukin since 1992
    DGOD #115

  • #2
    Well, I've noticed in your video's that you always seem to be looking at the target even during your back swing. I find this to be counter productive. If you look back at your disc when you perform your reach back, it pushes your shoulder even further, giving you a bigger whip and snap effect. I've also found that throwing back hand while looking at the target puts more stress on the core muscles for throwing. That can cause injuries and fatigue. Not something anybody wants to have happen during a money round. Besides that they looked good and long.
    "Honest work is for the downtrodden and the Polish"
    Cleveland Brown

    Comment


    • #3
      try keeping your left arm closer to your hip and body when your pulling the disc through the shot

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by General Scales View Post
        Well, I've noticed in your video's that you always seem to be looking at the target even during your back swing. I find this to be counter productive. If you look back at your disc when you perform your reach back, it pushes your shoulder even further, giving you a bigger whip and snap effect. I've also found that throwing back hand while looking at the target puts more stress on the core muscles for throwing. That can cause injuries and fatigue. Not something anybody wants to have happen during a money round. Besides that they looked good and long.
        This is something I have been messing with.
        I found that in my "Fundamentals" video, both Feldberg and Climo have a different perspective on this.
        I have a feeling it is more of a power vs. accuracy approach to the drive.
        Feldberg teaches the long reach back and turned heel...
        Climo seems to push people to keep their periphery on the target, lead the arm.
        I think it is a personal preference.
        When a ball dreams, it dreams it's a Frisbee.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Fancher_503 View Post
          try keeping your left arm closer to your hip and body when your pulling the disc through the shot
          I'm not shure when/why this started. I used to keep my arm tucked away but lately i have been doing the funky chicken thing??!!??
          Hukin since 1992
          DGOD #115

          Comment


          • #6
            Warning: Both of the things I'm going to suggest would take considerable practice to adjust... proceed with caution.

            #1) Work on staying more upright when you throw... especially on the shot from the tee pad you really are getting your body out over your lead leg. Being out of balance will decrease the speed and you rotate your hips and shoulders through and really hurt your consistency.

            #2) RELAX... you are really tugging on those shots... you don't need to. Work on slowing down a little, smoothing everything out and let the disc do the work... throw lighter plastic if you have too, but a repeatable shot can't be forced.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by DexterHawk View Post
              Warning: Both of the things I'm going to suggest would take considerable practice to adjust... proceed with caution.

              #1) Work on staying more upright when you throw... especially on the shot from the tee pad you really are getting your body out over your lead leg. Being out of balance will decrease the speed and you rotate your hips and shoulders through and really hurt your consistency.

              #2) RELAX... you are really tugging on those shots... you don't need to. Work on slowing down a little, smoothing everything out and let the disc do the work... throw lighter plastic if you have too, but a repeatable shot can't be forced.
              I am tugging a bit hard yes, however MOST of my plastic is 160g and less down to 149g, so I heave the heavy stuf! I do need to stand up a bit more, thats for certain.
              Goal for tomorrow: stay more upright, keep left arm more towards body.
              I'll work n those 2 things and see what I can get out of them!
              Hukin since 1992
              DGOD #115

              Comment


              • #8
                Also I re-tagged the video onto youtube for better play-back quality? Mabe better?
                Hukin since 1992
                DGOD #115

                Comment


                • #9
                  Here is Hole 17 red t-pad, short pin placement at White River DGC
                  I have posted this vid before, but now its on youtube..

                  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XRUEphdn3qM
                  Hukin since 1992
                  DGOD #115

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    I will say this...your disc is going exactly where your backswing is aiming. The longer shot did not matter because there was plenty of room to the right for the disc to work. In the shorter shot you had to get lucky for your shot to work out, but it went exactly where you were directing it to go.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      That last one looks like the best out of all of them. You looked a little smoother and controlled, with good rhythm on the walk up.

                      The only thing is it looks like you're just spinning all in one motion, so you don't ever let yourself generate power. All of that power should be generated right at the end when the disc is wanting to come out.
                      We're at our best when it's from our hips

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Mikk View Post
                        Here is Hole 17 red t-pad, short pin placement at White River DGC
                        I have posted this vid before, but now its on youtube..

                        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XRUEphdn3qM
                        WOW...night and day....if u noticed...in this video it took 1/2 the energy and movement to throw just as far if not father then that goofy ass run up u like to use

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Easy solution....Throw Wood Rocs! Oh yeah that's just me. Nice tosses Mikk.
                          Nihilists! F@#$ me. I mean, say what you like about the tenets of National Socialism, Dude, at least it's an ethos.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by mazza View Post
                            WOW...night and day....if u noticed...in this video it took 1/2 the energy and movement to throw just as far if not father then that goofy ass run up u like to use
                            Exactly what I was trying to say in my post. It's funny how many people put in these crazy 5 plus step run ups on the pad and put all that inertia into it. I noticed that the crazier my run up, the poopier my form. If I slow it down till I'm ready to swing my hips and pull my shoulder forward, I get remarkable distance. Great example of this style is Jesper Lundmark. He can bomb over four hundred feet and he never looks like he's trying to hurry. This, opposed to the Josh Anthon style (crazy amount of steps) seems to work better, at least, for me.

                            With that all said, they still worked out well for you Mikk. Keep hucking and when you get to the east side of the state, hit me up. We will have to play some rounds.
                            "Honest work is for the downtrodden and the Polish"
                            Cleveland Brown

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              i have a real small compact throw...and still hit over 450'....i will say this till i'm dead....its not how hard u throw...but how u throw

                              Comment

                              Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X