Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Maybe it's just a matter of semantics, but the definition of vandalism is: "Willful or malicious destruction of public or private property." Tagging for an ace doesn't destroy anything, public or private. I don't want to see gang signs or anything else, but getting an ace is a huge deal in our sport, and I like to see others successes. I never said it was OK, I simply stated that it doesn't bother me if it's on the inside rim.
    Whenever I see a matress on top of a car, I think it's a prostitute making a house call!

Comment

Originally posted by Kris C View Post
      Maybe it's just a matter of semantics, but the definition of vandalism is: "Willful or malicious destruction of public or private property." Tagging for an ace doesn't destroy anything, public or private.
      So writing on other people's stuff isn't vandalism? Tell that to the cops when they catch you using a sharpie on a bus bench; see what they think.
      Oregon disc golf map

Comment

I think you miss my point.
        There are options to be had.
        Rather than complaining about the problem...
        you can be part of the solution.
        When a ball dreams, it dreams it's a Frisbee.

Comment

Solution is sign the disc, not the basket. As for the "inside the rim", that only works on Innova baskets, which are not the majority of baskets out there. And the baskets were put in by hard working people who most of the time do not like it, I put hundreds of hours into the course and have another 100 planned, don't do it! I'll be out there tomorrow replacing the tagged stickers tomorrow and looking for some reported lost discs.

Comment

and you continue to complain...

Comment

We will all continue to complain until you agree to stop defacing other people's property. Deface your own damn discs, or buy some baskets and put them on your land and write on them all you want.
              Oregon disc golf map

Comment

Comment

Tagging a basket after an ace is vandalism, pure and simple.

Now, as for the a-hole that tagged the basket because he got a "turkey".....

Comment

You know, this might be the 10th time I've seen and read the exact same arguments in the exact same thread. I guess I don't fully grasp the degree to which people get worked up. Have I ever written on any object on a DG course, no, when I FINALLY get my dang first ace, I certainly won't sign the basket, but I think were better served frying some of the bigger fish in the vandalism pool, or at least thinking of creative solutions. Seeing trash, destruction of vegetation, tagging over tee sign info or info kiosks gets me a lot more aggravated. I'll even (gasp!) admit that I've seen a few holes with an ace tag where I said to myself "I'm glad to know that some amazingly big-armed golfer actually nailed that hole." The idea of a designated place to write down aces sounds cool, that might actually discourage basket tagging, because I'm positive that most of the perpetrators don't read this forum and have no real connection to the DG community.

Though tis' true that turkey tagging is trivial and tacky.
                    PDGA: #32726 rating: 930 StumptownDG: #31, Trojan Nation: Tag# 06
                    dgcoursereview.com profile: http://www.dgcoursereview.com/profile.php?id=376

Comment

Marking a basket is pretty tacky, regardless of the reasoning. I do not care either which way about your ace, nor do most people.

Comment

Enough of the Ethnic hate speech Sillybiz. Some of our ancestors sacked Rome, and it needed it!

Please use 'the V word'.
                        Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man. - The Dude, 1998.

Comment

The Vandals get more credit than they deserve, for not having closed the deal in Rome.

Get you a can of Tag-Be-Gone and carry it in your bag.
                          The Corporate Empire is NOT a Constitutional Republic...
                          ...but it plays one on TV.

Comment

Originally posted by sillybizz View Post
                            I did see at Fredrickson DGC in Poulsbo that they had a board on their kiosk for the sole purpose of aces and you see lots of them on those boards and none on the baskets.
                            Sounds like a reasonable solution without all the bitching...

Comment

Hmmm... The limited number of courses I've played, so far, made me feel like it's just s.o.p. to tag the pole(sticker) after an ace. I did for my 1st one, and I've always kind of enjoyed seeing someone had aced a specific hole. I didn't realize it is frowned upon... and seems a little petty in the whole scheme of things... there is no malicious intent when signing an ace. That being said... I'll maybe not do it in the future.

Comment

Trouble is, the next guy to do it might think he's John Hancock, and then see where it goes.

It's just ego, ain't it?
                                The Corporate Empire is NOT a Constitutional Republic...
                                ...but it plays one on TV.

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X