Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I just played Riverside as proposed by John Anderson the other day and loved it. Loved all but the part where my star sidewinder ended up in the river on hole #13. Dayum.

Comment

• i understand how all the locals feel about the club coming in and changing things. however, there are new developments as well as old problems which need to be addressed.

the wetlands issue could get your park closed. i know some would like to call the parks department's bluff, but this issue cannot be ignored. if we continue to mistreat their wetlands marked area, they can and quite possibly will come in and close the park. they have photos of us mowing which they have been kind enough to not use against us but we can only claim ignorance about their rules once. A layout which avoids the welands areas, which is able to be maintained so that discs are not lost in four foot tall grass in fairways, will only make riverside better and more enjoyable.

we are trying to improve the course for the players, not just locals but disc golfers in this state. riverside is so conjested with layouts that it is a struggle to find your way around. so many non-locals never play this course or play it once and never come back because finding and playing 18 correct holes is too difficult, which is a shame because the course is beautiful. Safety is also a concern at the course. There are so many holes on all the layouts which cross eachother, shoot at the same basket and are blind to eachother that it is dangerous and scary. to say that noone has gotten seriously hurt is not a reason to continue this way. a family just getting into the game of disc golf is not going to take their young children out there because the chance of getting hit by discs while wandering from random hole to random hole is too great when the course is layed out like this. A single 18 hole layout marked well solves these issues. whether that course is blue or green or some new one, riverside needs to move to a single marked course.

I would like to commend Steve Boss and the others who have taken the time to submit layouts. With the comment book that was left at riverside, it seems that many locals are adamant about their views, but only a few actually took the time and put in the effort to draw up a layout that could be used which addressed the issues here. And its sad, because its the locals with the experience and knowledge of riverside that have the potential to do the most/best in this process.

I know that despite these reasons for the changes, people will continue fighting the change. the course is perfect for the locals, rarely conjested and when it is there are so many layouts and holes shooting everywhere they can just shoot around any slow groups and enough differing layouts that you arent forced to play the same holes over and over. but this safari golf will never go away. there is nothing the club can do to prevent safari golf at riverside. but what we can do is improve the course for all disc golf players so that everyone can enjoy the great park that the critical locals have created (as well as the steilacoom players and club who also had a hand in riverside).

I hope that this rivalry between the riverside locals and the club ends soon. it may not under my term or the next, but the locals need to realize we are only here to help. we want whats best for the sport of disc golf. by working together we are that much bigger and that much stronger. we are a players association, an association for and by the players. if you feel the board is not addressing your needs, you vote someone else in. by not being a member and not voting you are ensuring that your specific concerns will not be listened to. but know that myself and im sure the other board members do our best to do whats best for the sport of disc golf, not ourselves or our own narrow views or agendas. now its time to go play in the rain, so maybe ill reply to comments later.

Comment

• Voting for the redesign of Riverside is now taking place at www.piercecountydiscgolf.com Maps can be found earlier in the thread and on the pcdg page. Please vote through the feedback tab and leave name and club #. Thank You

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr. Anderson View Post
          Voting for the redesign of Riverside is now taking place at www.piercecountydiscgolf.com Maps can be found earlier in the thread and on the pcdg page. Please vote through the feedback tab and leave name and club #. Thank You
          I still do not have a club number.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bossman View Post
            I still do not have a club number.
            working on it

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeremy Frieling View Post
              working on it
              Thanx Jeremy, I appreciate it.

Comment

• Bossman...

This is one of the Paul(s). We will be there tonight for our Wednesday Rotational round and as luck will have it I have a Disc with your name on it. A redish 2003 State series disc if I recall correctly. I hope to see you there.

Comment

• big ups to jeremy for the mowin'(in areas where it's allowed) and the blowin'(teepads)

Comment

• Well said Chase!

Voted.
                    Click here

Challenge disc golf

Comment

• Second that. Way to go, Jeremy.

Comment

• Could someone please bring me up to speed on the current state of the course/baskets? I'm considering a drive down to that area to pick up some tables, but will only make the trip if it's worth playing the course right now.
                        Don't just walk past that candy wrapper on the fairway-- I know you saw it!

Comment

• There is still not a full 18 course. I just make up for the missing holes by adding one here and there. I haven't gotten all the leaves up yet so finding a disc can be rough in places. Sorry! I heard the course design will be finalized on the 15th and then we'll make the course solid again.

Comment

• Noob, you are quickly becoming my HERO!!
                            Thank you for your hard work, you rock.

Comment

• As a card carrying pcdgpa member and a fairly regular riverside player i would like some input on the proposed lay outs before i vote. Which layout is the best use of existing teepads and fairways, which layout is the least evasive to the wetlands(most maintainable)? I'm looking for input from the designers of the four courses as well as the the opinions of the locals whether club members or not. So Bossman ,Redfive, Subruise, Mr Anderson, Ode, Jeremy, Guitodd, Puallupean and Noob,etc. What do you think is gonna work and why? I admit I don't know that land as well as some of you but have always loved golfing there and would like to feel like I made a good decision with my vote. Sell me and probabally others on your plan.... We just got over the Dino vs. Patty mudslinging so let's try to stay civil and keep the ball rolling in the right direction.

sorry about the typos ..... but Ninkasi Sleigh'r winter ale packs a punch

Comment

• Hope you felt infromed about your vote. Sorry that I was unable to get back to you earlier. I was on the area courses most of the weekend.

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X