X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Disc Golf Photography

I like taking pix of disc golf as much as playing it. So here ya go, some pix at the white river course 11-07-2010..
    Hukin since 1992
    DGOD #115

my favorate pic...you can see the disc just outa my hand!!
    Hukin since 1992
    DGOD #115

Comment

Here is some safari style, 18 blue t-pad to basket 1.
      Thats me throwing a 175 Gateway Spirit RHBH.

http://nwdiscgolfnews.com/forum/pict...&pictureid=524
      Hukin since 1992
      DGOD #115

Comment

Great Pics. Makes me want to break out my N80 and head on down to the course. (yeah I said N80... as in camera with film)
        Throw What You Know.
        "Gravity, she's a harsh mistress." -The Tick
        PDGA# 45989

Comment

I like film, kodachrome to be exact (black n white). I'm gona learn how to develope film over the winter as I have enough space to setup in the garage.
          I shot 271 pix from hole 14 thru 18, so I guess digital is better for that. However true film gives the best photos!! Its just alot harder to get the action shots.
          Hukin since 1992
          DGOD #115

Comment

Originally posted by Mikk View Post
            I like film, kodachrome to be exact (black n white). I'm gona learn how to develope film over the winter as I have enough space to setup in the garage.
            I shot 271 pix from hole 14 thru 18, so I guess digital is better for that. However true film gives the best photos!! Its just alot harder to get the action shots.
            I love film developing. I just wish I had the space for it. If you roll your own film, you can get up to 100 shots on a roll, though digital is the way to go do to the sheer number of shots you can waste(love the delete function). Film and memory however, are the cheapest parts of photography.
            I am going to assume you have a digital SLR and film SLR camera of similar qualityfot this next part. Remember for film a lower ISO speed (200) film has better enlarging qualities then a faster speed (800) however, a lower speed ISO film requires more light than faster speed film and thus slows your shutter speed. The same is true in digital but with picture quality a lower quality picture takes faster pictures but sucks for enlargement and a better quality picture is slower but enlarges better. (but Iím sure you already knew that). Some digital cameras allow you to choose your ISO setting to mimic film speed (which is awesome).
            Did you know, you can use the same paper for digital that you use for traditional photography, you just need to develop the paper first then use your high quality photo printer to print the pictures.
            Throw What You Know.
            PDGA# 45989

Comment

I didn't know the photopaper trick, thanks!! Yes I have bolth types of SLR cameras, Nikon d70 and my dads Minolta he got while in Vietnam. I do want to pickup a wide-angle lens piece for disc golf shots. I was hoping the Nikon would be able to shoot faster than 3 photos a second, but mines an older unit so I use what I have. I'd like to get about 10 shota a second but thats a $$$ camera.
              I never realized just how fast a drive was until I tried to take multi-burst photos of one in action. From the first step into a drive till the release is less than .8 seconds(give or take)!!
              Hukin since 1992
              DGOD #115

Comment

I didn't know the photopaper trick, thanks!! Yes I have bolth types of SLR cameras, Nikon d70 and my dads Minolta he got while in Vietnam. I do want to pickup a wide-angle lens piece for disc golf shots. I was hoping the Nikon would be able to shoot faster than 3 photos a second, but mines an older unit so I use what I have. I'd like to get about 10 shota a second but thats a $$$ camera.
                I never realized just how fast a drive was until I tried to take multi-burst photos of one in action. From the first step into a drive till the release is less than .8 seconds(give or take)!!
                Your D70 should have to option to change the shutter speed. Set your shutter speed to 1/8000 in shutter priority mode. This will allow 3 frames a second. You D70 is faster than my N80 which shoots 2.5 FPS at max shutter speed. As far as shutter speeds go the Nikon has one of the fastest. There may even be firmware update to allow a faster FPS but it is really based on how fast the mirror can swing up and down on the SLR. You might be able to lock the mirror up on the d70 but I am unsure on that. If you really want your entire drive use a video camera pull out the images you want using a video editing software windows move maker is great (for that) and usually comes with most PCs standard.
                Throw What You Know.
                PDGA# 45989

Comment

Originally posted by Uhlman View Post
                  Your D70 should have to option to change the shutter speed. Set your shutter speed to 1/8000 in shutter priority mode. This will allow 3 frames a second. You D70 is faster than my N80 which shoots 2.5 FPS at max shutter speed. As far as shutter speeds go the Nikon has one of the fastest. There may even be firmware update to allow a faster FPS but it is really based on how fast the mirror can swing up and down on the SLR. You might be able to lock the mirror up on the d70 but I am unsure on that. If you really want your entire drive use a video camera pull out the images you want using a video editing software windows move maker is great (for that) and usually comes with most PCs standard.
                  3fps is the best you can get out of the d70 When it came out that was amazing for a digital camera to capture and clear the buffer that quick.
                  The updated d80 (my current baby) pulls 5 or 7 fps and you can run it until the card fills up. Of course this is based on ideal light conditions
                  Great one more thing I can talk to you about while playing disc golf.

Comment

I'm gona be at white river after work today taking pix and mabe throwing a disc or two. I'll try to up the shutter speed and see what happens. I have tried to get pix off of video but the res quality was poor due to a cheapo camera. who knows mabe for christmas I'll get a couple of new discs and a hi-def video camera!!
                    Hukin since 1992
                    DGOD #115

Comment

Originally posted by Cerrgurry View Post
                      3fps is the best you can get out of the d70 When it came out that was amazing for a digital camera to capture and clear the buffer that quick.
                      The updated d80 (my current baby) pulls 5 or 7 fps and you can run it until the card fills up. Of course this is based on ideal light conditions
                      Great one more thing I can talk to you about while playing disc golf.
                      d80
                      Throw What You Know.
                      PDGA# 45989

Comment

I'm gona be at white river after work today taking pix and mabe throwing a disc or two. I'll try to up the shutter speed and see what happens. I have tried to get pix off of video but the res quality was poor due to a cheapo camera. who knows mabe for christmas I'll get a couple of new discs and a hi-def video camera!!
                        if you are going to ask for a new camera ask for a D80... it does every thing your D70 does plus video and you can use just about any nikon f-mount compatable lens out there.
                        Throw What You Know.
                        PDGA# 45989

Comment

Question for all you DG photogs out there: Do you take a tripod or monopod with you when you play and are taking pictures?
                          Throw What You Know.
                          PDGA# 45989

Comment

thought about the tripod for today but I had little time.. I do wana mono pod and wide angle lenses!!
                            Last edited by Mikk; November 8th, 2010, 05:22 PM.
                            Hukin since 1992
                            DGOD #115

Comment

Was getting some good pix today at White River DGC 11-08-2010...
                              Hukin since 1992
                              DGOD #115

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X