Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Scott View Post
    Really?
    This does not surprise me at all based on what I have seen when it comes time to add up 2's 3's and 4's at the end of every tournament round.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott View Post
      Really?
      Don't get me wrong, I'm pretty handy at the maths. But when it came down to it, having everything up around the 1000 area just seemed unnecessary. It's easier to know what your budget is and what kind of players you can target when the numbers are smaller.

I kind of like Chuck's idea, although I think there would be people picking the odd < 1000-rated golfer for the underdog factor. Probably not a very common use case, but we'd like to allow it.

It's still our first go at this, and I can assure you we'll be adjusting things as we learn more about how players like to use the site.

Comment

I have started a private league on the fantasy disc golf website for Northwest Disc Golf News for those interested. The league's invitation code is HRADLKU4

https://www.playfantasydiscgolf.com/

If you want to send me a buck or two to help with the cost, I'll check out my paypal account to see how I can receive it.

Enjoy!
        Last edited by Kenny B; February 24th, 2011, 05:53 AM.

Comment

Joined... feel good about my picks. You sir are going down.
          sigpic

Comment

Where you at KG?
            sigpic

Comment

Sweet! We've alredy got people joining. You have to make your picks before the Memorial starts on Wednesday if you want a shot at winning.

The first "tour" is five events:

The Memorial Championship March 2-5
              Texas State Championships April 2-3
              Alabama State Championship May 14-15
              Brent Hambrick Memorial June 4-5
              Kansas City Wide Open June 11-12

Comment

Yay. Now I can beat Kenny in yet another disc golf related event. Hahahaha. My team is rock solid.
                A par is not a bogey.

Comment

Originally posted by Nathan View Post
                  Yay. Now I can beat Kenny in yet another disc golf related event. Hahahaha. My team is rock solid.
                  Yes, mini disc golf being the other one.

Comment

Kenny, when you created the league, did you make a 15 person league, or a 100 person league? If you made a 15 person league you might want to see if they will let you upgrade it. We're at 10 and I think we have more than 5 more still coming.

Also, if you have a paypal account already, all we need is the email you use to log into said paypal account and we can send you money.

Also (x2), it would be good to have some sort of incentive to keep people involved through the whole season. Have you thought of any sort of payout? I could donate some plastic or something, or maybe try to find someone to sponsor the league? Nothing huge at all, so it would still be just for fun, but something to keep participants' interest piqued enough that they stay involved?
                    Last edited by nayr; February 24th, 2011, 10:27 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Kenny B View Post
                      Yes, mini disc golf being the other one.
                      that was funny, I almost choked on my cheerios.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by nayr View Post
                        Kenny, when you created the league, did you make a 15 person league, or a 100 person league? If you made a 15 person league you might want to see if they will let you upgrade it. We're at 10 and I think we have more than 5 more still coming.

Also, if you have a paypal account already, all we need is the email you use to log into said paypal account and we can send you money.

Also (x2), it would be good to have some sort of incentive to keep people involved through the whole season. Have you thought of any sort of payout? I could donate some plastic or something, or maybe try to find someone to sponsor the league? Nothing huge at all, so it would still be just for fun, but something to keep participants' interest piqued enough that they stay involved?
                        Ah, yes. I forgot to mention that it is a 100 person league. We can also upgrade to unlimited, if necessary.

Comment

I'm in. I decided to chose an unassuming name, team "Something, something disc golf" ready to roll.

Comment

Team "Monkey with a Dartboard" in the house!
                            "You won't like me when I am angry, because I always back up my rage with facts and documented sources". - The Credible Hulk

Comment

Sorry this took so long...If you want to send me $ to help with the cost of starting the league, you can do so using paypal. Just send it to benj2328@yahoo.com

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by nayr View Post

I agree that adding a prize for the winner would be fun and keep people involved. The website rules do stipulate that any prize must be announced prior to the first event and that the prize cannot be based on the number of participants. (i.e. no gambling.) As such, I talked to my wife and she wants to make a donation on behalf of Not For Sale-Kitsap (an organization under the umbrella of Not For Sale, which fights to stop human trafficking and child/slave labor). The donation is Fair Trade Certified chocolate bars to go to the winner of this league.

http://www.notforsalewa.org/
                                http://www.notforsalecampaign.org/

If anyone else would like to donate prizes, please let me know so that it can be announced prior to the start of the Memorial.

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X