Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Disc Golf Recreation at Junior High Camp

Hey all,

I will be attending a junior high camp next week at Wi-Ne-Ma Christian Camp in Cloverdale, OR. I have heard they have disc golf baskets on site and after investigation have found this to be true. I can arrange them however I want. Still not sure how many they have, but I am planning some events for recreation time and wanted to get your consideration.

Here are some of my thoughts(keep in mind this is a junior high camp):

One basket will be a Putting Circle, with Around the World game markers at 3 foot distances around the basket.

One basket will be a short hole, only 100-150'.

A third (if one exists) will be a long hole, 200-275'.

I have thoughts on doing a distance contest on Friday. The top 3 drivers get candy bars from the snack shack. If any student out drives me (it could happen) they will receive the "Golden Driver". I plan on spray painting a new DX Leopard or similar.

I imagine that if I have a large amount of baskets I can set up a improv safari course around the camp. Only problem is keeping watch of the students and making sure they don't leave with my discs.

So do you have any suggestions?
    Disc golf ruined my life.

Try and round up some old plastic from your golfin buddies and donate it to the camp, you won't have to worry about anybody losing your plastic and they would probably appreciate the gesture.
    A bad day on the golf course is better than a good day at work!

Comment

Funny, I am doing the same thing. I'm heading to Whitebranch to be a counselor for elementary age kids right after the Calapooia Classic. I have to bring baskets though.

I hope no middle schooler out throws you.

Comment

They might have some old discs at the camp. I wouldn't see why not since they have baskets. I am not too worried considering all my plastic has my name and number on it. If one winds up missing, then I will just have to announce the investigation at dinner.

A middle schooler might be able to out drive me. I don't have the greatest distance. Anyway, it makes a cool goal for them all to get the Golden Driver.

Comment

Originally posted by olydiscgolf View Post
          Try and round up some old plastic from your golfin buddies and donate it to the camp, you won't have to worry about anybody losing your plastic and they would probably appreciate the gesture.
          I wouldn't mind donating plastic to the camp, but they don't use the baskets enough. I also don't have any golfer friends. Just my cousin and friends that I have conned into playing with me.

Comment

Just picked up an X-Out DX Archangel 150gram for the "Golden Driver". Now to paint it gold!

Last edited by mrDROCK; August 13th, 2010, 02:13 PM.

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
            Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X