X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by keys View Post
    What thread has the [ODSA] edit feature disappeared from? I just checked and it's still enabled.
    It was "North Clackamas Update," last night; I wanted to edit the URL I posted (less than five minutes after posting it), and the Edit button was not there.
    Oregon disc golf map

Comment

Originally posted by Adam Schneider View Post
      It was "North Clackamas Update," last night; I wanted to edit the URL I posted (less than five minutes after posting it), and the Edit button was not there.
      Fixed.
      Current World Rank: 2857th
      Lowest Rated Round: 777
      Worst Tournament Finish: 2nd From DFL MA2 GNO 2008
      Worst Drive: 10 Feet behind teepad
      Shortest Putt Missed During a Tournament: < 1 foot (Not Kidding)
      Best Fall: Hole 11 Trojan Park, before cement teepads
      Dirtiest Ace: Hole 12 Horning's Canyon Course through the "V" tree.
      Pairs of Shoes Ruined: 6

Comment

Originally posted by CarlitosBonitos View Post
        Also the point of my comments were to commend Sam and anyone else who has helped to bring this site along.
        Two words for you: Adam Schneider.

The guy is a machine when it comes to keeping this site fresh and making positive changes to the user experience. I built the chocolate shell. Adam filled it with the creamy Cadbury goodness!
        ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
        ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

Originally posted by Sam View Post
          I built the chocolate shell. Adam filled it with the creamy Cadbury goodness!
          Oh my, TMI!!! Isn't there some sort of "don't ask, don't tell" protocol around here?

Comment

Originally posted by LJ Jubner View Post
            If thats the case The same could be said here too. That if the major posterts (never mind content) just sheer numbers. then yes it has slowed. But if you take into consideration content odsa is much better off without the number 1 poster of all time. In addition odsa has been around for 10 years now, #1 did all his posting in a little over 3 years

He has nearly 50% 0f the posts HERE also. I do have to admit the rhetoric has been dialed down some.

I find it interesting that some of you think odsa is such a crappy site. Yet most of you still go there to post and/or promote your events but still have the nuts to bad mouth it. HERE!. Douche Bags
            SchneiderThe first three things you mentioned are easliy moderated.

1 Edit = preview easy enough

2 Moderator Adults should be capable of moderating themselves. Sounds good in theroy but lacks consistent implimentation.

3 Useful Content. Not up to odsa to start discusion. The lack of content is our responsability. Want ot hear a ruckus try dropping under/non used forum link's. In my opinion what your really saying is no gossip/bad blood you know DRAMA for you to amuse yourself with.

4 Site updates are something that takes time are you willing to give up your time to help odsa? What about here at NWDGN?

Not to bad mouth this site but
            1 no vendors link yet, (but the arcade was up and running the first day)

2 What about the course directory here?

3 The only reason the calendar is here is because of Gawain's solo efforts to keep it updated and the fact TD's submit their info to him. Odsa get lots of upcoming threads but not many actual flyers to link. Remember the old days when you actually had to "snail mail" flyers to clubs and then hoped they actually posted them.
            rewindb.com

Comment

Wow, man... talk about opening mouth and inserting foot. I think it would be easier to point out the things that Schlub got right than it would to point out the things he got wrong.

I think it is funny that Jub thinks Adam should pitch in a little around here. As if he were trying to help those he is arguing with...

I'll respond to the things that he got wrong about this site and allow someone else to defend/decry what had the potential to be a great site but is now not so much...

1. Vendors link is up. Perhaps if you pulled your head out for a second and clicked the link, you would see that.

2. Course Directory is up. Please click on Courses and see what happens.

3. It is stupid to try to reinvent the wheel. ODSA should have long ago turned the calendar over to Gawain. Another stupid decision on the owner's part.

Jub... seriously... the more you post, the less doubt there is that you are a buffoon who speaks before he thinks.
              ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
              ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

Originally posted by LJ Jubner View Post
                1 Edit = preview easy enough
                It's not the same and you know it. Fortunately, this HAS been added to the ODSA forum; I think the thread I had trouble with was an old one from before they allowed editing.

2 Moderator Adults should be capable of moderating themselves. Sounds good in theroy but lacks consistent implimentation.
                Which is why active moderators are needed. Besides, I wasn't talking about flame wars; I meant things like moving threads, creating new sub-forums, fixing broken links, etc. Not mention activating new accounts, which can be done automatically with the right software -- but ODSA still requires manual activation, and the mods have tended not to keep up with it.

