X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Snow!

We just played a round at Lunchtime, and it was awesome. Also, very cold, snowy and windy.

Anyone else play today?

Played Pier (all 12 holes), it was a winter wonderland! Shot like crap, hard to throw in all that gear, but had a great time. Snow day tomorrow, sleeping late ...
    educate your thinking

Comment

Um... Played in 12 inches of snow, 40 MPH winds, and 16 degrees without windchill!!! I think that I am getting used to the cold again. Didn't have to bulk up the layers too bad...
      Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Albert Einstein

Comment

Dude, an Alaskan posting in this thread is basically the forum equivalent of sandbagging.
        Oregon disc golf map

Comment

Yeah, I know!!! I am still an Oregon golfer at heart though!!!
          Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Albert Einstein

Comment

Greenway was lots of fun!! (We almost hit Lunchtime, but weren't sure if services were in session or not). My first ever snow round. I liked how the discs got burried under the snow & we had to find the "disc tracks" to find where our shots landed. Also, it was cool to see exactly what the disc had done once it hit the ground!
            Great googly moogly!

Comment

IF the snow gets deep enough, the impact mark can be kind of hard to find. Crush up some colored chalk to a powder and put some on the rim of the disc. You then see the color of where it went in!!

Albert Einstein

Comment

I played for the first time in the snow yesterday, but only played like 2 holes at orchard, just wanted to be able to say now i have played in the snow

Comment

Most of you must not have played the Great Northwest Open at Willamette Pass in '05 I think it was. Beautiful, sunny and 80 on Saturday. Cold and 6 inches of snow on Sunday!!!

Albert Einstein

Comment

Played a couple rounds at Champoeg, then a few at Hoover. I'm headed out to Wortman right now. Viva "hot hands".

Comment

Originally posted by Leftybagger View Post
                      Most of you must not have played the Great Northwest Open at Willamette Pass in '05 I think it was. Beautiful, sunny and 80 on Saturday. Cold and 6 inches of snow on Sunday!!!
                      I played in white out cond. at the Pass 1 year not this event though Full Sail 1, Have played Tadmore open with 6" on ground then another 4 during and after lunch.

Plus quite few rounds at Milo,Timber with Snow on the ground.

Rockwood after a couple of Ice Storms

gotta love NW Disc
                      "In Discatarianism We Trust"

:cheers:

:cool:sigpic

Comment

so it snowed a few inches IN TOWN this morning (eugene) and we decided to head out to dexter to f around a bit. not one fraction of snow anywhere to be found. it was really weird. anyways, if you want to play some quality snow free sub freezing temp golf right now, dexter is the place to be.
                        May the wind be in your favor...

Comment

Headed over to Levrich this afternoon for a quick round. The tee pads where perfect: frozen (no mud), but still grippy. The temp was bearable as long as the wind wasn't blowing.

Comment

It Was the Bomb!

Originally posted by Leftybagger View Post
                            Hey Luke,

That was my first ever PDGA event and wow what a great one it was. I was in the second group down the mountain in the snow, crazy man. I was smart enough to leave all my white discs in the truck and amazingly our group didn't lose one disc. The group ahead of us lost at least 4 discs. This was one of the last Full Sail sponsored events in their great run of support for disc golf. I will never forget the amount of swag that was given away at the awards ceremony thanks to the TD's Randy Cox, Dave Feldberg, Avery Jenkins and all the sponsorship they generated. Every player from first to last took home a pile of stuff. From baskets, shoes and discs to shirts, stickers, minis and everything in between.
                            The prized glass artwork I won in the raffle still sits on my desk.

Comment

Snow in WA

Got to play some in the snow near Seattle too!

Pictures from Lake Fenwick:

'Weekend 4 Women':
                              Saturday, June 30th - Sudoku Showdown II - FREE PDGA XC Tier
                              Sunday, July 1st - Seattle SuperClassic - FREE PDGA XC Tier

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X