• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Disc Golf Goals for 2011

How did you do on your goals for 2010 and what are your goals for 2011
    heres how I did,
    2010 goals:
    1. Not lose a disc in running water! Failed, I lost two discs in running water.
    2. Consistently Drive 300'. Failed, though I am hitting betewwn 250' and 274' consistently
    3. Make 90% of putts from 30’. I am currently hitting 90% when less that 15' and 75% from 15' to 30'
    4. Play at least 18 holes every week. Sort of... if I average it out I come really close
    5. Play at least 4 courses I haven’t played. Completed +1 they were Pier, Dabney, Mt Adams lodge, Eastern Oregon University, Sorosis Park.
    6. Take at least 5 people to disc golfing that haven’t played. Almost, I took 4 people who never played
    7. Help organize and play in a tournament or league in Pendleton. Completed.

This year's goals are:
    1. Not lose a disc in running water!
    2. Consistently Drive 300'.
    3. Make 90% of putts from inside 30’.
    4. Play in at least 4 tournaments this year with at least one B-tier or higher tournament in the mix.
    5. Run a PDGA Sanctioned tournament.
    Last edited by Uhlman; November 30th, 2010, 01:28 PM.
    Throw What You Know.
    "Gravity, she's a harsh mistress." -The Tick
    PDGA# 45989

Goal 1-Put the disc in the basket.
    Goal 2-Remove the disc from the basket.
    Goal 3-Repeat goals 1 & 2.
    Click here

Challenge disc golf

Comment

2011 player rating > 2010 player rating

Comment

Originally posted by REDFIVE View Post
        Goal 1-Put the disc in the basket.
        Goal 2-Remove the disc from the basket.
        Goal 3-Repeat goals 1 & 2.
        Simple goals are best for some
        Throw What You Know.
        PDGA# 45989

Comment

Here are the goals I posted on last years thread, some of them make me feel little dissappointed about this year.

Bring my rating up to 950+ ------- Not close, got it up to 943, now it's down to 935
          Place in the top 3 of an advanced tournament ------- Yes! thrid in the Trojan Slosh last March.
          Play 15 new courses ------- I think I came close, one Cali road trip and Whistlers' trip put me at at least 10 if not 15
          Write 15 reviews for those courses ------ slacked off on this one, only wrote 7 this year.
          Reach a consistent 400' drive, I've been driving 350' for 4 years now ----- Still driving 330-350'
          Get some semblance of confidence in my sidearm ----- Success! After two years of ultimate, I now have a DG competent sidearm
          Feel confident with all my putter shots 175' and in ----- better than I was in 09, that's for sure.
          Start a disc golf club at my college and teach 10 new disc golfers ---- sadly no, being out of the country for the last 4 months hasn't helped though.

All in all, considering I haven't been able to play for the last 4 months, 2010 was good, but not great. I learned the hard way the problems with playing 4 back to back 2-day tournaments over the summer.

Here are my 2011 goals.

-Get my rating up to 950.
          -Place in the top 3 of at least 2 events in advanced (unless I somehow get super good and move up to pro)
          -Play another 20 new courses, especially more courses in Washington.
          -Work on building arm muscle strength and endurance to fight off nagging injuries (I think this year, that will be more crucial than raw distance).
          -Have more fun in competitive settings, less PDGA events, more fun small weekly events.
          -Convey exactly why disc golf is so freakishly addictive to my girlfriend.
          -Get my sidearm to 300+ feet consistently
          -Average 20 minutes of putting practice a day.

Here's to a great year of NW disc golf!!
          PDGA: #32726 rating: 930 StumptownDG: #31, Trojan Nation: Tag# 06
          dgcoursereview.com profile: http://www.dgcoursereview.com/profile.php?id=376

Comment

Originally posted by Joshua Olmsted View Post
            -Convey exactly why disc golf is so freakishly addictive to my girlfriend...
            Good luck with that one... But serioulsy get her involved, DG needs more women. Take her with you to some events and let her pick out (and buy for her) her own lightweight (160g or less) discs.
            Throw What You Know.
            PDGA# 45989

Comment

1. conquer my two hole breakdown pattern
              2. play with des reading and sarah stanhope at the Beaver State Fling (this one i can rely a little bit on luck with, not just hard work... who knows who i get to play with that first round...)
              3. no 7s
              "'There are two mantras.,' Bernard said, 'Yum and yuk. Mine is yum.'"
              Tom Robbins, Still Life With Woodpecker

Comment

Originally posted by Uhlman View Post
                Good luck with that one... But serioulsy get her involved, DG needs more women. Take her with you to some events and let her pick out (and buy for her) her own lightweight (160g or less) discs.
                I have found a more successful approach is getting them hooked on the social aspects of the disc golf community. Especially if there is some gossip involved. Human interactions are much more appealing than flying discs to the average female...
                Read this ^

