Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The baskets in the pictures that are posted on Val's facebook page don't have any writing on them. Val and Nate have been touring Australia for the past couple of months, and she has been regularly posting the pictures from her trip on facebook.

Poimena Disc Golf Course
    Hobart, Tasmania, Australia
    Next Adventure Flight Crew Member
    2013 Chick Flick co-TD
    Stumptown #176
    PDGA #37716

Comment

• Obviously she photoshopped her pictures
      Read this ^

Comment

• Originally posted by JMan View Post
        We were out at Stub today...butter...with a little whisky and some elbow grease one of our group was able to, for the most part, rid hole of meagan's vandalism.
        I was out last Saturday and I attempted to use some cleaner and rag on baskets 4 and 11 to remove graffiti. I was not able to completely clean the baskets but I managed to reduce the glare of it. I was hoping to return this weekend and finish the job. Thanks Jman for taking care or it for me.

I do not like the basket tagging and that is all it is tagging. I would like to remind everyone that the baskets are now the property of the state parks and if one would be caught performing this act they would be under the penalty of the State! Please do us all a favor and take a picture or sign your disc but please do not tag the baskets and ask others in your group to also avoid the urge to do this. If we can not prevent this act, we will be forced to make all holes, non-aceable!!!!!!!!!!!
        PDGA #25296
        Stumptown #34

Comment

• Originally posted by DMajor View Post
          Obviously she photoshopped her pictures
          Absolutely.
          Apparently she was very mad at Nate. It almost cost him the relationship.
          "I love it when a plan comes together" -John 'Hannibal' Smith

Comment

• damnnnn it Caleb A.!!!! Hole 16 Long at taloali... Today 3 of us were cleaning up the fairways to get ready for the wood chipper coming in this week or next week and I noticed this hugeeeee black marking up and down the pole... really?!? An ace on that position is great, but ya had to write hugeeee on the pole, not on the sticker which can be taken off, but the pole??? Now I gotta add to the long list of things I want to do to the course in the next month before the May 14-15 tournament... Anyone know a Caleb A that just aced at taloali, do me a favor and tell him to clean it up...
            And someone had put a sticker on 15's pole as well which came off nicely but really... people think they can do wahtever they want with stuff that isn't theirs...

Comment

• Originally posted by snap7times View Post
              damnnnn it Caleb A.!!!! Hole 16 Long at taloali... Today 3 of us were cleaning up the fairways to get ready for the wood chipper coming in this week or next week and I noticed this hugeeeee black marking up and down the pole... really?!? An ace on that position is great, but ya had to write hugeeee on the pole, not on the sticker which can be taken off, but the pole??? Now I gotta add to the long list of things I want to do to the course in the next month before the May 14-15 tournament... Anyone know a Caleb A that just aced at taloali, do me a favor and tell him to clean it up...
              And someone had put a sticker on 15's pole as well which came off nicely but really... people think they can do wahtever they want with stuff that isn't theirs...
              I'm sure has been said before but a MAGIC ERASER quickly removes sharpie from metal. I've denied at least four aces at my local course.

Comment

• I find it hard to believe that people in this thread are "on the fence" about basket tagging. I get that an ace is a moment worth commemorating and also that it's cool to see that someone got a challenging basket in one. Looking back on this thread, though, the guys that do the work on the majority of courses in our area feel tags are an eye sore. That's really what makes my mind up on the issue of tags.

We, in the Portland area, are blessed with a dedicated group who really take time to create and maintain courses for people to play on ( you guys rock!). If the people who work to maintain the field that you practice your avocation on feel tagging a basket is a foul why would you even argue? Especially when the hard working folk who make sure your course is playable feel basket tagging is an insult. Tag your disc instead it's a no brainier.

Comment

• Originally posted by Knuckles Dakota View Post
                  I find it hard to believe that people in this thread are "on the fence" about basket tagging. I get that an ace is a moment worth commemorating and also that it's cool to see that someone got a challenging basket in one. Looking back on this thread, though, the guys that do the work on the majority of courses in our area feel tags are an eye sore. That's really what makes my mind up on the issue of tags.

We, in the Portland area, are blessed with a dedicated group who really take time to create and maintain courses for people to play on ( you guys rock!). If the people who work to maintain the field that you practice your avocation on feel tagging a basket is a foul why would you even argue? Especially when the hard working folk who make sure your course is playable feel basket tagging is an insult. Tag your disc instead it's a no brainier.
                  Bravo!
                  A stellar first post, Mr. Dakota.
                  "I love it when a plan comes together" -John 'Hannibal' Smith

Comment

• Such clear reasoned thinking is truly scary. It worries me.
                    The Corporate Empire is NOT a Constitutional Republic...
                    ...but it plays one on TV.

Comment

• I come from a course where the signs where all marked up because idiots thought it would be cool to commemorate their ace. Besides the fact that the holes they aced were more like a good up shot, it looks UGLY!

What is wrong with writing your ace on the disc? I think that is a better idea because you get to keep the memory with you and can show it off anywhere not just at that course, at that hole.

Comment

• Casual park user walks through the park with the course on it and sees people writing all over public property with sharpies... public employee that was on the fence about the new course installed on public land spends his workday removing basket tags... kids watching grown ups graffiti public works, having a good time doing it, and making it look cool.

Think of the perception you are creating of our sport. Think of all the "I hate disc golf" or "course in danger of being shut down" threads that have been here in the last year. Stop and think about anything other than yourself just for a second.

You are breaking the law, casting a poor light on our sport, and pretty much saying "screw you" to everyone who has every worked on the course, help put in the course, and maintained the course, and people who enjoy playing the course. Why?

Sign the disc, get your achievement over on discgolfscene, take a picture of it.
                        FORE! Youth 2011 http://www.discgolfscene.com/tournam...RE_Youth_2011/

Comment

The Corporate Empire is NOT a Constitutional Republic...
                          ...but it plays one on TV.

Comment

• Been watching this conversation for a few days and thought it might be time to drop my .02.

While I don't agree with the practice of signing baskets, to group "taggers" and graffiti artists in with the same guys sign their name on a basket after a hole in one is a bit short sighted in my opinion. Granted, I agree it makes it look bad, gives us a bad image, makes parks looks shoddy, yada, yada; to do so would be like non-disc golfers saying all disc golfers are "stoners". Stereotyping people is something I thought we PNW folk didn't do.

In my experience, 90% of the people I've seen sign baskets are beginners who have just gotten their first ace, and are following what they've seen others do in the past. If we work to educate newbies on the correct way to play and score disc golf, in a few years we will have clean baskets. Until then, maybe our local park stewards could take a small can of acetone with them during a round once a month? I've always found that leading by example is the best way to get people to change a specific action. Also, do any of the parks have a notice on their rules signs to "Please do not sign the baskets"?

Just curious.
                            Last edited by Bad Finger; May 31st, 2011, 07:30 AM.

Comment

• If you tag a basket after an ace you are a dooshbag! I personally don't care about your ace. That's what your disc is for. Mark it and hang it on your wall.
                              www.rewindb.com

Comment

• Originally posted by Ol' Bob View Post
                                That is fairly accurate.
                                Disc golf ruined my life.

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X