X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• the golfs compared

Bridgestone, a tire company, makes golf balls.
    Vibram, a shoe sole company, makes golf discs.

That about sums it up.
    Click here

Challenge disc golf

It does?
    Oregon disc golf map

Comment

In ball golf you play it as it lies. In Disc Golf we get a meter....
      It's what you learn after you know it all that counts.sigpicJohn Wooden

Comment

In ball golf the clothes are ridiculous.

In disc golf its the hair.

Case example. Payne Stewart vs Nikko.
        "Honest work is for the downtrodden and the Polish"
        Cleveland Brown

Comment

Bolf Relief- Your stance or ball are in any of these situations on the golf course.
          Cart path
          Sprinkler
          Bridge
          Casual water
          Tire marks
          Drain covers
          Ground under repair
          Man-made immovable obstructions in bounds (railroads, outhouses, benches, etc.)

Frolf relief-
          Barbed Wire
          Rattle snakes
          Ant hills
          O.B.

Bolf- Stops play if the wind gets too gusty.
          Frolf- More play if the wind gets too gusty.

Bolf- the bag weighs 30 pounds.
          Frolf- 30 pound bag? PARTY TIME!
          Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man. - The Dude, 1998.

Comment

Frolf relief-
            Barbed Wire
            Only if TD specifies in advance.

Comment

Ball and disc golf differ in more ways than they are alike.

Comment

Originally posted by Adam Schneider View Post
                It does?
                I read this thread backwards... that was funny!

Comment

Golf: Ping
                  Disc Golf: Ching
                  Sometimes my mind boggles. It's so deep my mind actually boggles.

~ Cyndi Lauper ~

Comment

Originally posted by sillybizz View Post
                    Golf: Ping
                    Disc Golf: Ching
                    Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man. - The Dude, 1998.

Comment

One thing ball golf has going for it is, that only 4 sums are aloud, you can rent a cart, and cute girls selling you beer. Ok that was more than one but I just kept going.

Comment

Ball golf: Frustrating and expensive, lots of stuffy people, yet fun!
                        Disc golf: Relaxing and cheap, lots of awesome people, more fun!

While I love playin me some ball golf, disc golf has become my life.
                        When a ball dreams, it dreams it's a Frisbee.

Comment

Ball golf - putting is WAY harder... but distance is easier... most players have some distance control but play the majority of shots with one shape (usually straight... sometimes a slice). Practitioners are more established... read as expensive and unadaptable...

Disc Golf - Putting is easier... distance is tough... Lots more creativity off of the tee and much greater course variety. Practitioners still feel like they are pioneering a new sport... mostly positive and fun oriented... and cheap.

I have loved both sports... but having found disc golf ball golf just seems like a sucker game now.

Comment

Competitive standpoint

Ball golf- Corporate, televised nationally, rules are more rigid, Winners make 5000:1 on entry fee or no entry fee, Players more often respect the game and its heritage, penalties are more costly, non playing spectators watch or attend, More equipment vendors.

Disc Golf - Grass roots by comparison, internet broadcast or youtube videos, rules are more implied, Winners make at best 50:1 on entry fees, players more often respect themselves before the game, penalties sting but don't ruin a game, Spectatorship is strongly driven by players who watch or attend, more re-branders.
                            PDGA #25296
                            Stumptown #34

Comment

Originally posted by Flash View Post
                              Disc Golf - Grass roots by comparison, internet broadcast or youtube videos, rules are more implied, Winners make at best 50:1 on entry fees, players more often respect themselves before the game, penalties sting but don't ruin a game, Spectatorship is strongly driven by players who watch or attend, more re-branders.
                              Jeez I hate to be a contrarian or a troll but that's pretty cynical no? "More respect for themselves than game?"

I grew up skateboarding and there are some pretty dicey skaters and I wouldn't even say that about them. Yes bad apples or unfortunate moments but not everyone.

All together shouldn't we give eachother the benifit of the doubt. The first time I played pier a dude tried to fight me and my non discer buddies because he thought we jumped in front of him. Bad guy? Yes. A condemnation of Portland disc golf or disc golf in general? **** no! Just one dude with anger issues.

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X