...and I thought the DG scene in Seattle was suffering. Reykjavik what? Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ol' Bob View Post
    With the world's weakest noodle arm, <150g R-Pro Bosses are the longest drivers in my bag. I still wish they'd make them in DX so the effective life would be longer than the R-Pro/cheese factor. Cheese just doesn't make for disc sweet-spot longevity.
    Have you tried a lighter weight Pro Boss? I got tired of replacing the R-Pro bosses on a per-round basis and switched to Pro. More durable, and when they get beat it seems to be more of a fine tuning than going completely sideways. Not sure if they make a 150, but I found some in the 160s that work almost as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Jaemes View Post
      Seems you have pretty strong opinions on these 3 discs, what do think are better discs?
      I don't really know as I don't throw those. Who would want to throw something called the Puke?

The chairman guy mentioned a couple of plots of land that he had his eyes on for future courses, one of which I had stomped around while lost in south Reykjavik, and it is prime, fertile land for some links, as long as they can get rid of all the volcanic rock in the area ( )

Yeah, I thought about adding some commentary but I couldn't think of too many positive things to say about the course so I just kept my trap shut. I hope the future of Icelandic Frisbigolf has some length and intelligent design in its future...
      The only thing miraculous about ICP is the fact that their children look like them...

Comment

you, chuck, have a future in disc golf travelogues... super entertaining read... where are you going golfing next? i can't wait to read about it... i've heard they have a nine hole course at mcmurdo (oh, i totally don't know how to spell that) down antarctica way...

peace,
        emmarose
        "'There are two mantras.,' Bernard said, 'Yum and yuk. Mine is yum.'"
        Tom Robbins, Still Life With Woodpecker

Comment

Originally posted by Ol' Bob View Post
          With the world's weakest noodle arm, <150g R-Pro Bosses are the longest drivers in my bag. I still wish they'd make them in DX so the effective life would be longer than the R-Pro/cheese factor. Cheese just doesn't make for disc sweet-spot longevity.
          Longest most certainly does not always mean best.

Also, you've been playing for long enough that you can probably control an R-Pro Boss somewhat. A newer player is going to be stall-hyzering all over the course with one.

Chuck, I'm assuming that they spoke a lot of English, rather than you knowing a lot of Byorkayork? Or are you that well-traveled?
          We're at our best when it's from our hips

Comment

Originally posted by Parks View Post
            Also, you've been playing for long enough that you can probably control an R-Pro Boss somewhat. A newer player is going to be stall-hyzering all over the course with one.

Chuck, I'm assuming that they spoke a lot of English, rather than you knowing a lot of Byorkayork? Or are you that well-traveled?
            Bob doesn't like to throw Gouda.

Hell yeah, everybody here speaks English. The only Icelandic I have learned is "kartoflur" which I used as a curse whenever my impeccable Viking went awry. That means the locals quickly tired of me yelling "POTATO!" at my disc in flight.
            The only thing miraculous about ICP is the fact that their children look like them...

Comment

Originally posted by ChUcK View Post
              I don't really know as I don't throw those. Who would want to throw something called the Puke?
              Perhaps someone who can't read or spell.

Comment

Perhaps, perhaps, perrrrrrrrrrrr..................haps. Although I suppose they would have to be deaf and dumb, and understand neither ASL nor mimed uvula tickling.

Aaaanyways, The Icelandic DG community has my email address, and I promised them that if they ever came to the PacNW that I would hook them up with a guide at whatever course they were closest to. One of them is a pilot for Icelandic Air, so there's a decent chance I'll have to make good on my promise. I assume there will not be a lack of volunteers via NWDGN? Don't worry, they won't smoke all your weed, and their accented English is delightful. It is entirely possible that they'll advance ahead of the away player (an oddly absent bit of course courtesy there) but that's an easy habit to beat out of somebody.

Comment

Fantastic read way to rep good ol' american plastic huckin' ahhhhh potato there goes my disc again

Comment

Originally posted by Bridges View Post
                    ahhhhh potato there goes my disc again
                    EXACTLY

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Hemmerling View Post
                      Perhaps someone who can't read or spell.
                      So in other words, most disc golfers?
                      Untwist thine undergarments, 'tis but a Frisbee.

Comment

bravo way to go very nice to read this cant wait for next one
                        PDGA # 31451
                        2 Mini Aces
                        74 Aces
                        PEOPLE WHO HELP ME LOTS IN DISC GOLF
                        DISC GOLF OR DIE
                        BOB CABAL
                        DISCVANGO
                        JEFF ELLIOT
                        G-MAN
                        JORDAN LEWIS
                        JEFF HAGERTY
                        JAMES GARCELON
                        SAM GIBSON

And always remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by those moments that take our breath away.

George Carlin

Comment

Don't trust these people over here, as they have a tradition of pillaging.
                          The Corporate Empire is NOT a Constitutional Republic...
                          ...but it plays one on TV.

Comment

Originally posted by ChUcK View Post
                            Perhaps, perhaps, perrrrrrrrrrrr..................haps.
                            Great song, great commentary, fun read... Honestly, reading this just further makes me wish there were at least one disc golf course in any of the three countries I'm traveling through this semester abroad: Guatemala, El Salvador and Nicaragua. I was almost tempted to plan out a huge road trip to play Panama's sole course.
                            PDGA: #32726 rating: 930 StumptownDG: #31, Trojan Nation: Tag# 06
                            dgcoursereview.com profile: http://www.dgcoursereview.com/profile.php?id=376

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                            Collapse
                            No announcement yet.
                            Working...
                            X