3 Useful Content. Not up to odsa to start discusion. The lack of content is our responsability. Want ot hear a ruckus try dropping under/non used forum link's. In my opinion what your really saying is no gossip/bad blood you know DRAMA for you to amuse yourself with.
                I hate forum drama. By "useful content" I was talking about the non-discussion parts of ODSA, which are outdated and/or non-existent.

4 Site updates are something that takes time are you willing to give up your time to help odsa? What about here at NWDGN?
                Yes, what about it? Ask Sam whether I've given up any time to update things.

Not to bad mouth this site but
                1 no vendors link yet
                Are you freakin' kidding me???

2 What about the course directory here?
                The "course directory" information on this site takes the form of a sticky "Course Information" thread in EVERY course's sub-forum. (Example.) These sticky posts can be updated at any time, using input from all of the site's users. Granted, we haven't finished all of them yet; it takes some work. By the way, Jub, show me the Leverich Park entry on ODSA's course info page. No? How about Horning's Hideout? Trojan???

3 The only reason the calendar is here is because of Gawain's solo efforts to keep it updated and the fact TD's submit their info to him.
                Does it matter who created the calendar? The point is, this site has a prominent link to Gawain's very complete calendar, whereas ODSA.com still has a "schedule" link that until this past fall was empty and even now only lists a few tournaments.
                Oregon disc golf map

Comment

Memo
                  To: Site admin
                  Re: Sam & Jub
                  Please create a Sam and Jub Thread - guys really, we're tired of the repartee. We all support your right to have it but it would be better contained in its own area where those interested in watching and participating can. When it bleeds over into every discussion thread it slowly diminishes the site, odsa as the example. And a personal note - PLEASE
                  educate your thinking

Comment

J, I think we are discussing the subject at hand and it is appropriate for us to disagree here. I know you don't like the banter but if it is on topic and not "flaming" it is OK in my book. Others disagree?
                    ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

It has been so nice to not have to wade through it, until now. And you're right, it's not flaming...but I recognize the wood stacking that is currently under way.

On another note, I have a fiver for you, that I've been carrying for a few months.
                      educate your thinking

Comment

I hear you. You might have noticed that there have been a few occasions where he has left the bait out and I have turned the other way. Not easy to not respond but sometimes for the best.

Let's get together and golf soon. Been too long, friend.
                        ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

I think, overall, we'd prefer to see less Jub vs. Sam wars, but I don't think it's inappropriate in this thread, which is specifically about this site vs. ODSA -- a topic where Jub & Sam are on very different sides. So far the crap-flinging has been at least tangentially related to the topic at hand.
                          Oregon disc golf map

Comment

Originally posted by Adam Schneider View Post
                            I think, overall, we'd prefer to see less Jub vs. Sam wars, but I don't think it's inappropriate in this thread, which is specifically about this site vs. ODSA -- a topic where Jub & Sam are on very different sides. <SNIP>

I agree with this. I think the arguing here is pretty germane. I also think that this website is very well run. I am not trying to badmouth, but NWDGN reminds me of the attentive touch that Bart used to run ODSA with.
                            Ruining everyone else's fun since 1998.

Comment

Eric
                              I never met Bart but have heard people talk about the "good old days of ODSA" so that is definitely a compliment.
                              ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

Oh I agree with it all, and that NWDGN is now the preferred DG site in PDX. I like the look, format, and that until it became a compare/contrast of odsa it even lacked this long standing pissing match. Let's face it, we all know it exists, but what does it say about us? That we would prefer to continue senseless fighting that will solve nothing, as opposed to a live and let live stance. Well shit, then I say lets kill every person related to someone who was a Nazi, or has grand parents who lived in Japan during the 40s and lets just let the Jews kill every Palestinian in Gaza, including school kids and be done with it. Hell, just off anyone who doesn't agree with anything you believe.
                                The conflict exists, the only way it will ever end is when the parties concerned make the commitment to educate their thinking and change. If that isn't going to happen, well that's fine too, but move on, live your life, do more good than harm and who can fault you.
                                Eagles and doves.
                                educate your thinking

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X