Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

if you are throwing 400 ft you should probably disc down for the 330 ft shot from a groove to a mid range or a fairway driver. Leopards are awesome, throw them.
    Click here

Challenge disc golf

Comment

Eagles, Teebirds, TLs, and XLs are all pretty bossy for that wooded 320-360 foot range, also.
      We're at our best when it's from our hips

Comment

Originally posted by Parks View Post
        Eagles, Teebirds, TLs, and XLs are all pretty bossy for that wooded 320-360 foot range, also.
        Stalkers and Strikers and Cyclones oh my!
        "Honest work is for the downtrodden and the Polish"
        Cleveland Brown

Comment

leopard, just get a leopard, or 3...teen of them.
          Click here

Challenge disc golf

Comment

Originally posted by REDFIVE View Post
            leopard, just get a leopard, or 3...teen of them.
            Animal control might have an issue with this.
            Cleveland Brown

Comment

Originally posted by REDFIVE View Post
              if you are throwing 400 ft you should probably disc down for the 330 ft shot from a groove to a mid range or a fairway driver. Leopards are awesome, throw them.
              I was out this morning throwing and had the same thought. So I used my 180g first run star Mako and parked it. I was making shure to keep my head with my shoulder (not looking over my shoulder) and X-3step- SNAP! What a lazer beam! I can see how that keeping my eyes on the disc during my forward swing realy allows me to get ALOT more snap into the disc.
              However I stil have the left elbow sticking out issue, damn chicken wing!
              Hukin since 1992
              DGOD #115

Comment

Originally posted by Mikk View Post
                I was out this morning throwing and had the same thought. So I used my 180g first run star Mako and parked it. I was making shure to keep my head with my shoulder (not looking over my shoulder) and X-3step- SNAP! What a lazer beam! I can see how that keeping my eyes on the disc during my forward swing realy allows me to get ALOT more snap into the disc.
                However I stil have the left elbow sticking out issue, damn chicken wing!
                Yeah it's an amazing feeling when you first realize that. It took me a little bit to get it but now it's amazing. When I line up my shot, I pick the mark I'm trying to hit in front and line up a target behind me in direct line with the mark in front. It seems that I tend to be more accurate this way. Added bonus being that you get to see the angle of your disc when you go to release. Which can definitely be a big help when you really have to have that perfect shot.

The left arm thing isn't really a giant issue per-say. It could be if it was robbing you of power but it doesn't seem to in your videos. You could always have somebody tape your arm to your body so you get used to it. Might be a little difficult to play an entire round that way. Keep hukking!
                Cleveland Brown

Comment

I've heard of people having good results just by practicing with their off hand in their pants pocket. It will ensure that your arm stays tucked in during the throw, and you will get used to it quickly.

Comment

Originally posted by Parks View Post
                    I've heard of people having good results just by practicing with their off hand in their pants pocket. It will ensure that your arm stays tucked in during the throw, and you will get used to it quickly.
                    I have a friend that throws like that, his off-hand in his pocket. I was thinking about holding my towel, wich is clipped onto my belt loop. Then again I might try to rip the towel off!!
                    Hukin since 1992
                    DGOD #115

Comment

I would do the pocket since you're unlikely rip it off, and just do it for practice. I wouldn't actually throw like that, because it could get distracting and doesn't allow your off arm to come out as a counter-balance during the follow through.

Comment

I saw no problems with your left arm. It may be a little behind but it isn't a problem. Let it be.
                        Click here

Challenge disc golf

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                        Collapse
                        No announcement yet.
                        Working...
                        X