X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Baskets to be pulled...

Riverside disc golf course in Sumner Washington will have all the baskets removed on Sunday August 1st.

There were five baskets stolen from the park and four more look prepped for taking. Not really sure what else to say that isn't made of purely curse words and insults, bitches! Most of the baskets are disc catchers with the thick yellow band. There are blue and red paint squares on the bands with the number of the hole for that course painted in the colored area. Not sure why someone that is a part of the community would steal baskets but if they are they will be caught. Riverside has a tight knit group of core golfers that have a good idea of who might be responsible. When they are caught they will be prosecuted, publicly ridiculed and shunned from every golf course we can get the word to.

On a side note please support this event being held on Private SECURE piece of property so we may be able to get a course that is less likely to have this sort of bull shit happen.
    Last edited by REDFIVE; August 1st, 2010, 04:48 AM.
    Click here

Challenge disc golf

Chris: Five baskets were stolen! I'm very sorry to hear that. Who's pulling all the baskets tomorrow? The city? Not sure if they stole the baskets before the city was to pull them all? I'm sorry ... I'm way behind the game here. Why are they being pulled? Ken

Comment

The baskets arebeing pulled by the club to teach a lesson and to make them more theft proof. Not sure how long they will be pulled for but as of now don't expect them back any time soon.
      Click here

Challenge disc golf

Comment

Say say it ain't so, MoFo
        "I love it when a plan comes together" -John 'Hannibal' Smith

Comment

Very sad to hear this...
          Stealing five baskets would take at least one big truck, possibly two. There's only a few ways in and out of the course-- perhaps the police could check a traffic camera or ? The club should definitely try to get the police to give a strong effort to find these criminals. Were the culprits that stole baskets from Steily ever found? Surely someone in the disc golf community has to at least heard rumors, have potential suspects/shady characters they wouldn't put it past-- disc golfer on meth?, disgruntled club member? Clues? Let's catch these MoFo's Say-Say?
          Don't just walk past that candy wrapper on the fairway-- I know you saw it!

Comment

...guess that's one advantage ball golf has over disc golf... cleptomaniacs don't go stealin' cups.

If everyone who catches wind of this crime spreads the word and is vigilant in trying to find those responsible, I'm fairly confident they'll be caught.
            Don't just walk past that candy wrapper on the fairway-- I know you saw it!

Comment

it was six baskets, not five.
              Click here

Challenge disc golf

Comment

This bums me most severely, as I have such good Riverside friends. These people I know love their disc golf to the maximum. The news makes me feel sick.
                The Corporate Empire is NOT a Constitutional Republic...
                ...but it plays one on TV.

Comment

Originally posted by REDFIVE View Post
                  The baskets arebeing pulled by the club to teach a lesson and to make them more theft proof. Not sure how long they will be pulled for but as of now don't expect them back any time soon.

What an absolute bummer. I think Toby has a good idea ... perhaps there is some traffic camera on a road leading out of the the park. Again, sorry about this.

Comment

Yes, someone had to have seen something. Six baskets stolen is a lot of baskets for an overnight theft. Makes me think it was an inside job...
                    Sometimes my mind boggles. It's so deep my mind actually boggles.

~ Cyndi Lauper ~

Comment

This is some bad news, for disc golf in general. Sorry to hear about your loss guys. Perhaps their is a way to set up these fools up?
                      "Remember boys this ain't therapy"-Jub.
                      PDGA # 42821
                      Push-ups owed to: thebakedone 1,856.

Comment

Sorry to hear the news.

-G. Lyman

Comment

Horrible news, Riverside is one of my favorite courses. I just played there last Tuesday. I hope the baskets are recovered.

Comment

Sorry to hear about this. Sadly, I am not in utter shock at this news. I used to think that all disc golfers were the coolest of people, but lately I have had to rethink my beliefs due to lots of theft and vandalism. Good luck on the man hunt!

Comment

POUR HONEY OVER THEM AND TIE THEM TO A TREE AT STILLY AND LET THE ANTS TAKE CARE OF THEM

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X