X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My name.... is Neo.
    Sometimes my mind boggles. It's so deep my mind actually boggles.

~ Cyndi Lauper ~

Comment

still searching for answers to questions I have yet to ask

Comment

Originally posted by sillybizz View Post
        My name.... is Neo.
        now to figure what pill to feed ya......oh yeah say hi to the rabbit.

has far the look of the new course......FREAKIN sweet

and that 800ft hole.....i had a clean look at an eagle the first time i played it....but thats as close to an eagle as i got.....heck that 2nd time i played it i may have gotten a 6 on it.....the trees around the basket makes it look harder then it is.....great design guys

Comment

Two thumbs up, i like the layout of this course, i just hope that they keep this one if and when it gets put back to the old courses. river side just wouldn't be river side but still a kickass course.
          played 3 rounds of the 15 that where in, with some of the locals and had a great time. so get out there before the grass gets too tall to play on the 800+ hole.someone mowed the grass and it,s in excellent shape right now.

Comment

Don't get too attached to the layout. There is a local backlash at the redesign. Glad to hear it is well liked by some.
            Click here

Challenge disc golf

Comment

Originally posted by REDFIVE View Post
              Don't get too attached to the layout. There is a local backlash at the redesign. Glad to hear it is well liked by some.
              The old layout (s) were confusing to anyone but regulars, why not make a really awesome 18 holes then a confusing 8 different layouts? Let's use the land correctly, it's not like Disc Golf gets land thrown at us like this all the time. Great job on the redesign Chris, don't let the haters get you down, I support this layout!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
              Sometimes my mind boggles. It's so deep my mind actually boggles.

~ Cyndi Lauper ~

Comment

yup lookin good!!

I'm realy diggin it. So glad sa sa mofo is there too!! Realy challenging yet very playable. Good work..
                Hukin since 1992
                DGOD #115

Comment

i really think it is awesome how you guys redesigned this course!! i agree with Silly about how it could be confusing and you had people throwing discs all over the place with the old course.

It is Way better with this new layout and having people all throwing the same course. I really have to comend you for stepping up and making actuall golf pars with this course also, instead of just labeling everything par 3. i love playing courses with actual pars for each hole.
                  Team HOSER:dancing:
                  Team OLY:cheerleader:
                  Team Meteor

"Oh man, my burps are giving me whiplash"

Comment

Course sounds awesome and it sounds like you are on the right path to creating a tough and challenging golf course. Don't let the locals overwhelm you. Just hold the course and memory's will fade. This happens at so many courses and it is for the best. When is the next big tourney? I will make it if I can. I always liked the land at riverside but thought it like Steilly was a good place to die.. Glad to hear that has changed!
                    Relax and enjoy your hair
                    TNT Yardworks.com

Comment

Originally posted by REDFIVE View Post
                      I've played the new layout 3 times and the more I play it the more I'm starting to like it. The first time the grass was long and I didn't care for it. The next day somebody put in a ton of course work. The holes 12 and 15 looked great mowed. Those 2 holes were my only concern considering the maintenance its going to need.

Also about time people made Par 4 and par 5 holes around here. It took 3 perfect shots to set up a birdie on 15. great hole.

With a couple of work parties this could be the place to test your game. Please remind those people who hate it that it was also intended to be a tournament course and I think you did a Great job. I can't wait for a tournament to be at riverside.

Comment

I have always been a lover of multiple courses for years. Playing casual rounds and having choices of what courses to play with your buddies and not playing the same old boring course. Well, those days are long gone.........riverside has gotten way out of hand as fort steilacoom did and i for one sadly admit that. Fort steilacoom has come a long way and it is great to see the tournament courses coming together nicely and i think the riverside design will be a great success and locals are just going to have to accept that as i did. As i look at the map i am eager to come play it soon and get humbled. Is there a way you can put out the distances and pars on each hole here on the forum page?

Anyway.........great job chris and everyone else who helped........ Backlash or not........do not let the minority stop progress. I think you will find the majority will come and play and back you up 100%.
                        WHEN I GROW UP I WANT TO BE A SPIDER BITE.

Comment

Hey Chris,

Looks like you guys have a whale of a course going right now and I am trying to figure out a way to get out and play there asap. Excellent job on not being happy to just go back to the way things were. Progress is good!

As for the old Riverside....I loved the red course for going out and being able to birdie every single hole but I would never-ever-ever play the course except during a tourney situation. The very first time I went to the course it took over 3 hours for me and another seasoned golfer to try and figure out our way around. Sure, you figure your way around but you never get away from the fact that on any given day on the course you have no idea where a disc is coming from because everyone is playing a different setup. DANGEROUS!

As I have said since I moved out here and my thought has not changed....I have played nearly 500 courses and have never seen the design idea of old Steiily/Riverside any where but here. I have seen many courses that have multiple pins and teepads but they use the same basic layout for each hole so that everyone is playing the same course. If the locals would like variety, then a multiple teepad idea and multiple pins layout for each hole in its area is the way to go. At Maple Hill (Massachussets) they have this situation and leave both pins in at all times (color coded baskets) With two pins and two baskets that gives four permanently installed courses with zero crossover and confusion. Most excellent!

I love the land of Riverside as it most resembles the course where I learned to play. I am excited to see this change and hope it stays this way as I am sure to get out there and play it much more often!

Thanks again Chris and all that helped and congratulations again on thinking outside the old and looking to better use an awesome piece of land.

Later,
                          Papa
                          Team Discraft
                          Instructional Editor DiscGolfer Magazine

Comment

Originally posted by papatart View Post
                            If the locals would like variety, then a multiple teepad idea and multiple pins layout for each hole in its area is the way to go. At Maple Hill (Massachussets) they have this situation and leave both pins in at all times (color coded baskets) With two pins and two baskets that gives four permanently installed courses with zero crossover and confusion. Most excellent!
                            I would love to see more courses adopt this method.
                            Untwist thine undergarments, 'tis but a Frisbee.

Comment

Things appear to be out of my control. The course will be different but similar to the red/blue layouts. not all that cool if you ask me. I think that if the course doesn't get the total makeover it may as well go back to the original layouts with clearly marked tees and baskets. But, who am I to decide?
                              Click here

Challenge disc golf

Comment

People are generally resistant to change. Give them 6 months to adjust; they'll probably love it.
                                Ratings-based divisions: disc golf's inevitable future.
                                Disc Golf Calendar: www.NWDiscGolf.info, or click CALENDAR at top of page
                                Submit Event to Calendar: treelove@nwdiscgolf.info
                                Team Disc Golf: http://www.teamdiscgolf.com
                                Bitchin' URL: http://www.nwdiscgolf.com

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X