Comment

Originally posted by DMajor View Post
                  I have found a more successful approach is getting them hooked on the social aspects of the disc golf community. Especially if there is some gossip involved. Human interactions are much more appealing than flying discs to the average female...
                  that works too... mixed doubles leauges are also a good way to "get her hooked"
                  Throw What You Know.
                  PDGA# 45989

Comment

Stop self destructing in tournaments.
                    Develop consistency in pressure putts
                    Fun.
                    Dye my own discs.
                    Get to Oregon for more then 24 hours
                    "Honest work is for the downtrodden and the Polish"
                    Cleveland Brown

Comment

Shoot a 1000 rated round
                      Win an Advanced Tourney
                      Gain some sort of putting consistency
                      A par is not a bogey.

Comment

Originally posted by DMajor View Post
                        ... women are less competetive than men as a general rule, and so the real trick is to be super supportive and nurturing (but, please, dear lord, don't try that with me... i'm too burly for that nonsense)... also, no heavy discs... and yes, gossip is excellent... i am an excellent gossip, maybe, mr. joshua olmstead, i should golf with your girlfriend... but also, help her out... make sure she gets the etiquette of the game and is in her comfort zone... make sure she likes the people you're playing with...

... oops, thread drift... my bad...

Comment

Originally posted by emmarose View Post
                          ... women are less competetive than men as a general rule, and so the real trick is to be super supportive and nurturing (but, please, dear lord, don't try that with me... i'm too burly for that nonsense)... also, no heavy discs... and yes, gossip is excellent... i am an excellent gossip, maybe, mr. joshua olmstead, i should golf with your girlfriend... but also, help her out... make sure she gets the etiquette of the game and is in her comfort zone... make sure she likes the people you're playing with...

... oops, thread drift... my bad...
                          Those are great points, Listen to Em, I followed her advice (especially on the discs) with my wife, granted she is a very competitive person to begin with. There are some great women golfers in the NW (several are on this forum). Josh, the biggest thing is to not pressure her or tell her she is doing it wrong once you get her on the course, also start he off with a midrange (stingray or the like) or putter. And since when have we cared about thread drift?
                          Throw What You Know.
                          PDGA# 45989

Comment

Originally posted by Uhlman View Post
                            Those are great points, Listen to Em, I followed her advice (especially on the discs) with my wife, granted she is a very competitive person to begin with. There are some great women golfers in the NW (several are on this forum). Josh, the biggest thing is to not pressure her or tell her she is doing it wrong once you get her on the course, also start he off with a midrange (stingray or the like) or putter. And since when have we cared about thread drift?
                            thanks

... and, while i do not throw one, i think the stingray is an excellent suggestion... teresa trueba rocks the stingray like nobody's business...

Comment

Thanks for the 2011 update and great idea to check in. No better way to reach your goals than to hold yourself accountable for them!

My 2010 goals:
                              My Personal Goals:
                              1. Play 50 courses I haven’t played yet - CHECK
                              2. Play in three states or countries I haven’t played in yet - British Columbia, California, Idaho
                              3. Continue to have fun - SUPERCHECK
                              4. Develop a reliable forehand - FAIL, wah-wah-wah

My goals to share with others:
                              1. Send in a petition/request for a new course somewhere near Seattle (whether I think it will be rejected or not) - Check with * (Only due to Keith's amazing efforts!)
                              2. Help the Seattle club grow and organize - Check again with an * because we're still moving slowly
                              3. Keep on bagging out the trash at courses everywhere - CHECK, bagged a goober-ton of trash
                              4. Get 18 nice baskets for the pretzelbowl! CHECK with help from tons of awesome friends

My 2011 GOALS
                              Personal:
                              1. Reach a total of 500 courses played (70 more to go - will be tricky!)
                              2. Finish playing every Washington and Oregon course
                              3. Continue to have fun
                              4. Get a bottle of goof off for my bag (taggers-what???)

Shared goals:
                              1. Help direct fun and different events for the Chainbangerz Club:
                              1a - At least 2 temp course events (PretzelBowl and...)
                              1b - Washington State SuperClass Championships
                              1c - Precursor to a state overalls
                              2. Keep bagging trash
                              3. Help the Chainbangerz DG Club develop a positive disc golf community in Seattle
                              'Weekend 4 Women':
                              Saturday, June 30th - Sudoku Showdown II - FREE PDGA XC Tier
                              Sunday, July 1st - Seattle SuperClassic - FREE PDGA XC Tier

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X