X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coos Bay, OR

Are there any courses near Coos Bay, OR I can sneak off to while the family's off doing their thing?
    ccovington4169@aol.com

There are two 9 hole courses around Coos Bay. Mingus Park and Winsor Park. You can get directions from the course section .

Comment

Go to Mingus!!! Leave your drivers in the car!

Comment

The Dunes!

There is a course by the beach, but you will need a local yokel to show you.
        Maybe try to contact > Scottycb1 on this forum.
        There may be something in Bandon now also.
        He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
        - Anonymous

Comment

Here's some basic course info along with directions from dgcoursreview.com

Mingus
          http://www.dgcoursereview.com/course.php?id=1564

Winsor
          http://www.dgcoursereview.com/course.php?id=2025
          PDGA: #32726 rating: 930 StumptownDG: #31, Trojan Nation: Tag# 06
          dgcoursereview.com profile: http://www.dgcoursereview.com/profile.php?id=376

Comment

Originally posted by COV45 View Post
            Are there any courses near Coos Bay, OR I can sneak off to while the family's off doing their thing?

Yep as others have posted we have both Mingus and Winsor park. You could sneak off to either or both as they are both very short and quick to play. We also have an object course out in the sand dunes but that one takes a good amount of time to get through and is brutal. It requires a guide so if it is of any interest to you just let me know!

Comment

Bandon course, really????

Any info. on the Bandon course? Where and how to find it? This would be awesome! How to reach the local club, phone numbers?? Thanks.

Comment

Windsor is way better in my opinion. Very short, but last time I was at Mingus some SOB had stolen a couple of baskets. Mingus is a lot of up and down, but still ok, just sucks about the baskets, they have poles in their place.

Comment

Great information! Thank you all - I'm going to try both Mingus and Windsor, then see where I stand on the beach, which if I do, I will hit ya up Z, thanks.
                  ccovington4169@aol.com

Comment

Originally posted by Mayumoogy View Post
                    Windsor is way better in my opinion. Very short, but last time I was at Mingus some SOB had stolen a couple of baskets. Mingus is a lot of up and down, but still ok, just sucks about the baskets, they have poles in their place.
                    Personally I liked the layout of Mingus a bit better than Windsor.. but it is a shame about the two baskets.

Oh.. also, any word on how soon the new Coos Bay area course (Airport Heights) will be ready for play? The last I heard about it was back in October.

Comment

So change of plans, the girls just tried to make hotel reservations for Coos Bay and everything's booked, so we're going to Winchester,OR! Much better, which is only 10min north of Roseburg! I've been wanting to check that course out for years!! Any other suggestions???
                      ccovington4169@aol.com

Comment

Originally posted by COV45 View Post
                        So change of plans, the girls just tried to make hotel reservations for Coos Bay and everything's booked, so we're going to Winchester,OR! Much better, which is only 10min north of Roseburg! I've been wanting to check that course out for years!! Any other suggestions???
                        Whistlers, Whistlers, Whistlers...You could play riverfront, but I would soak up all the Whistlers you can handle

Comment

These girls are messing with my emotions!

So now they clarified it and told me its actually Winchester Bay, not Winchester! So I'm back to square one looking for courses near Winchester Bay! Just gonna have to bring my portables and just call it good!
                          ccovington4169@aol.com

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                          Collapse
                          No announcement yet.
                          Working...
                          X