X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ODSA or Northwest Disc Golf News?

I just went to ODSA and now that the message board is finally available, the date indicates that it is 3:29am on Dec. 6th. I believe it is currently 7:29pm in the Great Pacific Northwest.

I find myself skipping ODSA and checking here for updates on disc golf.

Northwest Disc Golf News is now the place to go for information!

Keep up the good work.

I agree that this is the better site, but to be fair to ODSA, you probably just need to set your time zone prefs over there. It shows the proper time for me.
    Oregon disc golf map

Comment

Since Sam got booted, I am now the #1 poster of all time on ODSA, so I still visit that site often. I get on here just as often now, and I agree that this is now the forum to go to to get the latest "real" info about DG in the NW
      All I want for Christmas is Sharpies and Rit Dye!!!!

Comment

I still check odsa but find most of the posting to be older than here. I like the nwdgn format much better, but am still willing to check odsa for any news that may not be posted here. By far the dg board I check most often is DGR; I really like its global outreach. DGR being global means I can skip the local politics and interact with a larger audience that is more focused on the game we love without our bouts of bickering. However, for news on the local pdx scene nwdgn is the most up to date.
        educate your thinking

Comment

I'm glad we have both. In case one goes down. I like this forum for the arcade games,
          Last edited by Jet; December 6th, 2008, 07:43 AM.
          "Operator! Give me the number for 911! " - Homer S.

Comment

Recenly discovered the Arcade...I'm a lush for time wasting fun like this

Comment

I've stopped checking ODSA due to the fact that I cannot for some strange reason get a new login. I simply updated my email address and bam, deactivated. It's been a month or so waiting to be reactivated. Oh well....
              Golf appeals to the idiot in us and the child. Just how childlike golf players become is proven by their frequent inability to count past five. - John Updike

Comment

Originally posted by all2common View Post
                I've stopped checking ODSA due to the fact that I cannot for some strange reason get a new login. I simply updated my email address and bam, deactivated. It's been a month or so waiting to be reactivated. Oh well....
                The same thing happened to me. I had to ask someone to send a PM to Jub so I could be reactivated. I wouldn't know how to go about it now that Jub is no longer on ODSA.

Comment

Originally posted by all2common View Post
                  You are fixed now. Not sure what is up with getting deactivated when you changed your email address. If anyone has account problems on odsa let me know and I will get you fixed up.
                  Current World Rank: 2857th
                  Lowest Rated Round: 777
                  Worst Tournament Finish: 2nd From DFL MA2 GNO 2008
                  Worst Drive: 10 Feet behind teepad
                  Shortest Putt Missed During a Tournament: < 1 foot (Not Kidding)
                  Best Fall: Hole 11 Trojan Park, before cement teepads
                  Dirtiest Ace: Hole 12 Horning's Canyon Course through the "V" tree.
                  Pairs of Shoes Ruined: 6

Comment

ODSA can be like the Emergency Broadcasting System for NW DG News.
                    "Operator! Give me the number for 911! " - Homer S.

Comment

Originally posted by keys View Post
                      You are fixed now. Not sure what is up with getting deactivated when you changed your email address. If anyone has account problems on odsa let me know and I will get you fixed up.
                      Thanks, Dustin!
                      Golf appeals to the idiot in us and the child. Just how childlike golf players become is proven by their frequent inability to count past five. - John Updike

Comment

Thank god for bot-proof auto-activation.
                        Oregon disc golf map

Comment

Originally posted by Jet View Post
                          ODSA can be like the Emergency Broadcasting System for NW DG News.
                          You are dating yourself with this reference Jet! The system is now called Emergency Alert System and has been since '94. EBS was in service for a long time for most of us '63-'94 and soon we will have to update to a newer system some time in '09 depending on when the FCC comes down with their decision.

I have been filling out EBS/EAS logs for many years...
                          Hath this whole world been mired in madness?
                          Remain ye men of faculty complete,
                          Of full arithmetic and prudence fair,
                          Attending to our noble bond and contract?
                          Or does here stand the last remaining man
                          To give a fig for rules and order yet,
                          No noble savage, but a stave unbroken
                          Who loves the law and bids it no misdeed.
                          Iíll not be bent to lawlessness. Mark it nought, if we be men of honour.

Comment