Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Team 1000Rated.com

Hey Everyone!

I've got some exciting news. I've recently been picked up by one of my favorite websites: 1000rated.com

I get a few benefits (discs and gear) and will be writing articles as well as tournament recaps about events here in the NW. My first article detailing the benefits of practice should be published soon, and my profile page is already posted at the website itself.

Check it out! www.1000rated.com

Dion
    Team DISCRAFT
    NW Sign Up
    Gorilla Boy
    Paragon Disc Golf
    Odwalla

Originally posted by RonTheWhip View Post
    Hey Everyone!

I've got some exciting news. I've recently been picked up by one of my favorite websites: 1000rated.com

I get a few benefits (discs and gear) and will be writing articles as well as tournament recaps about events here in the NW. My first article detailing the benefits of practice should be published soon, and my profile page is already posted at the website itself.

Check it out! www.1000rated.com

Dion
    Congratulations!

Comment

Hey I was checking out that site and noticed that our long lost friend Jon Owens is referenced in an article and included in a list of the top 5 rated am rounds for a tournament during the past week. Good to know he's playing well on the other coast!

Comment

One of the best disc golf sites on the web...

Way to go Dion!

Comment

Hey guys!

They published the article! Tell me what you think and leave a comment on the website!

http://www.1000rated.com/2008/12/practice-makes-habits/
          Team DISCRAFT
          NW Sign Up
          Gorilla Boy
          Paragon Disc Golf
          Odwalla

Comment

Hey guys!

They published the article! Tell me what you think and leave a comment on the website!

http://www.1000rated.com/2008/12/practice-makes-habits/

Very nicely written!

Comment

Well done!

Bob

Comment

Very well written.

My only advice is to include "play with someone better than yourself and watch the good habits they have as well as get help from them so they can help you get the proper form that works for you. That way, when you are practicing, you are perfecting the proper form rather than a form that might be holding you back."

Although your advice is really good, just remember that there are much less experienced players that aren't at the competitive level yet.

Keep it up Dion! I can't wait to read you next article!

Comment

Good piece, a must read for those with the competitive side of DG in mind.
                  And did Discraft pick you up? You had mentioned it they were looking.
                  J
                  educate your thinking

Comment

SOLID! The practicing with a better player theory is very true and could be the thesis of a new article, hint hint... Keep it up Dion!

Comment

Thanks Everyone!

Sorry, no discraft sponsorship yet, but hopefully by the begining of next year (in a few weeks) they'll have their team stuff figured out and I'll get the official call.

Anyone else have next artcile ideas?
                      Team DISCRAFT
                      NW Sign Up
                      Gorilla Boy
                      Paragon Disc Golf
                      Odwalla

Comment

Thanks Everyone!

Sorry, no discraft sponsorship yet, but hopefully by the begining of next year (in a few weeks) they'll have their team stuff figured out and I'll get the official call.

Anyone else have next artcile ideas?

How about "Disc Golf in Oregon"? How many courses are there? How many players? What tournements are availble throughout the year? Generally a state of disc golf in your home state.

Bob

Comment

Well I hope it happens for you Dion, you've worked very hard and will represent Discraft and DG Oregon well. And I'll be hitting you up for cool Discraft stuff
                          educate your thinking

Comment

Thanks again Dion.

We are glad to have you as a part of our team and wish you the best in 2009!

Comment

new article ideas...
                              playing up/playing with better players - the psychology and philosophy behind this?
                              disc golf etittque on the course and during play?
                              disc golf sign language?!
                              how to throw a bombazz 360 drive properly, i have yet to see an article but i havent really tried that hard to look...
                              boy that was hard to think of, i'm spent...

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X