Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is there a script for dealing with ancient scrip?

I was wondering how some of you TD's/vendors deal with scrip that doesn't get used up at or soon after an event.
    How long do you peeps honor these certificates of indebtedness?
    He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
    - Anonymous

If it doesn't have an expiration date I would think until who ever issued it files for bankruptcy or goes out of business. Scrip is really a form of credit issued by the tournament paid to (or will be paid to) the vendor(s) named on the scrip upon redemption.
    Throw What You Know.
    "Gravity, she's a harsh mistress." -The Tick
    PDGA# 45989

Comment

Is there a NYSE (New York Scrip Exchange)? Maybe your old scrip has gone up in value.
      The Corporate Empire is NOT a Constitutional Republic...
      ...but it plays one on TV.

Comment

Originally posted by Ol' Bob View Post
        Is there a NYSE (New York Scrip Exchange)? Maybe your old scrip has gone up in value.
        Bob, I know the one holer will honor both your scrip and your level of play it's value represents.

HH
        jub the hater
        rewindb.com

Comment

Originally posted by Uhlman View Post
          If it doesn't have an expiration date I would think until who ever issued it files for bankruptcy or goes out of business. Scrip is really a form of credit issued by the tournament paid to (or will be paid to) the vendor(s) named on the scrip upon redemption.
          You can always try to contact the organization that issued the scrip to make sure itís still good.
          Throw What You Know.
          "Gravity, she's a harsh mistress." -The Tick
          PDGA# 45989

Comment

On a side note... all ams out there don't be jerks and horde scrip... It makes balancing the books tough and often becomes obsolete as new folks take over running tournaments an stuff like that. It is almost always better for all involved if you spend your scrip at the tournament that you win it at.

Comment

Originally posted by DexterHawk View Post
              On a side note... all ams out there don't be jerks and horde scrip... It makes balancing the books tough and often becomes obsolete as new folks take over running tournaments an stuff like that. It is almost always better for all involved if you spend your scrip at the tournament that you win it at.
              This is a very important detail. We have a wonderful relationship with Next Adventure, but expecting them to keep track of YOUR scrip indefinitely is a bit absurd. If you have scrip... USE IT. If you are saving up for something big, then contact the people in charge and ask them if you can hold it for a while. That way you know it wont expire AND they know what to expect.
              "You won't like me when I am angry, because I always back up my rage with facts and documented sources". - The Credible Hulk

Comment

Better to settle for whatever useless crap the vendors have on hand rather than wait for them to get something practical. God knows that will never happen.
                "I love it when a plan comes together" -John 'Hannibal' Smith

Comment

Originally posted by The Ombudsman View Post
                  Better to settle for whatever useless crap the vendors have on hand rather than wait for them to get something practical. God knows that will never happen.
                  Thanks for pointing out another nice thing about Next Adventure... you can use your scrip on whatever you want in their store; shoes, a tent, rain gear, discs... whatever. If you go home with something useless... you shop poorly.
                  "You won't like me when I am angry, because I always back up my rage with facts and documented sources". - The Credible Hulk

Comment

Originally posted by Bullseye View Post
                    Thanks for pointing out another nice thing about Next Adventure... you can use your scrip on whatever you want in their store; shoes, a tent, rain gear, discs... whatever. If you go home with something useless... you shop poorly.
                    This is the reason that some folks horde the scrip from Next Adventure; lord knows I don't win any to horde myself. However, before the 30-day expiration they allow you turn it into a gift card, which is then accounted for in their books. Bam, tent! Bam! Skis! Bam! Boots! BAM!
                    Golf appeals to the idiot in us and the child. Just how childlike golf players become is proven by their frequent inability to count past five. - John Updike

Comment

Originally posted by all2common View Post
                      This is the reason that some folks horde the scrip from Next Adventure; lord knows I don't win any to horde myself. However, before the 30-day expiration they allow you turn it into a gift card, which is then accounted for in their books. Bam, tent! Bam! Skis! Bam! Boots! BAM!
                      I'll remember that in the event that I ever win scrip for Next Adventure.

Comment

Originally posted by Bullseye View Post
                        And Kudos to NA for being the reliable retailer that they are.
                        They are definitely an exception to the rule.
                        "I love it when a plan comes together" -John 'Hannibal' Smith

Comment

Though I wasn't all that excited when I first realized Next Adventure scrip had an expiration date (though the gift card set-up is nice), it's certainly better than tournaments where you have to redeem scrip onsight, I've had numerous tournaments where I've been forced to purchase Innova discs, <shudder> because the TD assumed that everyone just threw that one brand.
                          PDGA: #32726 rating: 930 StumptownDG: #31, Trojan Nation: Tag# 06
                          dgcoursereview.com profile: http://www.dgcoursereview.com/profile.php?id=376

Comment

I feel scrip for PDGA events should have an expiration date of 1 year to date. If you have scrip from last years event it has to be redeemed by the end of the following years event. That way TD's can clear their books from previous years events.

Exceptions to the rule IMO would be smaller tiered events....

For example, the Willamette Valley Winter Series Scrip is going to be good through April 30th 2011. This way we can clear the books and move on to the larger Summer events. Friendly reminders will be issued as the date comes closer. This gives players over 40 days from the last Series event to contact myself or the Eugene Disc Golf Club to redeem.

We have records of each scrip voucher issued and redeemed. This way we know who has scrip remaining after each event. Inevitably we will run into a few stragglers. Lengths will be taken to ensure anyone with unused scrip have the opportunity to shop before the deadline.
                            Disc Golf Accessories

Comment

Originally posted by purediscgolf View Post
                              I feel scrip for PDGA events should have an expiration date of 1 year to date. If you have scrip from last years event it has to be redeemed by the end of the following years event. That way TD's can clear their books from previous years events.

Exceptions to the rule IMO would be smaller tiered events....

For example, the Willamette Valley Winter Series Scrip is going to be good through April 30th 2011. This way we can clear the books and move on to the larger Summer events. Friendly reminders will be issued as the date comes closer. This gives players over 40 days from the last Series event to contact myself or the Eugene Disc Golf Club to redeem.

We have records of each scrip voucher issued and redeemed. This way we know who has scrip remaining after each event. Inevitably we will run into a few stragglers. Lengths will be taken to ensure anyone with unused scrip have the opportunity to shop before the deadline.
                              A year is WAY too long in my opinion. Why should TDs have to track this stuff for over a year because people are to busy/lazy to cash in their scrip. I hate loose ends and this would definitely qualify.

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X