X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by zippyboy View Post
    Also keep in mind that there is no "ONE" disc out there that will make you a better player.
    This is true. On the other hand, it is also true that not all discs were created equal. Some are better than others, and some breed better throwing habits than others. DX Roc is about as good a suggestion as it gets for a true stable midrange, and I believe in the long run it does make a better learning tool than most of the other discs on the market. I'd recommend going lighter than max weight to start with though.

Comment

Originally posted by Eric Olson View Post
      I think the circle is for in between the trees closer to the tee. The big tree is all the way down by the short basket placement. Not that you would want to hit that tree, but it's more toward the end of the flight than the beginning. Makes me want to play Dexter anyway.
      exactly. this is the first main window, which is the most important window. hit it with the correct angle and speed and the rest is cake. well, in a perfect world.

the reason i used a roc is cause that's what i throw. i am non-partisan to other mids. i also have been driving with my roc a lot latley too. it's amazing how straight it flies and higher speeds. i've been throwing it 300+ft consistently on a line with very little fade. a lot of the reason for my gained distance came from this you tube clip on midrange grips. i use the fan grip now for my rocs and sometimes my teebirds and eagles.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=28ABf6csQpM
      Last edited by Dr. Zaius; November 12th, 2008, 12:14 AM.
      May the wind be in your favor...

Comment

Maybe I should just add a chain saw to my disc bag

Thanks all for the help. I know sometimes I take it too seriously... just the person I am. It is a challange for me and I like it.

Comment

I use the gap idea... and I use the "fixate on a point beyond the gap" idea. I do take my eyes off of the target during my run-up but I find it again prior to release.

And don't forget... Spray and Pray.
          ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
          ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

Originally posted by Sam View Post
            And don't forget... Spray and Pray.
            Huck and Hope.
            Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by Chef View Post
              Maybe I should just add a chain saw to my disc bag

Thanks all for the help. I know sometimes I take it too seriously... just the person I am. It is a challange for me and I like it.
              i find that a really sharp machete is the least noticeable and most fun way to hack down those unwanted woody friends.

it's good that you take it seriously. I take it seriously too. which is why i was up at 2am chatting on a few disc golf message boards and watching dg dvd's by myself with no beer. what the hell is wrong with me!?

Comment

From a significantly less proficient perspective: if you find yourself to be more accurate with your upshots, it is likely because you are throwing at a stand-still or a single-step toss. If I'm in the woods and need to shoot a gap, I usually just take a single step for my drive rather than a full run-up or x-step. You're utilizing fewer muscle groups and taking out some of the variables. It doesn't matter that you can throw really far with a run-up if you hit the first tree and end up in neverland...

Comment

that's a good tip too essjay. standing still and 'transfering your weight' allows for way greater control. good call.

Comment

Originally posted by jevon View Post
                    Learn to throw flat and straight and everything else will fall into place. Plus, when carrying only three discs, you have more room for beer!
                    Great advise. I love throwing straight shots. Ryan G called Brody and I "team f*** the hyzer shot" I thought it was quite appropriate.

Comment

This is going to sound weird but if you are throwing a RHBH try aiming left of the gap... look there before you throw and try to stay smooth...

Comment

Originally posted by essjay View Post
                        From a significantly less proficient perspective: if you find yourself to be more accurate with your upshots, it is likely because you are throwing at a stand-still or a single-step toss. If I'm in the woods and need to shoot a gap, I usually just take a single step for my drive rather than a full run-up or x-step. You're utilizing fewer muscle groups and taking out some of the variables. It doesn't matter that you can throw really far with a run-up if you hit the first tree and end up in neverland...

Seriously good advice here.
                        Ruining everyone else's fun since 1998.

Comment

dr. zaius:

I teach the A shift at a culinary school. I get there around 4:45 AM in the morning..... the first person to open to school up. I take my putter upstairs in my class room and practise putting into the sink. he he he

Comment

Originally posted by Chef View Post
                            dr. zaius:

I teach the A shift at a culinary school. I get there around 4:45 AM in the morning..... the first person to open to school up. I take my putter upstairs in my class room and practise putting into the sink. he he he
                            nice. i teach at a high school. nearly every day i walk down any main hall all i do is visualize a basket at the end of the hall and decipher which disc i would use.
                            as most of us here can agree, i (we) have a serious problem.

Comment

I do that when I drive!

In school... I try to figure out which kid I would have to hyzer over.

Comment

I just keep a skill shot in my classroom, easier.
                                educate your thinking

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X