X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PCDGPA board nominations 8-18

The pierce county disc golf players association is holding nominations for all board positions. Any club member will be able to nominate another club member as long as the nominee has been a current member for 60 days. To nominate a person for a position and for more info go to www.piercecountydiscgolf.com. click on the feedback tab and enter the info needed with nomination as the subject. Please make sure to note the position you are nominating for. You will have to leave your name so your current membership can be verified. The website is still new so a list of current members will be available shortly. Nominations will be open from 8-18 until 9-01. A vote will be on 10-13. Voting will be done online through the club website as well as in person.
    Last edited by REDFIVE; August 12th, 2010, 08:00 AM.
    Click here

Challenge disc golf

The positions available are;

President
    Vice president
    Treasurer
    Secretary
    Promotions
    Maintenance
    Riverside Rep.
    IT director
    Click here

Challenge disc golf

Comment

Is there a list of who has been nominated for what? This information should be displayed somewhere.

Have the current club members been notified that this is actually going on through an email, phone call, or, at the very least, a posting at Steily & Riverside?

Mike Rideout
      WA ST Approved PDGA Schedule

4DiscGolf - a tournament directors best friend!!!

Tournament Directors - register your event HERE

Comment

Originally posted by Rideout View Post
        Is there a list of who has been nominated for what? This information should be displayed somewhere.

Have the current club members been notified that this is actually going on through an email, phone call, or, at the very least, a posting at Steily & Riverside?

Mike Rideout
        The info has been posted at both courses. I tried to send an email but I was given out of date email addresses. Rob dean was working on an updated email listso we can get the info out. I am not sure when the list of nominees will be made public. Most likely after the nominations are closed which is after the 1st. This all depends on the people running this thing. I am just a messanger.
        Click here

Challenge disc golf

Comment

Originally posted by REDFIVE View Post
          The pierce county disc golf players association is holding nominations for all board positions. Any club member will be able to nominate another club member as long as the nominee has been a current member for 60 days. To nominate a person for a position and for more info go to www.piercecountydiscgolf.com. click on the feedback tab and enter the info needed with nomination as the subject. Please make sure to note the position you are nominating for. You will have to leave your name so your current membership can be verified. The website is still new so a list of current members will be available shortly. Nominations will be open from 8-18 until 9-01. A vote will be on 10-13. Voting will be done online through the club website as well as in person.
          Uh-oh!
          Looks like the PCDGA site has been hijacked! There is not any information there about joining the PCDGA.
          Some lonely/obsessed folfer has turned the site into some kind of Shawna Buzzingham fan/tribute site.

Kind of creepy!
          "I love it when a plan comes together" -John 'Hannibal' Smith

Comment

The site seems to be working fine.

I think it's good that the info is posted at the course. All I've been hearing from the club lately is how they are waiting on Rob Dean for things; I'm curious if you'll ever get that updated email list.

Chris, I know you are just the messenger. This club tried to have a vote 6 months ago and put it off so they could get their act together. At the last club meeting it seemed as though the elections were not even going to be discussed. That's why I brought the elections up and then it was easy to see that very little thought had gone into the election process at all. They claimed that a few of their hold ups were due to waiting on Rob Dean.

I think that it is important for people to inform themselves. It's frustrating when the powers that be don't give their people a reliable source for information.

I am really really looking forward to a few new board members.

Mike
            Last edited by Rideout; August 24th, 2010, 05:17 AM.

Comment

Riverside Rep

What are the responsibilities of the Riverside Rep? Would this person be required to run tournaments, even the weekly Ace Pots? And...what else? This person I realize has a be a Club Member 60 days prior to nominations and/or elections. Too bad there wasn't a bit more notice, as I'm not even sure there's time for new people to join the club and still be eligible for election....would have to check that out and do the math. The posting at Riverside was hung up just a few days after the stealing of the baskets, so very recently. Is this position re-elected yearly? Will the number of votes be posted for the members to see?

I've run into several golfers over the last couple of days, friendly family players and casual golfers, who would enjoy representing the course. Would this even work, or is the club's goal to have a tournament player in this position rather than someone who enjoys the quiet atmosphere of casual play that goes on all day, every day of the week? Hopefully both tournament and family play will be supported as these changes occur. Please give friendly, helpful and inviting feedback!

Comment

Do you guys want your own sub-forum on here?
                Oregon disc golf map

Comment

I am not any kind of official spokesperson for the club but I try to stay very active, involved, and informed on the club's matters.

IMO... I think it would be better to keep this info posted here, as opposed to a sub-forum, because we still have people who have a hard time finding any info. The easier it is to see, esspecially leading up to a big vote, the better.

I Think... The Riverside Rep is a newer position. I'm not sure about all of the position's responsabilites, but I think it was first formed to help with the communication between Riverside locals and the rest of the club. When the club took over the county contract with the park; there was a lot of confusion.

I too hope that the importance of the position focuses on both the family friendly and tournament atmosheres of the park.

I hope this helps. A board member from the club should chime in.

Mike Rideout

Comment

Is there anybody that is on the board reading this?
                    Click here

Challenge disc golf

Comment

I don't know if there are nominations posted anywhere.

Here are the nominations I, Mike Rideout, have just made on the new website feedback form:

President - Chris Waugh
                      Vice President - John Anderson
                      Treasurer - Ray Seick
                      Secretary - Mrs Schumacher
                      Maintenance - Chris (I can't remember his last name; he built all the new benches out at Steily)
                      Riverside Rep - Mike Werth
                      IT Director - Gregg Zart
                      Promotions Director - Matthew Schumacher

Comment

What is this website you speak of?
                        Untwist thine undergarments, 'tis but a Frisbee.

Comment

Sorry, I guess that is important information.

Here is the new Pierce County Disc Golf Players Association (PCDGPA) website:

http://www.piercecountydiscgolf.com/1.html

Comment

Excellent... the people who wanted to get nominated, were not nominated. So now the nominations have been extended. Unless, of course, there's another reason which a club board member is going to make us aware of. Pretty sure there's just a couple of butt hurt board members that are now going to make sure they get nominated by the new deadline.

What a joke!!

Mike Rideout

Comment

How long do you have to be a member before you can vote?

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X