X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Basket tagging is vandalism...

arghhhhhhh.. I was playing a round and doing some simple work around the Jerry Miller DGC @ Camp Taloali and get to fairway 8 to see the tree in front of the tee had been knocked down, now I can't point fingers and only ask the caretakers to see if they can put it back up. Now here came the annoying and frustrating part, I get up to hole 10 basket and notice something on the new orange stickers I had just put on baskets 5-18 less than 2 weeks ago. Someone had tagged their ace on number 10 yesterday on the basket! Whoever is named "PD21B", good for you on your ace, but do you sign every woman you go to bed with? NOOO, sign your disc, your dic#, whatever is YOURS, but dont sign every partner you been with, if we all did that, half our population would be covered by tagging... It costs us time and money to maintain and improve the course, and people knocking over trees and tagging our baskets make it worse.

Although if you tagged every person you were with sexually, it would make it easier to tell who is a slut.
    Sometimes my mind boggles. It's so deep my mind actually boggles.

~ Cyndi Lauper ~

Comment

I kinda always wondered why there isn't a place on the basket MADE FOR signing aces...

It seems like inside the rim, on the number plate, or some other place COULD easily be adapted for just this purpose but people just complain about the process instead. Aces are a wonderful part of our sport and I feel players SHOULD have a place to be recognized for their accomplishments, on the course.

I find that the tags provide personality to the hole.
      It's nice to see that a hole that has 2 aces in 2 years... It does get overwhelming on the holes that get aced every week and tagged every week, though.

Harder holes would be one way to curb the practice.
      When a ball dreams, it dreams it's a Frisbee.

Comment

I agree with jshrack. I like seeing aces INSIDE the rim, small initials with the date. I hate looking down the fairway and seeing peoples tags all over the outside though.
        Whenever I see a matress on top of a car, I think it's a prostitute making a house call!

Comment

that only works on the yellow bands of a innova basket... most baskets are dga or chingstars which have no where for this except on the pole. Just think of it this way, when ESPN starts videotaping the sport, do we want to see our superstars putting at baskets that have black markings all over it? Imagine if golfers did this on their flagpoles and their cups... This is why we sign the disc, so we can show everyone our discs... and sillybizz, if it were that easy ehh...

Comment

Seriously......tagging the basket? What? That is so super gay.

I dont even like tagging my discs.........never did. I have had a few tagged and i personally think it looks like shit. Of course, just a personal view......that is what these forums are for.....right?
            WHEN I GROW UP I WANT TO BE A SPIDER BITE.

Comment

Agreed, except substitute "not cool" for "gay" please!

It looks like garbage and graffetti to everyone else who doesn't play and to many who do play. Seems like a straightforward topic to those who aren't obsessed with marking down their "accomplishments" on public property.
              'Weekend 4 Women':
              Saturday, June 30th - Sudoku Showdown II - FREE PDGA XC Tier
              Sunday, July 1st - Seattle SuperClassic - FREE PDGA XC Tier

Comment

I like Graffiti in the right place... and that's not baskets or tee pads. Go tag a train with your accomplishment. Just make it artistic.

Comment

Originally posted by cefire View Post
                  Agreed, except substitute "not cool" for "gay" please!

It looks like garbage and graffetti to everyone else who doesn't play and to many who do play. Seems like a straightforward topic to those who aren't obsessed with marking down their "accomplishments" on public property.
                  What Andrew said, completely.

I did see at Fredrickson DGC in Poulsbo that they had a board on their kiosk for the sole purpose of aces and you see lots of them on those boards and none on the baskets.

~ Cyndi Lauper ~

Comment

tree got put back up, going to put some stuff to protect those trees on 7 and 8 soon and putting new stickers on hole 10, thanks to "pd21b"... Hope those who played the course with the new 4 alt pins enjoyed the new changes and are excited for the new changes to come...

Comment

Originally posted by jshrack View Post
                      I kinda always wondered why there isn't a place on the basket MADE FOR signing aces...

It seems like inside the rim, on the number plate, or some other place COULD easily be adapted for just this purpose but people just complain about the process instead. Aces are a wonderful part of our sport and I feel players SHOULD have a place to be recognized for their accomplishments, on the course.

I find that the tags provide personality to the hole.
                      It's nice to see that a hole that has 2 aces in 2 years... It does get overwhelming on the holes that get aced every week and tagged every week, though.

Harder holes would be one way to curb the practice.
                      You give a great argument why signing baskets is an asinine practice.
                      "I love it when a plan comes together" -John 'Hannibal' Smith

Comment

Originally posted by Kris C View Post
                        I agree with jshrack. I like seeing aces INSIDE the rim, small initials with the date. I hate looking down the fairway and seeing peoples tags all over the outside though.
                        You guys are part of the problem.
                        "I love it when a plan comes together" -John 'Hannibal' Smith

Comment

It's only a problem if you disagree. When it's inside the rim, only players will see it and then it's personal preference whether or not you like it or don't. Outside the rim or on the pole looks tacky, IMHO.
                          Whenever I see a matress on top of a car, I think it's a prostitute making a house call!

Comment

and anyone who really matters is probably in the group anyway, it's just bad manners
                            'J'
                            educate your thinking

Comment

Originally posted by Kris C View Post
                              It's only a problem if you disagree. When it's inside the rim, only players will see it and then it's personal preference whether or not you like it or don't. Outside the rim or on the pole looks tacky, IMHO.
                              It's still vandalism. Saying it's OK on the inside of the rim is like saying it's OK to gang tag on abandoned buildings because no one will see it but it's still wrong and still has to be cleaned up.

~ Cyndi Lauper ~

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X