X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by brillo View Post
    speaking of mandos and Timber.....what about the mando from hole 3 that can no longer be marked since the tree is missing. it is a safety issue, should someone install a PVC pipe in one of the fence posts as a new marker?? or just leave it as is?
    Well, there is a new ribbon on the (now) first tree on the right side up by the basket. We've been playing the hole with that as a mando since the other tree came down.
    "You won't like me when I am angry, because I always back up my rage with facts and documented sources". - The Credible Hulk

Comment

It is a sad day when a key tree like that one goes away...
      Hath this whole world been mired in madness?
      Remain ye men of faculty complete,
      Of full arithmetic and prudence fair,
      Attending to our noble bond and contract?
      Or does here stand the last remaining man
      To give a fig for rules and order yet,
      No noble savage, but a stave unbroken
      Who loves the law and bids it no misdeed.
      Iíll not be bent to lawlessness. Mark it nought, if we be men of honour.

Comment

I don't understand why there needs to be a mando tree as long as the fence line is OB.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott View Post
          I don't understand why there needs to be a mando tree as long as the fence line is OB.
          Because without the mando tree a player can drive up the other fairway (over or through the OB fence) and try to hyzer skip it back in-bounds. That can make walking down the other fairway dangerous. That congested area of the course is already dangerous enough, the mandos keep it only mildly insane...
          Hath this whole world been mired in madness?
          Remain ye men of faculty complete,
          Of full arithmetic and prudence fair,
          Attending to our noble bond and contract?
          Or does here stand the last remaining man
          To give a fig for rules and order yet,
          No noble savage, but a stave unbroken
          Who loves the law and bids it no misdeed.
          Iíll not be bent to lawlessness. Mark it nought, if we be men of honour.

Comment

Yes, that's why we convinced Bob Horning to create a mando on #18 at Horning's Hideout. Originally he just had the #13 fairway marked as O.B., but that doesn't stop people on #18 from throwing in that direction and hoping to land in safe territory.
            Oregon disc golf map

Comment

I am hoping some tournaments start using mandos like the japan open did last summer, too cool...

Comment

Originally posted by snap7times View Post
                I am hoping some tournaments start using mandos like the japan open did last summer, too cool...
                You mean the vertical mandos?

Oregon disc golf map

Comment

Seriously? That looks ridiculous.
                  TROJAN NATION: zippyboy, bishop, wiseguy, jasonrocksout, Dan N., Ol' Bob, The Mentor, chris7graham, radsnowsurfer, ChUcK, J-Man, Keys, Over The Hill Bob, Tennesee, Haley, Jeep4x420, Scott Hill, JubJub, Jim Anderson, JLewis, Z-Man, Greg the Clown, Marcus B., Treelove, Trozzle, Brillo, D-Walk, my beloved (Amy), Tim, Leland (my dad), Bro, Peter, Michael, and Rolly. Anybody else?

Comment

In the past at the Hoover open we had a hole where you had to go through 2 soccer goals for a mando
                    "Putt" is a four letter word

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                    Collapse
                    No announcement yet.
                    Working...
                    X