X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Short but amazing disc stories

Who has one? I know they abound out there.

mine: A friend gave me a disc at the beginning of a round at Pier Park last Monday. I left it on hole 17 accidently and when I returned a few hours later to find it, it was nowhere to be found. It was sort-of out in the open so I figured someone picked it up. I was a little bummed they didn't call the clearly marked number on it honestly. Today, five days and who knows how many golfers later, another friend finds it sitting right where I threw it! How I couldn't find it and how no one else saw it for five days is crazy.
    I think that disc just earned a place in my bag.

I've told this one before, but it's still one of the best lost/returned disc stories I've ever heard.

A friend looses a disc. He searches and searches can't find it anywhere. A week or so later he gets a call from a carwash attendant. The attendent found his disc stuck in the grill of a customers car.
    A bad day on the golf course is better than a good day at work!

Comment

Last winter I had a great round of golf with Matthew on the Canyon course at HH. The sun was starting to go down and it was starting to get pretty cold when we got to the car. No keys. Retraced as much of the course as possible, but no luck. A week later, I'm out there again. I lay up my second shot just short of the swamp.....

and about six inches away from my keys.

Comment

I have an original Orion in Sirius plastic. I use it on the river hole at white river(13), its flippy for that RHBH. I lose it in the river, half hour later i get a call and get it back. Round 2 I loose it again in the river.. Round 3 I let some faster players play thru due to my slow ass. 3 holes later i get a call. found my disc!! Next day round 1 I loose disc in river again. Next hole I ace, 3 min later I get a call. Found disc again in river!! Round 2 I loose disc in river again. Next day I get a call from the first people to find disc in river, found again!! I pay reward this time. Round 3 random flip dubs. Partner is the guy who found my disc in river 2X now. I loose disc in river again, partner finds it again!! I ace hole 18 with said lost n found disc and get paid for dubs win!! I gave all money to my partner, well hey he found it 3X and earned that money!!
        Hukin since 1992
        DGOD #115

Comment

Good call on the honor system to give your partner the money. He truly deserved something after finding your disc 3 times. But, honestly, is that the disc you should be using for that river shot? Doesnt sound like it, lol
          All I want for Christmas is Sharpies and Rit Dye!!!!

Comment

Oregon disc golf map

Comment

Yeah, I'd say use a different disc.
              Support Disc Golf Tournament Solutions on Facebook

DG Tournament Solutions Webpage

Comment

Lost my first z nuke bout two months ago. Threw it on a giant hyzer route at downriver. Looked for 5-10 minutes and gave up because I had a backup in the bag. Ten minutes later I get a phone call saying i had to come see where my disc had ended up. Apparently my disc had caught a skip and landed on the bottom storage area of my friends kids stroller. Didn't even know he was there. Finished my round, played a second and threw my best round to date (3 under!).

Just never know where things will end up.
                "Honest work is for the downtrodden and the Polish"
                Cleveland Brown

Comment

My first ace was at Riverside on June 15, 2005. I threw my Beast as hard as I could on Blue 5 (heh, the hole is probably 200 feet) and slammed it into the chains.

My second ace was at Riverside on June 15, 2007. I threw a Wraith on Blue 13 (a much cooler hole to ace, especially with a driver).

I only have 5 or 6 aces in my disc golf career. It still trips me out that my first two aces are spaced apart by exactly two years and both occurred at the same course (not a course I play much). In retrospect, I can hardly believe I wasn’t golfing at Riverside on June 15, 2009.

I lost a disc in Fountain Hills, AZ and it was returned to me in Walla Walla, WA. I have golfed at each of those courses, maybe, 5-10 times each.
                  WA ST Approved PDGA Schedule

4DiscGolf - a tournament directors best friend!!!

Tournament Directors - register your event HERE

Comment

Originally posted by runnaman View Post
                    Yeah, I'd say use a different disc.
                    But its the perfect flip/anit hyzer RHBH. I just throw it too hard. Funny thing is I never go looking for this disc if its in the river. It just keeps getting returned.
                    Hukin since 1992
                    DGOD #115

Comment

Sounds like a lot of people in this thread are loosing their discs.

Make sure you throw RHBH or LHFH so that your disc spins clockwise. It works like a jar lid; this will make it tighten so you don't loose it.
                      We're at our best when it's from our hips

Comment

Originally posted by Parks View Post
                        Sounds like a lot of people in this thread are loosing their discs.

Make sure you throw RHBH or LHFH so that your disc spins clockwise. It works like a jar lid; this will make it tighten so you don't loose it.
                        Hah! Does this mean once the disc stops when it gets tight?
                        "Honest work is for the downtrodden and the Polish"
                        Cleveland Brown

Comment

Originally posted by General Scales View Post
                          Hah! Does this mean once the disc stops when it gets tight?
                          No... it means when you hit the ground, yer screwed!
                          "When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace." -- Jimi Hendrix

Comment

Originally posted by Mikk View Post
                            I have an original Orion in Sirius plastic. I use it on the river hole at white river(13), its flippy for that RHBH. I lose it in the river, half hour later i get a call and get it back. Round 2 I loose it again in the river.. Round 3 I let some faster players play thru due to my slow ass. 3 holes later i get a call. found my disc!! Next day round 1 I loose disc in river again. Next hole I ace, 3 min later I get a call. Found disc again in river!! Round 2 I loose disc in river again. Next day I get a call from the first people to find disc in river, found again!! I pay reward this time. Round 3 random flip dubs. Partner is the guy who found my disc in river 2X now. I loose disc in river again, partner finds it again!! I ace hole 18 with said lost n found disc and get paid for dubs win!! I gave all money to my partner, well hey he found it 3X and earned that money!!
                            that is a cool story and you are a cool guy to give himace money sweet
                            PDGA # 31451
                            2 Mini Aces
                            74 Aces
                            PEOPLE WHO HELP ME LOTS IN DISC GOLF
                            DISC GOLF OR DIE
                            BOB CABAL
                            DISCVANGO
                            JEFF ELLIOT
                            G-MAN
                            JORDAN LEWIS
                            JEFF HAGERTY
                            JAMES GARCELON
                            SAM GIBSON

And always remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by those moments that take our breath away.

George Carlin

Comment

Wild RHBH ani on hole #11 at Dexters..goes across road towards hole #10 and down it's fairway. When I go to retrieve it, a guy is coming up from #10 with an astonished look on his face with my disc in his hand. Turns out my drive nailed his drive mid flight. What are the chances?

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X