Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Niceeee, that's a hole i always think i can birdie if I can just get my shot far and higher so that it fades more into the woods, always end up throwing a shot so hard it annys my xcaliber...
    as for adair, my best birdie is #8 in the long. Missed 30 foot putt for par on #18 long during WOX
    Anyone ever duece adair #18 in the long?

Comment

I have deuced #18 long at Adair once, I drove it about 50 feet across the path on the left side of the fairway and then threw a sidearm starfire in from there, probably about 300ft out. I also once rolled #18 short to the edge of the circle (675ft+) but I missed the putt a little high so I have never 2'd that one.

As for other good birdies, I had a nice 3p on a par 4 in Japan last year. The hole was slightly uphill about 500 feet with a sandtrap about 10 feet short of the basket. I got a pretty big roller off with a 150 eagle and it went into the trap, then I nailed the 45-50 footer from the short side of the sand.

During one of my best rounds at Willamette park I parred hole #1 and then 2'd holes 2-14, the highlight being hole 3 as it is clearly the hardest of that bunch, It was the most 2's I've ever had in a row.
      Last edited by Nate Sexton; January 12th, 2009, 11:28 AM.
      Innova Champion Discs
      Discmania
      huk lab
      Keen Footwear
      Grip EQ Disc Golf Bags
      Stimpi Ridge Disc Golf in Spokane, WA
      Play it Again Sports Corvallis and Eugene

Comment

Originally posted by Nate Sexton View Post
        I have deuced #18 long at Adair once, I drove it about 50 feet across the path on the left side of the fairway and then threw a sidearm starfire in from there, probably about 300ft out. I also once rolled #18 short to the edge of the circle (675ft+) but I missed the putt a little high so I have never 2'd that one.

As for other good birdies, I had a nice 3p on a par 4 in Japan last year. The hole was slightly uphill about 500 feet with a sandtrap about 10 feet short of the basket. I got a pretty big roller off with a 150 eagle and it went into the trap, then I nailed the 45-50 footer from the short side of the sand.

During one of my best rounds at Willamette park I parred hole #1 and then 2'd holes 2-14, the highlight being hole 3 as it is clearly the hardest of that bunch, It was the most 2's I've ever had in a row.
        I guess the term BAGGER doesn't fit here does it? Good work Nate!

I deuced #5 at Hornings (long course) at the first Slosh event both rounds. Pretty darn good for ME. Then a week later playing a casual round there deuced #5,6,7 consecutively. If you know my game you will know that has to be a highlight for me.

Bob

Comment

At long last, I eclipsed my previously best birdie (a tap in 3 on Hole 1 of 27 at Milo), by finally getting a 4 on Hole 23 of 27 in the long position. I've gotten a few 4s in the short (sic) position, and I've even had a glimmer of hope for the four in the long before... but I failed to make the 40 ft putt.

This time things went a little differently. I got a great drive with a Boss through the gap and got a good fade toward the road and came to a stop lined up just right with the gap between the trees. My second shot with a beat up Pro Destroyer hit the gap just right, flipped into a sweet anhyzer glide down the channel toward the short position and carried all the way til it had no more speed left. My next drive with a beat up Star Max was low and fast and it hit the tunnel just right and skipped up to within about 25 feet of the basket. This time... I cashed that damned putt.

PS: THAT, my friends, is why I go to MILO WORK PARTIES. Karma cannot be purchased... it must be EARNED.
          "You won't like me when I am angry, because I always back up my rage with facts and documented sources". - The Credible Hulk

Comment

Originally posted by Bullseye View Post
            At long last, I eclipsed my previously best birdie (a tap in 3 on Hole 1 of 27 at Milo), by finally getting a 4 on Hole 23 of 27 in the long position. I've gotten a few 4s in the short (sic) position, and I've even had a glimmer of hope for the four in the long before... but I failed to make the 40 ft putt.

This time things went a little differently. I got a great drive with a Boss through the gap and got a good fade toward the road and came to a stop lined up just right with the gap between the trees. My second shot with a beat up Pro Destroyer hit the gap just right, flipped into a sweet anhyzer glide down the channel toward the short position and carried all the way til it had no more speed left. My next drive with a beat up Star Max was low and fast and it hit the tunnel just right and skipped up to within about 25 feet of the basket. This time... I cashed that damned putt.

PS: THAT, my friends, is why I go to MILO WORK PARTIES. Karma cannot be purchased... it must be EARNED.
            I got to witness this one and I have to say that Jeff's second shot was awesome!

