X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My best birdie...

Now I don't want to take anything away from an ace, but sometimes the most satisfying things are great birdies... Marking each hole of your local course, getting a birdie on a hole that you thought you never could get...

So tell us about it...

What is your best birdie?

Lately?

Ever?

What hole is just too tough?

I start this subject because today I got a birdie that felt better than an ace...
    Hole #6 at Dexter is a monster... long, tight, low and well defended. I threw a pretty decent roller... but a little right... than canned a 80 or 90 fotter a little down hill to get the birdie (the basket was in the right hand position for you in the know)

The only placement at Dexter that I haven't birdied now is 18 long.

Gotta be hole #5 at Trojan for me. 575 feet +/- wide open fairway, but the basket is tucked off to the right, past the end of a long line of blackberries, trees, seasonal creek/drainage ditch, etc. Had a decent (for me) drive off the tee - maybe 300 feet or so. Blind to the basket, managed to sink the birdie with an Avenger SS (the same disc that I finally got my first ace with out at the Mud). I didn't get to see the shot go in, but fellow 'Nation member, Dan, got to see the whole thing. That one was awesome. I still can't par that hole all that often...

All that being said, that same hole has been birdied by another member of the 'Nation since then. Who could that be?
    TROJAN NATION: zippyboy, bishop, wiseguy, jasonrocksout, Dan N., Ol' Bob, The Mentor, chris7graham, radsnowsurfer, ChUcK, J-Man, Keys, Over The Hill Bob, Tennesee, Haley, Jeep4x420, Scott Hill, JubJub, Jim Anderson, JLewis, Z-Man, Greg the Clown, Marcus B., Treelove, Trozzle, Brillo, D-Walk, my beloved (Amy), Tim, Leland (my dad), Bro, Peter, Michael, and Rolly. Anybody else?

Comment

If a hole is all but impossible to ace, then what's a birdie on that hole but the best that can be done? The two that's usually a four saves the same number of strokes as anythng you can ace.
      The Corporate Empire is NOT a Constitutional Republic...
      ...but it plays one on TV.

Comment

I had a good one today: #11 at Ewing Young. I threw a tomahawk as usual, just to the left of the big wooden pole... and my Firebird came hurtling straight down and smashed onto the top of the basket. All the chains rattled, and I was hoping for a miracle bounce for an ace. But still a fun birdie.
        Oregon disc golf map

Comment

Originally posted by Ol' Bob View Post
          If a hole is all but impossible to ace, then what's a birdie on that hole but the best that can be done? The two that's usually a four saves the same number of strokes as anythng you can ace.
          But in this case, a birde would be tougher because it likely required TWO great shots instead of one.

Comment

So my best "birdie" or eagle, depending on what you call the part at hole 1 at McIver these days, came this last Monday. I was playing with Pitser, Mike Best, and Dustin as usually. I threw a nice gently 400 foot hyzer to get me on the left side of the fairway with my Boss. Then threw a nice sweeping hyzer around the right side of the pine on the top of the hill. I ended up maybe 25 feet from the basket, dead straight put to walk out with the 3. I've done it before, but never as planned and clean as this one. It felt pretty damn great.

Comment

I've done that too, and that's what I'm talking about... it is so much cooler to use two or even three great shots to achieve a hole than just one lucky one...

Andy

Comment

Originally posted by DexterHawk View Post
                I've done that too, and that's what I'm talking about... it is so much cooler to use two or even three great shots to achieve a hole than just one lucky one...

Andy
                Just think of how excited I am to use 6 or 7 great shots instead of one.

Bob

Comment

OTH Bob, for the WIN!

Don Pardo, tell him what he's won...
                  TROJAN NATION: zippyboy, bishop, wiseguy, jasonrocksout, Dan N., Ol' Bob, The Mentor, chris7graham, radsnowsurfer, ChUcK, J-Man, Keys, Over The Hill Bob, Tennesee, Haley, Jeep4x420, Scott Hill, JubJub, Jim Anderson, JLewis, Z-Man, Greg the Clown, Marcus B., Treelove, Trozzle, Brillo, D-Walk, my beloved (Amy), Tim, Leland (my dad), Bro, Peter, Michael, and Rolly. Anybody else?

Comment

Know the signs of stroke.
                    The Corporate Empire is NOT a Constitutional Republic...
                    ...but it plays one on TV.

Comment

Originally posted by DexterHawk View Post
                      Now I don't want to take anything away from an ace, but sometimes the most satisfying things are great birdies... Marking each hole of your local course, getting a birdie on a hole that you thought you never could get...

So tell us about it...

What is your best birdie?

Lately?

Ever?

What hole is just too tough?

I start this subject because today I got a birdie that felt better than an ace...
                      Hole #6 at Dexter is a monster... long, tight, low and well defended. I threw a pretty decent roller... but a little right... than canned a 80 or 90 fotter a little down hill to get the birdie (the basket was in the right hand position for you in the know)

The only placement at Dexter that I haven't birdied now is 18 long.
                      Holey moley, that means u birdied #6 in the straight long behind the fortress of trees before u birded the right hand placement? That's super cool.. Hole #7 in the long position is a pretty tough birdie for those who dont have the power to air it out over the first 300 feet worth of trees, dang...
                      I would have to say my best birdie would be.... so many of them, but sounds so easy if it compares to dexter holes heh. #17 west at milo, #7 East (par 4), #9 East (par 4), #16 East (par 4)... hmmm thinking hard here... #7 long at Whistler's Bend, #17 long Whistler's bend... ahh back to work... will think of some more...

Comment

My best birdie ever happened during the 3rd round at the Eugene celebration 2008. I was trying to get close with rollers on hole #18. 1st round, rolled uphill and into the parking lot OB. 2nd round threw another roller with next-step more stable disc and got pretty close (maybe 100 ft.) but missed that shot. 3rd round, I threw same disc but got more on it, and it used the slope perfectly, stood up for a long time, picked up speed, and curled uphill at the end, stopping about 60 ft away on the downhill side--nearly pin length. Hit that putt for birdie (with a few witnesses) and my highlight of that tournament for sure!!

Comment

Originally posted by zippyboy View Post
                          Gotta be hole #5 at Trojan for me. ... that same hole has been birdied by another member of the 'Nation since then. Who could that be?
                          JLewis! JLewis! JLewis! JLewis! JLewis! I was there - he did it with the TRACKER!

Bonus Point: which member of LeftyNation has also deuced this hole?
                          Ratings-based divisions: disc golf's inevitable future.
                          Disc Golf Calendar: www.NWDiscGolf.info, or click CALENDAR at top of page
                          Submit Event to Calendar: treelove@nwdiscgolf.info
                          Team Disc Golf: http://www.teamdiscgolf.com
                          Bitchin' URL: http://www.nwdiscgolf.com

Comment

Originally posted by TreeLove View Post
                            JLewis! JLewis! JLewis! JLewis! JLewis! I was there - he did it with the TRACKER!

Bonus Point: which member of LeftyNation has also deuced this hole?
                            The smart money is on Ryan G.

What do I win?
                            Ruining everyone else's fun since 1998.

Comment

Today I birdied #4 at Adair (downhill next to the model airplane field), in the long position.

The rest of the round did not go so well...
                              Oregon disc golf map

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X