Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I stopped by and had a quick look around yesterday. Nice job fellas. Thanks to those people who helped keep this course alive!!
    Hukin since 1992
    DGOD #115

Comment

• Originally posted by Mikk View Post
      I stopped by and had a quick look around yesterday. Nice job fellas. Thanks to those people who helped keep this course alive!!
      the course will NEVER die, go ahead buildf houses offices (fat chance etc), ill still play. never the less, any effort to "help" is "appreciated"

"nice job"

Comment

• I'm through playin' nice.

Comment

• Oh no. Can't be worse than banning bonfires at the course. Or is it? What's going on?

Comment

• or using a basket as a bbq

Comment

• Here is the latest and greatest on the "New" Lahar course at Riverside. Yesterday morning Noob and myself dropped an other 1/2 yard of crushed gravel at the course adding some footing to the boxes for 6,8, and 16. This will have to serve as a temporary remedy until we have some weather that is more conducive to pouring cement. We will also be updating the sandwich board signs with distances in the near future. So far I have measured most of the new holes and here is what I cam up with...
              6-342 ft
              8-383 ft
              9-312 ft
              10-236 ft
              11-? (oops forgot that one)
              12-413 ft
              16-434 ft

Thank you all for your patience as we get the new layout established. More updates to come.

Comment

• I would like send a big thank you to John Anderson, Kyle Crabtree (stair master), and especially Nick Clark for all of his cement expertise for helping out at yet another impromptu work party. Cement was poured in to 6,8, and 16 as well as two pot holes coming into the course (keep an eye out). I checked in of the pads last night and 6 and 16 will need another day or two of completely dry as they don't get much sun. New stairs up to 18s pad will be finished off today. Thanks again guys for coming out and volunteering your time.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeremy Frieling View Post
                  I would like send a big thank you to John Anderson, Kyle Crabtree (stair master), and especially Nick Clark for all of his cement expertise for helping out at yet another impromptu work party. Cement was poured in to 6,8, and 16 as well as two pot holes coming into the course (keep an eye out). I checked in of the pads last night and 6 and 16 will need another day or two of completely dry as they don't get much sun. New stairs up to 18s pad will be finished off today. Thanks again guys for coming out and volunteering your time.
                  Nice work guys! Im stoked for WA TDG to play the new course and check out all of the hardwork you guys have put in! Thanks for doing what you do!
                  A bad day on the golf course is better than a good day at work!

Comment

• I was down there yesterday and saw the new tee pads, they look awesome, can't wait to go back and play. There are some really good and fun holes out there, thanks for putting in the time and work to install new tee pads. I look forward to going back and checking out all of the work that is being done to make this course great.
                    Sometimes my mind boggles. It's so deep my mind actually boggles.

~ Cyndi Lauper ~

Comment

• You guys keep slapping yourselves on the back for violating a community of golfers and the course they held dear. Meanwhile the same people you criticize for not wanting to be members of your club, will continue to do the real maintenance, like cleaning up downed wood. Wasn't there a work party for that very purpose advertised on your web site? Maybe you should've picked up a stick or two, no problem, we low-life locals will handle it, as always. MY thanks go out to those who continue to represent.
                      Last edited by Bossman; January 24th, 2011, 07:16 PM. Reason: Question mark???

Comment

• its always good to see initiative. new things have to happen. that said, nothing "needed to be done" about riverside. its not the land that needs to change, its the attitudes of everybody. Riverside has always been great, and it will continue to be (just with more waiting). I predict this cycle repeating for eons to come, just as it always has. the bringers of this change should feel good about what they are doing, at least they believe in it. Do not, however think that its original or wont be circumvented in another 15 or 20 years. Do what you will, be nice to each other. Remember, it could be worse.

:deadhorse:

RV

Comment

• Creative Genius

They say " a picture is worth a thousand words". Good, because I'm speechless.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bossman View Post
                            Umm, wtf? What is that supposed to be? The world's worst mando?
                            "Honest work is for the downtrodden and the Polish"
                            Cleveland Brown

Comment

• Originally posted by Bossman View Post
                              I would guess that those are the bases for the new tee signs. Dig a hole and insert bucket's. I wouldn't say they are the prettiest things around, but there will be signs!

keep up the good work!
                              A bad day on the golf course is better than a good day at work!

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X