X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cefire View Post
    Awesome Tom, thanks for all of the thoughts.

Practicing grenades in the cold is a dangerous thing indeed
    Funny story...

I was practicing rollers and grenades today at Terrace Creek Park and an older gentlemen was walking near the field where I throwing throwing, watching me and turns to me says "It's nice to see that someone is throwing a frisbee like I hit a golf ball". (HAHAHA, THANKS!!!!) I looked up laughing and said that I can hit a golf ball better than I throw a frisbee.

It does remind me of when my grandpa was trying to teach me to hit a golf ball when I was a kid. "KEEP YOUR HEAD STILL!!" "COME ON KID SLOW ON THE BACK SWING!" And while playing a round after I hit my tee shot: "HURRY UP, THERE'S PEOPLE BEHIND US, GO,GO,GO!!!" I guess you have to teach discipline early. (I was 5 or 6)

SuperClass is as frustrating as ball golf, twice the fun and 1/100 of the cost. It can turn a pitch and putt into an exciting round. We need more SuperClass events, people.
    Sometimes my mind boggles. It's so deep my mind actually boggles.

~ Cyndi Lauper ~

Comment

A SuperClass division is welcome at any Lake Stevens tourney, minimum 3-4 entrants.

Comment

Originally posted by sillybizz View Post
        I can hit a golf ball better than I throw a frisbee.
        Funny...I can throw a disc better than I can hit a golf ball.

Can't wait to get a new Zephyr for xmas--broke mine on a tree years ago...think I've got a Jaguar or two somewhere. Sure would like to see Innova press some Star or Pro large diameter stuff...a Star Zephyr would be an awesome disc
        Last edited by Burge; December 3rd, 2010, 11:25 PM.
        "When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace." -- Jimi Hendrix

Comment

Jaguar is not approved for Super Class and thus does not belong in the Super Class THREAD!

I thought I explained this.

~ Cyndi Lauper ~

Comment

Yeah a Star or Champ Zephyr would be sweeeet!
            'Weekend 4 Women':
            Saturday, June 30th - Sudoku Showdown II - FREE PDGA XC Tier
            Sunday, July 1st - Seattle SuperClassic - FREE PDGA XC Tier

Comment

Hey I forgot to mention that the Innova Starter Bags (available at Chainbangerz Disc Golf Shop in two different colors ) are so perfect for a SuperClass bag. They are deep enough that if you put your discs in there the zipper closes, they are cheap, have a drink holder, an outside pocket and also can hold up to nine SuperClass discs.

I bought a "Euroblend" fastback the other day in 145 grams and have yet to field test it but I'm hoping it's a little less touchy/flippy than the Super Hero; it is 10 grams heavier after all. We'll see.

~ Cyndi Lauper ~

Comment

I have some proto Champ Zephyrs around 195g that Dunipace sent me showing that they can't mold them very well. Not sure if Star would have the same problems. The rims are wavy and there are bubbles in spots. It's also super slick and hard to grip. But I loan them to others when playing Super Class cause they still fly about the same as DX.

Comment

Originally posted by sillybizz View Post
                  Jaguar is not approved for Super Class and thus does not belong in the Super Class THREAD!

I thought I explained this.
                  aaaawwwwwww guess I can't dig up a Condor either
                  "When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace." -- Jimi Hendrix

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck Kennedy View Post
                    Champ Zephyrs around 195g

Comment

Hey Chuck, what do you have in the bag these days?
                      'Weekend 4 Women':
                      Saturday, June 30th - Sudoku Showdown II - FREE PDGA XC Tier
                      Sunday, July 1st - Seattle SuperClassic - FREE PDGA XC Tier

Comment

I have a Te Moko 186, DX Zephyrs 160, 182 & 198 plus a warped flight plate Star SuperHero 184 for putting. If I'm on an open course when it's not too windy, I'll throw in a Champ 150 SuperHero for long tailwind shots and 50 ft putts. Sometimes I'll use a DX Super Hero around 198 for rolling but I seem to be able to handle the Zephyrs a little better for that.

Comment

I noticed earlier that someone mentioned that there weren't any Oregon players with a superclass rating. That's wrong, though. I moved to just over a year ago so it has me listed as Virginia but I'm a born and raised Oregonian. My superclass rating is 1002 making me the 8th ranked player in the world.

Comment

Andrew and I played Super Class yesterday at Terrace Creek. This is my favorite Super Class course so far. Some of the front nine holes are kind of lame but holes 1-4 and 8-18 are really good holes for it. I've played there 3 times now and my scores have been 73, 66, 73. Blyth Park in Bothell is also a really good course.

~ Cyndi Lauper ~

Comment

I tried out my brand new 153g DX Hero 235 today and I love it! I think it's going to replace my Superhero for those shots that must anhyzer and also short touch shots. I threw 6 different discs today (153g DX Hero 235, Te Moko, Zephyr, Star Hero 235, Superhero, 190g DX Hero 235) and the 153g went the farthest in a tail wind predictably.

~ Cyndi Lauper ~

Comment

Oh it's Super Class time again!!! Bringing back this thread for the four of us who care.

~ Cyndi Lauper ~

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X