Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So I am watching on Sunday and see his ball in the sand. He addresses it (grounds club) and I think Hey, that's a trap! He plays and off they go. After he turns in a bad card, The local rules are shared publicly.

Note Ball golf has two sets of rules The Royal and Ancient and the local (conditional, situational) The locals are published in the PP on Wed
    The Local rules states "that any Sand whether boundaried or not, raked or not and/or outside of the ropes is deemed a hazard and will be treated as such". Plain and simple.

There was an incident of misplayed course recently and the group made what was "an incorrect decision" the player was ultimately the only one who bore the weight of the decision.
    Bottom line

Always
    1. Throw a provisional when in doubt
    2. Talk to the TD before you turn in your card

Tim
    I believe there are 5 rules we should all play by all of the time
    1. NO Falling putts
    2. Don't advance in front of play
    3. Behind your mini
    4. Pack it in Pack it out
    5. Don't break shit
    rewindb.com

Comment

Originally posted by LJ Jubner View Post
      Tim
      I believe there are 5 rules we should all play by all of the time
      1. NO Falling putts
      3. Behind your mini
      5. Don't break shit
      Not bad standards, though I don't really have much of an issue with 1-3 in casual play, so long as anything is done with good intentions.

Kind of reminds me of George Carlin's version of the 10 Commandments.
      Untwist thine undergarments, 'tis but a Frisbee.

Comment

[*]Don't break shit[/LIST]

Especially your hand
        Read this ^

Comment

Originally posted by DMajor View Post
          Especially your hand
          I know that break. Got mad and punched something hard, eh? Ask me how did I know.
          The Corporate Empire is NOT a Constitutional Republic...
          ...but it plays one on TV.

Comment

Originally posted by Tim View Post
            Not bad standards, though I don't really have much of an issue with 1-3 in casual play, so long as anything is done with good intentions.

Kind of reminds me of George Carlin's version of the 10 Commandments.
            Stop making so much f***ing sense.

Comment

1. NO Falling putts
              3. Behind your mini
              5. Don't break shit
              6. Yell "FORE" as if it's your own spouse that your DF Boss is about to cream.
              The only thing miraculous about ICP is the fact that their children look like them...

Comment

Originally posted by Ol' Bob View Post
                I know that break. Got mad and punched something hard, eh? Ask me how did I know.
                I had an unusually frustrating morning entirely unrelated to disc golf. Then went to play a round at seatac. Threw my first bad shot of the round on hole three's tee and punched the shoulder high metal tee sign right next to the tee. It was the first time I have ever punched anything on a disc golf course out of frustration. I saved par on three and finished the round at thirteen over. That was a month ago and I have not been able to throw much since. I have gotten alot better with my left but it is not nearly as fun.

Let that be a lesson. Punching things out of frustration is not a good idea. But if you do make sure you connect with your pointer and middle knuckles first or you will end up twiddling your thumbs all summer when your friends are out winning disc golf tournaments

How did you know?
                Read this ^

Comment

[QUOTE=ChUcK;73588]6. Yell "FORE" as if it's your own spouse that your DF Boss is about to cream.[/QUi hope u didn't forget that rule....at the point in time

Comment

Nah, it's just one of my pet peeves on the course. I don't mind getting hit/having discs land near me if I hear a good fore first.
                    The only thing miraculous about ICP is the fact that their children look like them...

Comment

If you are in the habit of punching something out of frustration you need to train yourself to use your non-throwing hand. In the split second it takes to switch hands you may sometimes get lucky and realize its not worth it and walk away.

When my hand or arm gets injured or hurt at home I love to tell my wife and mother-in-law "Don't worry its not my throwing hand!" and watch their you gotta be kidding me oh darn reaction.

Comment

Originally posted by DMajor View Post
                        How did you know?
                        I just punched the wall for telling you to ask me that.

Well let's see... It was an afternoon over forty years ago and I was leaving in the wee hours on a trip to the PNW from my mom's house in So. Cal. I had put a rack on top of my '68 Camaro for my 17' fiberglass canoe. I had my BSA 650 on a trailer behind and was going on the greatest vacation of my young life. I had bought some expensive 1/2" nylon braid rope to tie the canoe down and I wanted to do it in two pieces, one fore, and one aft. I put the canoe on the rack and tied down one end and when I went to tie down the other end, I found I had cut the rope in the wrong place. It pissed me off so much that I punched the canoe. It was actually quite hard. I got what they call, "the boxer's fracture." I still left in the wee hours, but with my right hand gripping a rolled ace bandage and another ace bandage wrapped around it. Man, it hurt to shift that four speed all the way to Ocean Park.

After I got home from the doctor, I found I had not cut the rope in the wrong place after all, but only thought I had. Oops.

Some years later I got pissed at my old lady and kicked a 50 pound bag of Purina Dog Chow. It didn't give like I thought it would. Don't do that either, if you like your toes, that is.
                        Last edited by Ol' Bob; August 17th, 2010, 09:10 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Ol' Bob View Post
                          I just punched the wall for telling you to ask me that.

Well let's see... It was an afternoon over forty years ago and I was leaving in the wee hours on a trip to the PNW from my mom's house in So. Cal. I had put a rack on top of my '68 Camaro for my 17' fiberglass canoe. I had my BSA 650 on a trailer behind and was going on the greatest vacation of my young life. I had bought some expensive 1/2" nylon braid rope to tie the canoe down and I wanted to do it in two pieces, one fore, and one aft. I put the canoe on the rack and tied down one end and when I went to tie down the other end, I found I had cut the rope in the wrong place. It pissed me off so much that I punched the canoe. It was actually quite hard. I got what they call, "the boxer's fracture." I still left in the wee hours, but with my right hand gripping a rolled ace bandage and another ace bandage wrapped around it. Man, it hurt to shift that four speed all the way to Ocean Park.

After I got home from the doctor, I found I had not cut the rope in the wrong place after all, but only thought I had. Oops.

Some years later I got pissed at my old lady and kicked a 50 pound bag of Purina Dog Chow. It didn't give like I thought it would. Don't do that either, if you like your toes, that is.
                          What I got out of that was " I can't belive you tied a canoe to the top of a four speed '68 Camaro " You must have been alot of fun to hangout with Ol' Bob !!!!!!
                          PDGA # 52916
                          CRDGC
                          TCDGC
                          FWWDGC
                          PDGC

Comment

Only new car I ever had. Should have put it straight into storage, eh?

I showed up in the Ocean Park area and soon was spoken of around the peninsula as "California Bob, the drug pusher." Nice car (my mom), nice bike (the GI Bill), nice canoe (pumping gas 56 hours a week). Sold the car to my uncle after two years and got an old 1951 Air Force Jeep. Broke the motor case on the BSA and gave it to my friend who had an ugly BSA with a good motor. Stored the canoe at a friend's house for the winter and he had a chimney fire and the house burned to the ground.

Ah, the good old days... It doesn't get any better than this!

Lay not your treasures up upon the earth,
                            where moth and rust doth corrupt.
                            Last edited by Ol' Bob; August 18th, 2010, 09:10 AM.

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                            Collapse
                            No announcement yet.
                            Working...
                            X