Comment

Originally posted by proto something or other View Post
              The smart money is on Ryan G.

What do I win?
              Don Pardo, tell him what he's won...

A very disturbing avatar about falling down stairs!

And while the deuce on hole 2 at Trojan was very sweet (and relatively recent) it can't top the $168 ace at Daliwood ON hole 3 that shoots over the Llama pen that gave the course the name. What year was that 2002? Seems like a lifetime ago.
              Hath this whole world been mired in madness?
              Remain ye men of faculty complete,
              Of full arithmetic and prudence fair,
              Attending to our noble bond and contract?
              Or does here stand the last remaining man
              To give a fig for rules and order yet,
              No noble savage, but a stave unbroken
              Who loves the law and bids it no misdeed.
              Iíll not be bent to lawlessness. Mark it nought, if we be men of honour.

Comment

I had my best birdie in a long time, today. Hole 1 at Rooster West. My drive was mediocre (it was really windy), but my "putt" was awesome. 90% power with a Roc, that faded right into the strong side of the chains. Made my day. The rest of the round was... forgettable.

Comment

Masters Cup last year...1st Round ... Hole 13 or I-5 for those who know the course.

Threw in my 2nd shot Thumber for the ONLY 2 ever carded in Tournament Play on that Hole.

Comment

Originally posted by Magilla View Post
                    Masters Cup last year...1st Round ... Hole 13 or I-5 for those who know the course.

Threw in my 2nd shot Thumber for the ONLY 2 ever carded in Tournament Play on that Hole.
                    Jesus. Most people would be ecstatic to get a 3 on that hole.
                    Oregon disc golf map

Comment

1st Bay Hole - Nucleur Meltdown. 450' over the water. 10 footer.
                      Team DISCRAFT
                      NW Sign Up
                      Gorilla Boy
                      Paragon Disc Golf
                      Odwalla

Comment

Originally posted by DexterHawk View Post
                        Now I don't want to take anything away from an ace, but sometimes the most satisfying things are great birdies... Marking each hole of your local course, getting a birdie on a hole that you thought you never could get...

So tell us about it...

What is your best birdie?

Lately?

Ever?

What hole is just too tough?

I start this subject because today I got a birdie that felt better than an ace...
                        Hole #6 at Dexter is a monster... long, tight, low and well defended. I threw a pretty decent roller... but a little right... than canned a 80 or 90 fotter a little down hill to get the birdie (the basket was in the right hand position for you in the know)

The only placement at Dexter that I haven't birdied now is 18 long.
                        I had to bring this thread back from the dead because I got three sweet birdies today at the Bend. The first was our first hole of the day I took a 4 on it from the pro pad which was awesome. I also got hole 16 in the long Then I took a 4 on the Genius hole. Pretty good for me, I was stoked! (about those holes )
                        Proud member #20 of STUMPTOWN Disc Golf and the PDGA #30488
                        Damn The Weak Side!!!!!!

Comment

Saw that bird on 1, Pat. Should have had the same and will remember to putt before I actually start playing from now on.
                          I got 26 (normally the stump hole - now tucked deep right) in 3 from the long pad to force a tie for the day with Stern. There was little else remarkable about my play today, really.
                          ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
                          ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

Originally posted by Darr View Post
                            I had to bring this thread back from the dead because I got three sweet birdies today at the Bend. The first was our first hole of the day I took a 4 on it from the pro pad which was awesome. I also got hole 16 in the long Then I took a 4 on the Genius hole. Pretty good for me, I was stoked! (about those holes )
                            Which #16?
                            And that brings up another topic, Hole #6W or original #1 was changed to a Par 4 last year for the BSF, which I disagreed with, so based on the casual play, that was a birdie, based on BSF 2008, that was par, wonder if Flash will chime in on this and tell us if its going back to par 5 or staying a brutal par 4?

My best birds at Milo have been at 7E, parked 2nd shot for under 10 foot putt. 25 footer for 3 on 9E aka, the genius. Keep missing the bird opps on the super long 14E...

Comment

Does par even really matter that much, in all honesty? I mean yeah it helps the ego but most of or casual rounds out there we call EVERYTHING a par 3, it simplifies things and sure it might hurt the go to shoot a 10 over but in tournament play you are comparing your score to the other people you play with, so par essentially can be anything and it won't change the outcome... Just my two cents.

Comment

I went 4-2-2 on holes 1-3 at Milo on Saturday, with hole 2 in the long. I'm pretty sure I've never done that before.

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X