Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Save your money and use high fructose corn syrup.
    The Corporate Empire is NOT a Constitutional Republic...
    ...but it plays one on TV.

Comment

Check Craigslist and eBay, and anywhere else they could sell a basket. Get the police involved if you haven't done so already.

Someone stealing this many baskets is either looking to sell them or start their own private course.
      We're at our best when it's from our hips

Comment

Originally posted by Parks View Post
        ...or start their own private course.
        That's what I've been thinking. First the ones from Steilly, and now these, it's making me wonder where the underground course in Pierce County might be.
        Untwist thine undergarments, 'tis but a Frisbee.

Comment

If only this were a movie, you could write a script to find congregations of circular objects approximately the size of a basket top using Google Earth, and then tell it to enhance a few times until you could tell if they were baskets or not. Then you could find your thief and his secret course.
          We're at our best when it's from our hips

Comment

Yes another sad day for Disc Golf in Pierce County. I can not keep wondering why any one would steal that many baskets from our courses. The players have paid to put those baskets in, maintaned the courses(heck Riverside looks unreal right now NICE JOB GUYS), and have had more players out weekly then in many years. So much for that. Its not like you have to pay to play. Its just wrong to take things that belong to ALL the players. I hope we can find the PEOPLE involved with this - This would be a tough one man job. The only reason to steal that many baskets is to put in a course, or sell them and that would be hard. They have enough for 9 holes now, and if they can not steal from Riverside or Steilacoom any more then I guess the other local courses should keep their eyes on their baskets too. Its my understanding that they did not take Charlie or Daves basket, thats a plus, and shows some kind of respect?!? Lets find these SOBS. -
            Alisa
            Last edited by Discgolfingkilmers; August 2nd, 2010, 03:04 PM. Reason: Wanted to sign post
            We all should take better care in our courses

Comment

To our disc golf brethren..

To our fellow clubs in the Puget Sound Region. It is apparent that we have a new course going in ......somewhere.....

If you dont want your baskets stolen too, you may want to enquire with the tacoma club in regards to purchasing a set of collar sleeves from us.

When we secured the baskets at Steili we had them make us a few extra sets. Riverside today, could be your course tomorrow. Lockem up biotches!

Comment

Two days after the course is finally mowed properly the baskets have to be removed, lame. Thanks to everybody that helped mow on Saturday, and dig and lift on Monday.
                Click here

Challenge disc golf

Comment

so what happened in steily? Did you shut that course down too(probably not) so why shut the entire course down. Unfortunately this crap happens everywhere but as a regular at riverside along with some of my other friends what options do we have to keep our course there. Driving to tacoma or auburn sucks and is just as riddled with douchbags. To just yank them without giving us any options is as much a crime as taking them in the first place(and those douches will be found).....sucks for us all but dont flex muscle come up with a solution

Comment

Baskets were pulled at Steilly and it was shut down too. Some also got upset about the decision. But, now that they all have their protective collars and no further baskets have been stolen, it seems like everyone got over it.
                    Untwist thine undergarments, 'tis but a Frisbee.

Comment

okay,thanks for filling me in. I would like to help and so would a few others in any way we can in replacing these and installing the protective collars, if you have any heads up on info i will pass it around....my buds are pretty happy their saysaymofo sign was still standing,that was their contribution to the course

Comment

The best thing for the future of the course is to become a member of the club and attend meeting and other events.
                        Click here

Challenge disc golf

Comment

Originally posted by REDFIVE View Post
                          The best thing for the future of the course is to become a member of the club and attend meeting and other events.
                          can you give me a quick link to the club to join?

Comment

why be so vindictive?

I'm curious...did you wind up pulling the baskets? It seems a rash and non-productive act to shut down an entire course just because half a dozen baskets were ripped off by some group of f-ups. If such a tradgedy occured at one of our courses, I imagine the club response would be to get some temporary targets set up at the victimized holes until new baskets could be installed.

Why make all suffer further? What's the point?
                            "When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace." -- Jimi Hendrix

Comment

if they are gonna do the same thing that they did at steli its not suffering.
                              when they pulled all the baskets at steli it was to do work on them. they made steel lock covers and ordered a bunch of barrel locks. so for maybe a month some us suffered not having a course to play. but the final out come was securing the baskets for the future of our course. so i say go ahead pull the baskets and start doing the work needed to secure the baskets for the future

Comment

Originally posted by puyallupean View Post
                                can you give me a quick link to the club to join?
                                Check your PM.
                                Click here

Challenge disc golf

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X