X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you throw in the snow?

Well do you? I never have till today! It was hella fun and super nice out at White River DGC. So do you throw in the snow?
    Hukin since 1992
    DGOD #115

The Baked One and I have played some great rounds at Juel Park in the snow. Juel definitely rocks as a snow course, but avoid it when the snow melts!

If you tape a strand of yarn to your disc, it can help to locate your disc if it gets buried.

I have also played SeaTac and Lakewood in the snow. I can't wait for some east coast Ice Bowl action!
    "I love it when a plan comes together" -John 'Hannibal' Smith

Comment

Yo! Fo sho, I throw in the snow, bro.

Alliteration aside, I've played a handful of rounds in the snow, including a quick round with 'One-Sock' Johnny at Silver Lake today. Did you put any sort of ribbon or string on your discs? If the snow gets too deep, I was thinking about sacrificing a few junker discs and drilling holes in them. I'll go check out dgcr to see what I can find out about what works best.
      Last edited by Toby Puttzinski; November 23rd, 2010, 05:25 PM.
      Don't just walk past that candy wrapper on the fairway-- I know you saw it!

Comment

Does the tape usually hold up for a round, budsman? Clear packing tape?
        Jerry-rigging a 'heated' bag would be nice! Line the bag with battery-powered socks or ?

Comment

I just got back from hornings wow thick snow it was 18 degrees and snow everywhere lots of fun
          PDGA # 31451
          2 Mini Aces
          74 Aces
          PEOPLE WHO HELP ME LOTS IN DISC GOLF
          DISC GOLF OR DIE
          BOB CABAL
          DISCVANGO
          JEFF ELLIOT
          G-MAN
          JORDAN LEWIS
          JEFF HAGERTY
          JAMES GARCELON
          SAM GIBSON

And always remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by those moments that take our breath away.

George Carlin

Comment

Originally posted by Toby Puttzinski View Post
            Jerry-rigging a 'heated' bag would be nice! Line the bag with battery-powered socks or ?
            Battery powered socks is what I suggested to line my golf bag AND the pouch-pocket of my pull-over polar flece jacket!! It should work right?
            Hukin since 1992
            DGOD #115

Comment

Originally posted by Toby Puttzinski View Post
              Hey there Bis!
              Clear packing tape is good. If it's cold enough, the tape won't get wet and fall off.

What about throwing ten or twenty hand warmer packets in the bottom of your bag?
              Kinda pricey, I would guess..
              "I love it when a plan comes together" -John 'Hannibal' Smith

Comment

Do you throw in the snow?

I'll tell you when I stop shivering.
                The Corporate Empire is NOT a Constitutional Republic...
                ...but it plays one on TV.

Comment

We live (most of us) in the Pac NW, if we didn't throw in the snow we'd only fet to play 7-8 months out of the year, on average! I don't know about you guys, but I get antsy after about 4 days of not playing!
                  Whenever I see a matress on top of a car, I think it's a prostitute making a house call!

Comment

I always use neon discs so it glows some in the snow.
                    Silver Lake was perfect today!
                    "What's in the bag", pdga #37977, dgcr #356, **Team Chainbanger'z**

You are never really playing an opponent. You are playing yourself, your own highest standards, and when you reach your limits, that is real joy.
                    -- Arthur Ashe

Comment

Whats Snow?

The Central Oregon Disc Golf Club (CODGC) aka "The Rebels" play Winter League every Sunday in Sisters...more often than not...in the snow.

Check out CODGC.com for details.

Comment

If I wanted to play disc golf (or do anything) in sub-freezing temperatures, I wouldn't have left Minnesota.
                        Oregon disc golf map

Comment

I just threw a round of superclass in the snow. The nice thing about superclass discs is you can leave your thick gloves on and still be able to make a decent throw (nice for wimps like me).

Comment

And they don't bury themselves in the snow as much...

Comment

got a good round in at steili today in the snow, despite having to dodge around the people sledding in the meadow. only had one buddy almost lose a disc under the snow but we found it eventually. and followed up the round with a few games of mini disc shuffle-board on the frozen puddles (small lakes?) in the parking lot. was a lot of fun despite the frigid temps.

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X