Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fantasy Disc Golf

https://www.playfantasydiscgolf.com/

Anybody else out there think it's a good idea to start a Northwest Disc Golf News league on the above website?

Because I think it's an awesome idea!

Do it, or else the ninja will get you!

Ryan Gwillim ran a league a couple of years ago. I was thinking about reviving it this year, but there seemed to be little interest.

Comment

I'd definitely be down if there was some interest
      PDGA: #32726 rating: 930 StumptownDG: #31, Trojan Nation: Tag# 06
      dgcoursereview.com profile: http://www.dgcoursereview.com/profile.php?id=376

Comment

Same with me.
        Support Disc Golf Tournament Solutions on Facebook

DG Tournament Solutions Webpage

Comment

Count me in.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott View Post
            Ryan Gwillim ran a league a couple of years ago. I was thinking about reviving it this year, but there seemed to be little interest.
            I'm not familiar with how Ryan organized it, but the website lays out the rules and keeps score automatically. My only question now is whether or not to make the league public or private (which require an invitation code that could be posted here).

I think the cool aspect of the website is that it assigns point values to players on the national tour. You can only "spend" 70 points to get your four golfers. This way everyone won't be just picking the same players as everyone else.

Comment

Not sure why they didn't just have a ratings total like 4100 as the max total rating for your four players.

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck Kennedy View Post
                Not sure why they didn't just have a ratings total like 4100 as the max total rating for your four players.
                That would be a great idea. I hadn't thought of that.

Comment

Originally posted by Kenny B View Post
                  My only question now is whether or not to make the league public or private (which require an invitation code that could be posted here).
                  I think this would weigh on whether or not you wanted it to be a private or public league.

via their website:
                  $9.99 - Up to 15 players
                  Great for groups of friends.
                  Costs less than a new disc!

$19.99 - Up to 100 players
                  Awesome for local clubs!
                  Costs less than a really expensive disc!

$39.99 - Unlimited players
                  Great for city/state clubs or vendors.
                  Costs less than a small automobile!

Seeing as you would probably not get more than 100 people, but more than 15 (maybe?) you could easily invite people to join. You could keep it free and light-hearted, or ask for some $ to join the league an offset some of the cost and the leftover goes to a pot making for something a little more cut-throat. I'm just spitballing here.

Comment

picks

I signed up and made my picks. It would be cooler if we created a custom league though....

Comment

Originally posted by KG_MCDGC View Post
                      I think this would weigh on whether or not you wanted it to be a private or public league.

via their website:
                      $9.99 - Up to 15 players
                      Great for groups of friends.
                      Costs less than a new disc!

$19.99 - Up to 100 players
                      Awesome for local clubs!
                      Costs less than a really expensive disc!

$39.99 - Unlimited players
                      Great for city/state clubs or vendors.
                      Costs less than a small automobile!

Seeing as you would probably not get more than 100 people, but more than 15 (maybe?) you could easily invite people to join. You could keep it free and light-hearted, or ask for some $ to join the league an offset some of the cost and the leftover goes to a pot making for something a little more cut-throat. I'm just spitballing here.
                      Aaaa!

I did not see that! Thanks for pointing it out Kevin. I'll rummage around with my friends and see if they want to help front the $.

Comment

Ive already made my picks as well. Id be willing to throw in a couple bucks via paypal to join a NW league for sure. lets get it goin! We got like a couple weeks still

-G

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck Kennedy View Post
                          We originally had it that way, but found that it was a bit easier to do the math when the numbers were under 100.

Adding up 1018 + 1035 + 1011 ... got a little brain-heavy for me (while testing golfer picks); smaller numbers were a bit more down-to-earth.

We're definitely open to suggestions for future tours if more people think that a max rating cap would be easier to work with.

Thanks for signing up and creating a league, guys. Let us know if you have questions or comments.

Comment

Since all of the players selected would likely be over 1000 rating, just drop the 1000 and say the total for the rating amounts over 1000 can't exceed 100 for the four players. But maybe that's too much math? The thing is, those who participate in fantasy leagues are typically decent at math and stats.

Comment

Originally posted by Rob Hruska View Post
                              We originally had it that way, but found that it was a bit easier to do the math when the numbers were under 100.

Adding up 1018 + 1035 + 1011 ... got a little brain-heavy for me (while testing golfer picks); smaller numbers were a bit more down-to-earth.
                              Really?

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X